Release Notes - 15th April 2021 (Daily Missions)

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
BCKidd

Re: Release Notes - 15th April 2021 (Daily Missions)

Post by BCKidd »

herajika wrote:
muledeer wrote:Well, if, for example, I can't or can't go online for at least 100 days a year. So I pay 20,000 em $ or 340,000 gm $ if I want to receive all the bonuses in the end.

The only question that remains is how much gm $ I still have in the end.

then the developers force me to go online every day and if it's just a matter of skipping that day with Resume Daily Missions Streak.

or can you use them offline after several days?
You can resume any time after missing one. The only condition is that you don't start new streak. So you can take couple months break from the game and then use your resume card and continue your streak.
The DMs are automatic- so for example you do miss a day or two or 30, if you happen to complete a daily mission before you use the Resume Card- it will start a new streak. So, there are a some issues that need to be looked at I think. 1) The DMs shouldn't be automatic, we should have to select them like the regular missions (this would prevent someone who missed a day having to start over)- other wise as I mentioned- you happen to inadvertently complete a DM that puts you at the beginning again and you haven't used you "Resume Streak"- card- guess what it is too late. 2) The Achievements should be separate as others have mentioned too. Those are the things that I think should be looked at by EW- and maybe reconsidered. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

BCKidd wrote:
herajika wrote:
muledeer wrote:Well, if, for example, I can't or can't go online for at least 100 days a year. So I pay 20,000 em $ or 340,000 gm $ if I want to receive all the bonuses in the end.

The only question that remains is how much gm $ I still have in the end.

then the developers force me to go online every day and if it's just a matter of skipping that day with Resume Daily Missions Streak.

or can you use them offline after several days?
You can resume any time after missing one. The only condition is that you don't start new streak. So you can take couple months break from the game and then use your resume card and continue your streak.
The DMs are automatic- so for example you do miss a day or two or 30, if you happen to complete a daily mission before you use the Resume Card- it will start a new streak. So, there are a some issues that need to be looked at I think. 1) The DMs shouldn't be automatic, we should have to select them like the regular missions (this would prevent someone who missed a day having to start over)- other wise as I mentioned- you happen to inadvertently complete a DM that puts you at the beginning again and you haven't used you "Resume Streak"- card- guess what it is too late. 2) The Achievements should be separate as others have mentioned too. Those are the things that I think should be looked at by EW- and maybe reconsidered. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.
Yes. I agree that DM probably should be selectable. It would definitely helped me with this big task to get this sweet engraved .17 as I was a little angry at loosing streak over stupid magpie poo, so I haven't used my resume card when I had a chance.. And when I cooled down it was already too late. As for achievements, I couldn't care less. A game already have so many achievements that I have very little chances to get them all. In fact, scratch that , there's absolutely no chance to get them all as some achievements are outright ridiculous. Like 40000 km travelled or 8760 hours in the game. I need to have PC working 365 days to get that second and there's absolutely no chances to get the first (unless they introduce horseback hunting in the game or something :lol: ) I don't know, but it seems to me that these achievements couldn't be such big of a problem, because people, who are firmly set on getting them all, already should spend so much time in the game that this 30 hard DM task wouldn't be a problem for them. And for people as me, who don't have such task it's mostly irrelevant if there are a few such achievements more.
Last edited by herajika on April 18th, 2021, 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

thank you all for this lively discussion. and after 3899 hours in the game I feel overwhelmed by all the archievements in the end.

I only wish the developers could find a way to revise the weapons skill. i'm not a hunter in real life but before you are allowed to hunt in Germany or have a weapon, it's a long way to get there.

In addition, you use the shooting range here to optimize your weapon slills and not use the live animal to train.

I would therefore appreciate it if we could also use a shooting range in the game, of which there are enough in the game to improve our weapon skills.

but that now ignores the topic here. have a nice evening / day
farjam
Spotter

Post by farjam »

Is it my post-covid confusion or the WRR has more trees now?
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

farjam wrote:Is it my post-covid confusion or the WRR has more trees now?
It's funny that you mention that, 'cause yesterday, there was a tree right at my entrance to one of my towers, and I couldn't use it. When I came back to said tower later on, the tree was gone. So, somethin' was weird. Glad you recouped from Covid- what a nasty thing that is. ;) Peace,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Dmitri
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Dmitri »

hey all!
the question raised by JimboCrow is quite reasonable - adding achievements for weapons that are so difficult (or impossible) to get is not fair. we will remove them in the nearest patch.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Great decision, thank you
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

thank you Dmitri
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Very kind of you Dmitri, I'm truly grateful. This says a lot about you and it's all good. Jimbo.
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

It’s strange. When they added a bunch of identical weapons, but with different skins, there was no such panic. Well, I don't understand what the problem is. I see that just to stay (as an example in the top ten), the players shoot indiscriminately both females and males. And those who started back in about 2012 had fewer problems with the purchase and choice of weapons for pumping. (sorry ... English is not a native language, please treat it with understanding)
P.S. The top player must prove his rank, and not sit on the achievements previously deserved

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”