Release Notes - 15th April 2021 (Daily Missions)

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
FullDiesel
Tracker

Re: Release Notes - 15th April 2021 (Daily Missions)

Post by FullDiesel »

Let's not forget the whole idea of Daily Missions, was actually to help players get some gm$ in a fairly easier manner than the regular missions. But this being a competitive game, I believe the developers turned it into a bit of a competition.

I don't think there was a malicious intent behind it. Think about it, if you put together the pieces it doesn't really adds up.

With all respect, FullDiesel.
Elmer Fudd is the ultimate hunter. He never catches the wabbit, but he never gives up ;)
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

FullDiesel wrote:Let's not forget the whole idea of Daily Missions, was actually to help players get some gm$ in a fairly easier manner than the regular missions. But this being a competitive game, I believe the developers turned it into a bit of a competition.

I don't think there was a malicious intent behind it. Think about it, if you put together the pieces it doesn't really adds up.

With all respect, FullDiesel.
Hey FD!! I hope you don't mind if I interject here. You're right, and I agree with you. I don't believe it was malicious. Quite the opposite. I believe they were simply looking to do their jobs, to grow the game, and I believe they have succeeded. Good job EW, and thank you for this!!

But they went overboard. By adding Achievements that count against our scores now, far ahead of when the weapons will even be available they have negatively impacted the game for older players. It wasn't necessary and it achieves nothing. It is counterproductive. And it does not add one iota of incentive. The new rewards are so fine that they are all the incentive anyone will ever need to play every day, especially new players. They didn't have to do this, so why did they?

In a previous post above, Avery asked me how many players even bother with Steam Achievements. That question reveals his mindset, and by extension the mindset of the team. He didn't even know what I was talking about. He thought I was talking about Steam Achievements. They don't consider the in-game Achievements an incentive at all (or Steam Achievements apparently.) They are unaware of their mistake. They have inadvertently negatively affected everyone to whom Achievements do matter, and, since it was EW who put the Achievement system into the game in the first place, they should honor their commitment.

It was an oversight, a gaff, and they can make it right with a simple, straight-forward gesture. They can remove the Achievements for the two Daily Missions weapons for the time being, and add them back when 8 months are up, and then again when 15 months are up, when the weapons are actually part of the game. It's not difficult and it's not too much to ask.

We old players love this game, and respect it, and have certainly given a lot to it over the years. We deserve better. They owe us this small measure of respect in return. Jimbo.
HPitte
Spotter

Post by HPitte »

I believe it's more fair to say that when the new Hunter Score system was first introduced just about everyone took much more interest(than they may have already had) in the In-Game Achievements system, which was obviously linked to the new Hunter Score changes. Who didn't want to show off their newly acquired Achievement Collector Badges and Achievement Master Header images and work to unlock their next ones? I sure did. But, as JimboCrow and others have stated, the bar kept being raised with each new weapon release which of course makes it even harder to unlock/acquire those things. The result is that slowly, over time, that keen interest has now deteriorated to the point where almost no one really cares about acquiring them anymore. So, it's not so much that a large number of players simply just don't care about In-Game Achievements and unlocking their next Achievement Collector Badges and Achievement Master Header images, but rather that now a large number of players have simply become demotivated in unlocking them over time due to the bar being constantly/endlessly raised above them.

What's most interesting is that EW said it themselves in the very first paragraph in the release notes of the new Hunter Score system, and that somehow things have now ended up reverting back to almost the exact same problem which EW was trying to fix/improve in the first place...

"After many years of service and having been applied to countless thousands of hours of the most realistic hunting experience, our once brilliant Hunter Score system has lost its appeal for many players. The reasons are numerous, the most brought up being the amount of weapon variations which we’ve added over years, each carrying its own achievements, further influencing the Hunter Score figures. Another one is that it has become somewhat of a never-ending and demotivating task to increase one’s Hunter Score, with the Achievements bars being set so high."

Basically, the core problem seems to have shifted away from: Hunter Score, to: Achievement Collector Badges and Achievement Master Header images. Either the root of the problem was solved inadequately or it just got lost or forgotten over time/staff changes. The result of this latest update goes above and beyond a normal new weapon release/additional achievement, though. As has been stated, these particular additional "bar raises" are chronologically pro-active to 240 days(8 months) from now for the .300 Bolt Action Rifle (Muddy Girl skin) and 464 days(15 months) from now for the .17 HMR Lever Action Rifle (Engraved edition). Ouch. :shock:
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

Here I read what JimboCrow wrote ... What kind of panic? Well, the concept of the game has changed - it happens. Olimp is not eternal :D . Get used to it. Waiting for a reaction HooCairs :lol:
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

Steam Achievements.... a saga....
They are worth F all but maybe a the next step to tradeable cards etc. Look at CS:GO for example, I have sold enough cases, weapons etc over the years to buy RDR 2 for freecckkken free. That keeps players coming back for sure. Now I am the wrong side of 50 (as my wife and children remind me everyday) but the game has to move with the times as has the platform it is offered on. At the end of the day NO-ONE in the newer EW etc set-up gives a fig leaf if I spend the gut's of a family holiday on theHunter 3 years ago. The older players have to move on from the "it used to be different" mindset, because the game has moved on, the player base has moved on, the company has moved on, the platform has moved on... anyone see a constant here. The core game has if you want it to be changed not one jot from when I started playing in August 2016, do I play as much as I used to, sadly no but it is a great game for a Sunday afternoon stroll and shot some ger....I mean animals.

P.S. I live in Germany :lol:
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

And a Limerick to round it off....

theHunter was moved onto Steam,
A good idea it would seem,
But to Achieve all you must,
The bar so high it will rust,
It caused an unreachable theme.

So all the old players repent,
The makers must pray please relent,
For we made the game,
That is now not the same,
For the sake of the cash that we spent.

But the makers stay true on their course,
For they feel no need for remorse,
Your money is banked,
No need to be thanked,
For the players who stayed the whole course.

Cheers

Schlachtwolf
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I'm not one who pays too much attention to Achievements and Hunter Score- so this entire issue doesn't really affect me as it might others. I do see both sides of the coin tho', and wanted to let you all know that, as a moderator I am watching this thread. I did see some heated up moments when EW announced the update. I am glad to come back now to see it not so hot anymore, but, rather smoldering. Please keep it heading in the civil manner that it seems to be going now- 'cause we all know how it'll end if it heats too much and water is needed to cool it down. ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

Well, if, for example, I can't or can't go online for at least 100 days a year. So I pay 20,000 em $ or 340,000 gm $ if I want to receive all the bonuses in the end.

The only question that remains is how much gm $ I still have in the end.

then the developers force me to go online every day and if it's just a matter of skipping that day with Resume Daily Missions Streak.

or can you use them offline after several days?
herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

muledeer wrote:Well, if, for example, I can't or can't go online for at least 100 days a year. So I pay 20,000 em $ or 340,000 gm $ if I want to receive all the bonuses in the end.

then the developers force me to go online every day and if it's just a matter of skipping that day with Resume Daily Missions Streak.

You can resume any time after missing one. The only condition is that you don't start new streak. So you can take couple months break from the game and then use your resume card and continue your streak.
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

herajika wrote:
muledeer wrote:Well, if, for example, I can't or can't go online for at least 100 days a year. So I pay 20,000 em $ or 340,000 gm $ if I want to receive all the bonuses in the end.

You can resume any time after missing one. The only condition is that you don't start new streak. So you can take couple months break from the game and then use your resume card and continue your streak.
yes, that's probably just the way it is, unfortunately, it just takes longer. if something has to take that long in a game ... so a project that is then spread over 2 years in the end is simply uninteresting.

but this sentence makes me a little nervous
We'll be back soon with more, so look forward to it.
;)

I'm not sure if I want more of the daily missions :oops:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”