Valentine's Hunting Days 2021 - Event

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
B14U2NV
Tracker

Re: Valentine's Hunting Days 2021 - Event

Post by B14U2NV »

jttoo wrote:OMG, I finally finished the mission!!

This is my first time hunting Roe deer in Classic, and man, are the bucks a pain. They come rocketing in to calls like coyotes do, and won't stop until they are in spooking distance.

I put a treestand on VDB, on the island by the 'Devils grin', at 3419, -1413, if others are looking for a good spot for the Roe deer. This treestand spot is nice as it overlooks the river, and you'll be tempted to shoot all the red deer and red fox wandering the area.

Whew! I was obsessed with completing this mission, and thank god its done! Thanks for the help and pointers guys!

Oh, and Thanks Dev's, for this valentine's week event.
Good stuff jttoo, congrats on finishing! And yes, those Roe bucks are a pain, they run towards that call as fast as I run towards a meal. :lol: Cheers
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

The funny thing with the Roe bucks, is that I couldn't shoot them, as they were directly under my treestand....and I had no idea why is was that I couldn't shoot straight down at this treestand. I've since learned that it is because I was crouching. I was going crazy, as I had 2 bucks and 4 does under me, and I had to wait for them to disperse a bit before i could get a shot at any of them.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Don't call from your treestand. Hitting the heart is difficult when shooting straight down. Call them 20m away from the stand. The roe bucks come trotting right to your first call, no need for a second. When shooting the first buck that comes and you miss, just wait. There might be another buck trotting in. Hemmeldal south-west is very good for seeing many roe deer.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

they do come in often in groups. :D
natsuko
Hunter

Post by natsuko »

Happy to finished the mission and thank you for the deployable hunting tower and 3000gms
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I struggled with this mission, it was a fun tho'! One of the toughest- event missions for me, thanks EW. Those Cupid Arrows ain't your ordinary broad heads, that is for sure! Glad to have finished... :lol: ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I just checked the event leaderboard. 10.000 entries on the 200 pages that can be displayed. The last players all have 5 points. There might be another few thousand with 4, 3, 2, 1 point. Quite a turn-out! :P
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

yeah thats great numbers 8-)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Awesome to see that many playin' along in the Valentine comps. The mission was one of a kind, I'm happy tho' to finally put those Cupid Arrows back in the rack... ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Broke this boys heart to break the mission. Tough but fun. Great event guys. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”