Release Notes - 3rd June (Competitions and QoL)

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Release Notes - 3rd June (Competitions and QoL)

Post by AveryW88 »

Howdy Hunters!

We've put together some serious QoL fixes for you in this release, most of them about the Competitions and competitive spirit theHunter Classic is famous for:

✅ The gm$ limit has been increased to 99 999 999 instead of 999 999. Believe it or not, Some players complained that they cannot earn more than a million.
✅ Locations mentioned in the WRR travel missions are shown as exclamation marks on the Hunter Mate now.
✅ Event missions become inactive once the event is over.
✅ Points for event competitions did not always apply automatically, fixed now.
✅ Score system has been slightly updated for animals scored purely by weight like ptarmigans and the rabbit family, and any animals scored by skull size to add more differentiation to the harvested animals and decrease the number of players sharing places in leaderboards. As a side effect, all scores now have 4 decimals. We understand that this is a small step away from realism, but hope it will increase the competitive aspect and eliminate dozens of similar scores in the leaderboards. Please note that all previous harvests will stay as is, but an extra zero will be added to the score there for consistency. Only new harvests will have the proper 4 decimals in the score, therefore we released it today together with a new season start.

A major update of competitions:

✅ All regular competitions were re-scheduled completely to keep the balance for the simultaneously running competitions (and another reason you'll find out soon :) ).
✅ All animal trophies are updated with brand new ones.
✅ Unpopular competitions largely replaced with the new ones in rotation. Let us know if you want more new comps in the regular rotation!
✅ Bugfixes (missing/incorrect ammo and weapons, missing info in description, etc).
✅ Updated headers (some animals missed it and used the generic one). All single animal comps now have pretty new headers for you to enjoy.
✅ The formatting of all competitions has been changed for better readability and consistency.

Unfortunately, this will cause a problem with translations - as any changed string becomes untranslated. We sincerely apologize for that (both to you and the translation teams)! We will catch up with any that are still untranslated as quickly as we can.

Grab the Update HERE on Steam.

Well, that's it for now. Look forward to more from us soon!

Happy hunting!
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Release Notes - 3rd June (Competitions and QoL)

Post by HooCairs »

Nice trophies and lots of new comps! Puma, Polar Bear, every duck species separate...

Can you please remove the Mule Deer (Non-Typical) from the list?
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

that all sounds good ... good work folks

I think it would be very nice if the picture for the competition also shows the new trophies as a small preview. if this doesn't make too much trouble
drakle
Hunter

Post by drakle »

Nice job, guys! I usually don't participate in comps but it's still nice to see an update for them.

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

Those Trophies look awesome!
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Excellent! Great updates. Thanks EW. ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I've never really been super interested in the competitions, I've only ever earned a few trophies fromt them over the years. I think it would be fun to collect one of each of these species trophies though so I might just have to start taking a serious crack at them.
B14U2NV
Tracker

Post by B14U2NV »

Great update, love me some comps! Thanks EW!

BTW, incredible job on the new trophies. Any chance we could a trophy stand purchasable for the trophy lodge to display those beautiful trophies? Maybe it would work sort of like the gun cases in lodges now? Thanks again (wow, how many times can I say trophy in a single sentence) :lol:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

great update it is appreciated. thanks ! :D
Cutch
Master Competitor

Post by Cutch »

Great update, love the fun and challenge of the comps,...beautiful new trophies :!:

A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's:
She changes it more often.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”