Valentine's Hunting Days 2021 - Event

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Re: Valentine's Hunting Days 2021 - Event

Post by Grizdude »

BCKidd wrote:I struggled with this mission, it was a fun tho'! One of the toughest- event missions for me, thanks EW. Those Cupid Arrows ain't your ordinary broad heads, that is for sure! Glad to have finished... :lol: ;) Respect,

BCKidd.
Struggling is an understatement, my friend! ;) I've hit the sweet spot countless times that turned out to be a body shot at 20m. I've never had this kind of a problem with the standard arrows.... seems somethings been changed with these Cupid's arrows. I'm a diehard though.... still plenty of time to get my WT Buck and my Sitka Deer! Great turn out no doubt! Thanks, EW! :)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Grizdude wrote:
BCKidd wrote:I struggled with this mission, it was a fun tho'! One of the toughest- event missions for me, thanks EW. Those Cupid Arrows ain't your ordinary broad heads, that is for sure! Glad to have finished... :lol: ;) Respect,

BCKidd.
Struggling is an understatement, my friend! ;) I've hit the sweet spot countless times that turned out to be a body shot at 20m. I've never had this kind of a problem with the standard arrows.... seems somethings been changed with these Cupid's arrows. I'm a diehard though.... still plenty of time to get my WT Buck and my Sitka Deer! Great turn out no doubt! Thanks, EW! :)
Yeah, I thought the same thing. It was certainly difficult to hit the hearts of those required deer. I had my most trouble with the Roe Deer. I know their hearts are small, but, yeah, I messed up plenty of shots trying to hit it. The other critters weren't as difficult, but they weren't easy either. You'll get 'er done... Good luck to ya. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

BCKidd wrote:
Grizdude wrote:

BCKidd.
Yeah, I thought the same thing. It was certainly difficult to hit the hearts of those required deer. I had my most trouble with the Roe Deer. I know their hearts are small, but, yeah, I messed up plenty of shots trying to hit it. The other critters weren't as difficult, but they weren't easy either. You'll get 'er done... Good luck to ya. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.
Thanks, Kidd! ;)
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Finally finished the mission with the help of my good friend Ogruls, only had like 10 minutes to spare before the event ended.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

congrats on finishing, and WTG Ogruls
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

jttoo wrote:congrats on finishing, and WTG Ogruls
Thought sitka buck was his last, we did it with 26min left but mission did not complete...............someone had forgotten a WT doe was still required................ mad rush to loggers mid tower and both fired at same time at first doe that came along to double hit chances on heart.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

I managed to finish the mission with less than one minute to go! I needed only the Muley buck when I went to bed last night, but I couldn't get back to the computer until there was only half an hour to go. I found one buck on TGT after about 10 minutes walking & calling, but I got nothing but lungs, so I fast traveled to a tent further up the river and started again. I spotted a buck coming toward me that hadn't called back yet, so I moved closer and kept calling. I managed to call him in (him and all his brothers behind him) and got set up nicely, this time getting nothing but body!! Arrrgggghhhh!!!

So I followed one of the fleeing bucks and was very quietly creeping forward when I spotted him crossing about 50m in front of me. I immediately belly crawled to where he was headed and spotted him again about 30m away, standing dead still, facing directly away from me, with just 2 minutes to go. I hit the grunt caller once and crawled forward. He started to move straight away but then turned to his left, took one more step and stopped. He stood absolutely still, perfectly broadside at 20m. I put the 20m pin dead center of his left shoulder, waited to stop wavering, and released the button. I literally sprinted up to him hoping it was a good hit, knowing it was the very last minute! BOOYAHHH!!! Then I went back and tracked the body shot and bagged him as well. How sweet it is!!!!

That's the closest I have ever cut it, but I have to give a shout out to the LUCKIEST Golden Chanterelle ever, which I crawled across while I was sneaking up on him. Those little beauties are something special I've grown to love finding, because I always seem to have good luck after I do. Coincidence? Maybe. Amanitas? Nope. Boletes? Nope. Russulas? Not so much. But Chanterelles? O YEAH!!! Good Hunting to you friends, and I hope you find some lucky Chanterelles on your next hunt too!!! BOOYAHHHHH!!!!
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

Good one JC! I never pass up any shroomy rooms. They are tasty... and I feel like you do... a little lucky too. I managed to finish it also... very challenging and a lot of cuss words were being thrown around my man cave through the whole thing, but overall a blast!! Thanks again EW for another great festive event! :D :D
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Grizdude wrote:Good one JC! I never pass up any shroomy rooms. They are tasty... and I feel like you do... a little lucky too. I managed to finish it also... very challenging and a lot of cuss words were being thrown around my man cave through the whole thing, but overall a blast!! Thanks again EW for another great festive event! :D :D
Thanks Griz!! :) It was definitely a tougher event this year! Lots of fun, but like you said, plenty of colorful language!! :lol: :lol:
Conch
Scout

Post by Conch »

Another great event and by the looks of it well received. Nice to have big events to look forward to, although my only complaint is the grinder style we see so often never interests me because I don’t have the time to even come close. I remember a St. Patty’s day event from 2016 or 2017 that was a combined score of your first harvested animal in almost all species and all hunters were flighted in hunter score, this was a format I could get on board with! Still a commitment over 4 or 5 days but your results weren’t based on how many hours you played. Wish we could see this style come around more often, it was my favorite to date by a long shot. It is however nice to include a challenging mission with good rewards in these grinder style events for guys like me who don’t have the time to chase the leaderboard. Thanks again!
"If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it" - Fred Bear

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”