Release Notes - 3rd June (Competitions and QoL)

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Re: Release Notes - 3rd June (Competitions and QoL)

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

AveryW88 wrote: ....On to the other concerns that I have definite answers for: Laura Francese's comps will now always fall over weekends and last 3 days, not two. However they will start on Friday instead of Saturday. ....
All 3 Lauras at the same time or taking turns on weekends?
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

Taking turns and mixed with other comps.
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

AveryW88 wrote:Taking turns and mixed with other comps.
thanks
Ardillamente
Tracker

Post by Ardillamente »

When you say taking turns on Laura comps, and they're on weekends.... does that mean a Laura comp each weekend, then the next Laura comp the next weekend and so on? If so, that means we'll only get a particular comp, like recurve once every 5 weeks instead of every 2 weeks when they were running back to back. Is that right?
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

AveryW88 wrote:For the things I haven't answered, we aren't ignoring them. We are currently picking our battles though since there's an event coming up fast and we really don't want to break stuff in the middle of that.
Hi Avery, one thing I have not seen you mention is whether EW might consider adding some EM payout for the Starter competitions. Perhaps EW sees otherwise, but from my point of view there is no incentive to join Starter competitions that only result in a trophy. Perhaps you want it that way, to incentivize people to get out there and harvest enough to get out of the Starter category?
Von_Jager

Post by Von_Jager »

Trophies look great, but I have yet to see a single multispecies competition since the change. It seems the competitions you removed were some of my favorite. It also seems like more species do not have a competition active at any one time. Why do I even bother, no one ever listens.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Von_Jager wrote:Trophies look great, but I have yet to see a single multispecies competition since the change. It seems the competitions you removed were some of my favorite. It also seems like more species do not have a competition active at any one time. Why do I even bother, no one ever listens.
A lack of a direct response doesn't mean you weren't heard. ;) This is an adjustment time- they're working on data collection and getting feedback, and going from there.

It's like your signature. The uhcapps has been gone for a while, so images and other stuff from there no longer works. Yet, many people haven't made changes in their signatures to reflect that change. So, broken and unused 'stuff' (links) is still there. Think of this competition update as them cleaning out the non-working items from their signatures and figuring out and putting in stuff that does work.
Von_Jager

Post by Von_Jager »

splainin2do wrote:
Von_Jager wrote:Trophies look great, but I have yet to see a single multispecies competition since the change. It seems the competitions you removed were some of my favorite. It also seems like more species do not have a competition active at any one time. Why do I even bother, no one ever listens.
A lack of a direct response doesn't mean you weren't heard. ;) This is an adjustment time- they're working on data collection and getting feedback, and going from there.

It's like your signature. The uhcapps has been gone for a while, so images and other stuff from there no longer works. Yet, many people haven't made changes in their signatures to reflect that change. So, broken and unused 'stuff' (links) is still there. Think of this competition update as them cleaning out the non-working items from their signatures and figuring out and putting in stuff that does work.
The links may no longer work, but it still correctly displays number of kills this season and highest score this season. It is not like it displays #INVALID or something.

To the other point, I have supplied feedback in both classic, and COTW, I have written long emails, detailing my hunting background, and my thoughts on how to make improvements, while not making the game as "boring" as real hunting(much longer periods of inactivity than in-game.) I have never received a reply, a thank you, or any acknowledgement of receipt, and none of my ideas or suggestions have ever been implemented, even in a different way. It even seems they just do the opposite of what I suggest(much like my family.) So I guess I typed my message more to get it off my chest, than to actually provide feedback.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I think most people here have a hunting background. I also assume many of those have made suggestions too whether or not they were implemented, who knows. Suggestions are good but keep in mind that is all they are- suggestions. To expect to get confirmation from the developers 'because' of a hunting background on such suggestions whatever they may be is- asinine. It doesn't mean however that that your feed back wasn't acknowledged. And I don't think the majority of players think theHunter Classic is boring- if they do why are they still here? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Von_Jager

Post by Von_Jager »

BCKidd wrote:I think most people here have a hunting background. I also assume many of those have made suggestions too whether or not they were implemented, who knows. Suggestions are good but keep in mind that is all they are- suggestions. To expect to get confirmation from the developers 'because' of a hunting background on such suggestions whatever they may be is- asinine. It doesn't mean however that that your feed back wasn't acknowledged. And I don't think the majority of players think theHunter Classic is boring- if they do why are they still here? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
Most do not have a hunting background according to the player surveys. At least a thank you would be nice. I was offering to consult for free.. not sure how that is "asinine." And yes, a majority of players do believe it to be "boring" hence so many accounts made vs total number of players who still play, and how arcade like the followup game is. But I was saying RL hunting is boring, which I love hunting, but it can be very slow and patience is key. Sitting 3-4 hours and seeing nothing, no one wants to do that in a video game.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”