Valentine's Hunting Days 2021 - Event

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Xtron
Scout

Re: Valentine's Hunting Days 2021 - Event

Post by Xtron »

Devs thanks for the missions!
I am normally a fan of the missions. But I have to put too much time into this that I don't have.
Shooting bow and also in the heart, very difficult.
I normally always play with my girlfriend, but this is also too difficult for her. We tried.
Then also problems with the tracking ... Sometimes there is just no more blood trail .. still the old bug ??
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

James909 wrote:Struggling to get a heart shot atm.So far shot 6 roe/red deer with cupid arrows all have been heart ,lung shot however when claiming the kill the heart has not been hit at all.Any ideas.
The roe deer were the hardest for me. I was only able to get heart shots when I was ground level, kneeling, and they were facing straight at me within 20m. Try calling them in while laying on a rock (easy to do on Hemmeldal, most rocks are climbable), orientating yourself so they'll come in straight at you then shooting between the legs. The heart seems to be in the correct position from that angle. I couldn't find it at all when I was shooting them from the sides or from above.

With all other species, my favorite strategy was to just climb up on a tree stand, call them in, let them get literally directly below me and shoot straight down through the spine. I botched a few shots but this has always been my favorite way to get heart shots in many species. Just doesn't seem to work for roes.
James909

Post by James909 »

Like yourself I started on the treestand shooting no joy.Stalked for a bit and shot them on there side Aka heart area,I will try the frontal attack.Cheers
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Mission finished, it was stimulating. Thank you
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

Is there any recommended spot to call in Roe deer, or are they best hunted by stalking?
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

jttoo wrote:Is there any recommended spot to call in Roe deer, or are they best hunted by stalking?
Video showing Roe Deer in all areas (Hemmeldal, Hirschfelden, Val-des-Bois). Still works today even after more species were added to these maps.

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Geekster

Post by Geekster »

Pucu-There is no mission list for me where you show it, instead it shows the leaderboard immediately below the list of competitions button.
Also right now there seems to be an internal error with steam as I can't make a purchase from the store after I ran out of e$ by purchasing new e$.
herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

Surprisingly I didn't have much trouble with the roe deer which I thought would be the hardest task. I did have bad luck with Sitka doe though where it was, I think, 8th doe that finally had the heart wound. Although almost all of them where from the same group so it wasn't too frustrating as I just waited for them to return to my stand.

Now, it's only whitetail buck left. So I have stupid question, what would be the best place for it? Despite the fact that I harvested more of them than any other animal, I don't have much luck meeting one in last couple days. There was ton of mule deer in Logger's point, but not a single whitetail buck for me.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Geekster wrote:Pucu-There is no mission list for me where you show it, instead it shows the leaderboard immediately below the list of competitions button.
Also right now there seems to be an internal error with steam as I can't make a purchase from the store after I ran out of e$ by purchasing new e$.
Click on Day 1 and the mission shows up.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

if you struggle to find roe deer you can just walk the river of vdb from one end to the other. nice and simple.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”