Release Notes - 15th April 2021 (Daily Missions)

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
muledeer
Hunter

Re: Release Notes - 15th April 2021 (Daily Missions)

Post by muledeer »

the topic with weapons as special gifts became with the change to the f2p where you can buy everything.
I think as soon as maybe the first 500 players have reached that goal ... it's nothing special either.
in the end ... at some point everything ends up in the shop again.
i don't want to be a drag on fun ... and then i don't have to pay too much attention to doing the daily mission.
if I had known that the DM would get such an update then I would have used it much earlier.
all the trophies, archeviements are all hidden far in the back of the lancher ... would be much prouder if they could be seen right and left in the lancher
without a boost option for archievments or skills, it will be a never-ending story in the end.
it's also hard to make everyone happy ... let's see what the guys have come up with for us.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

herajika wrote:
BCKidd wrote:
fantamichele wrote: I have been waiting for many years to see the .308 shotgun engraved in the shop.
I hope these two new rifles will never go on sale either, it is much more difficult to get them and the people who will have them deserved them with effort and sweat and not just by introducing a friend.
EW could always do a special comp then, I suppose. I just think that there was a lot of work put into those rifles, and with them no longer being used in the DM Achievements, it would be shame not being able to gain them some how. The .308 engraved can be obtained by referring friends, so, why not either offer the Muddy Girl and the Engraved .17 through store purchase or a competition. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.
I think you misunderstood what Dmitri had said. Rifles are still rewards for consecutive DM, it's their corresponding achievements that would be removed. I think all this is definitely overblown. It's just two reskins of existing rifles. Yes, they are hard to get, but ... so what? Not everything should be easy. If obtaining them is too hard for someone, then easy solution would be to just ignore it. Again they are just reskins. It's like Royal reskins are too pricey for me, do I complain about it? No, it's f2p game, they make offers for different groups of audience and if something is too hard or pricey for me to get, then it just wasn't made for me. It's simple as that.
In that case, your are correct. I did misunderstand. I thought the rifles were being removed. That is all right then, that they can still be obtained via the DMs. It makes them that more special I suppose, for anyone who manages to get them. ;) Peace,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Dmitri
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Dmitri »

herajika wrote:
BCKidd wrote:
fantamichele wrote: I have been waiting for many years to see the .308 shotgun engraved in the shop.
I hope these two new rifles will never go on sale either, it is much more difficult to get them and the people who will have them deserved them with effort and sweat and not just by introducing a friend.
EW could always do a special comp then, I suppose. I just think that there was a lot of work put into those rifles, and with them no longer being used in the DM Achievements, it would be shame not being able to gain them some how. The .308 engraved can be obtained by referring friends, so, why not either offer the Muddy Girl and the Engraved .17 through store purchase or a competition. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.
I think you misunderstood what Dmitri had said. Rifles are still rewards for consecutive DM, it's their corresponding achievements that would be removed. I think all this is definitely overblown. It's just two reskins of existing rifles. Yes, they are hard to get, but ... so what? Not everything should be easy. If obtaining them is too hard for someone, then easy solution would be to just ignore it. Again they are just reskins. It's like Royal reskins are too pricey for me, do I complain about it? No, it's f2p game, they make offers for different groups of audience and if something is too hard or pricey for me to get, then it just wasn't made for me. It's simple as that.
that's absolutely correct, I was probably not clear enough.
- new weapons will still remain as the special reward for DM streak
- we will remove achievements for these weapons as these are too difficult to earn and it affects the overall Achievements' progress
- achievements for DMs themselves will stay
HPitte
Spotter

Post by HPitte »

Very cool, thank you Dmitri.
Охотник

Post by Охотник »

why after this update, instead of some names, there are such characters "" "commas ???
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

Охотник wrote:why after this update, instead of some names, there are such characters "" "commas ???
I confirm. I thought the language pack was changed - no, it hasn't changed.
Dmitri
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Dmitri »

fon_Belkrofft_DK wrote:
Охотник wrote:why after this update, instead of some names, there are such characters "" "commas ???
I confirm. I thought the language pack was changed - no, it hasn't changed.
we are aware of an issue and working on it with a high priority
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

I read the posts. Well, they will remove the achievements of the rifles that are for the DM. Why then are they? Hang on the wall in the trophy house and take a screenshot with the trophy a couple of times? Then I don't see any sense in them....it is easier then immediately on sale only for em$ - Price tag - 50,000 em$ and ok :D , and who does not want to pay - go through missions. Then I understand. With this decision, the DM fell in my eyes.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Putting the 'questiion mark" :?: logo on the Daily Missions tab on the Missions page, and linking it to the information page about the Daily Missions system, is simply wonderful. I would love to see that on other tabs as well, because it is just so handy. Please, more of this. Very nice.
CAMuleyMan
Tracker

Post by CAMuleyMan »

So...uh when does a 4wd DLC come out for the jeep? Thing reverses up hills better than it drives O.o
Yeah, I'm that guy that hunts mule deer :D

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”