Release Notes - 9th February 2021 (Gift em$)

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Release Notes - 9th February 2021 (Gift em$)

Post by AveryW88 »

[bigimg]http://news.thehunter.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/2020_02_update_social.jpg[/bigimg]

Howdy hunters!
Today, along with an Update, we are glad to reintroduce a feature to theHunter Classic!
This is a system we are glad to bring back to you, the ability to gift em$ to other Hunters.

Here’s what you will find in this Update:

SOME MINOR CHANGES

✅ Minor fixes to a few missions and competitions (typos, incorrect ammo, etc.)
✅ Some items descriptions have been improved in the Store
✅ Minor tweaks to Puma AI

ABILITY TO GIFT EM$

We have now restored the ability to gift em$ to a friend or, for example, to send em$ prizes to other players when setting up your own competitions.

When buying em$ you can now check a “Purchase as a Gift” checkbox and get a gift code that you can send to another player for them to redeem.

HOW DOES IT WORK

Check out the links below for more details.

▶️ How to purchase a gift code

▶️ How to redeem a gift code

TRANSLATIONS

Last but not least, our translators have been very busy making sure theHunter Classic speaks your language, and we want to thank them for the awesome job they are doing!
On that note, we are still looking for translators for the following languages:

● French
● Danish
● Dutch

If you are interested in joining our localization team please write us an email at: [email protected]
LEFLOR
Scout

Re: Release Notes - 9th February 2021 (Gift em$)

Post by LEFLOR »

AveryW88 wrote: When buying em$
The problem is the same as when we Europeans buy from EM$, the amount of $ 4.99 is billed to us by steam at € 4.99 which is really $ 6.04 :twisted: at the current price(+20% !!!). This did not happen when you could do the transaction in the launcher on the internet.

Apart from this problem this addition for gifts is a very good improvement
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

great to hear its back will help many players.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Good move. Glad to see it done. Thanks.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Cutch
Master Competitor

Post by Cutch »

Great job,

A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's:
She changes it more often.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

:o Yippeee! Indeed it is awesome to see this update. Another great one for sure! Thanks EW/Ringtail Studios for allowing us to once more buy Gift Codes. 8-) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

i don't want to buy "gift em$", i want to put ems in my thehunter wallet to purchase item from theHunter store..it's very confusing to me...why didn't they leave things alone??
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

outrider wrote:i don't want to buy "gift em$", i want to put ems in my thehunter wallet to purchase item from theHunter store..it's very confusing to me...why didn't they leave things alone??
They are simply restoring a feature that was recently lost, they haven't changed anything about the way you purchase em$ for yourself.

If you want em$ for yourself, simply don't check the "buy gift em$" checkbox when you make your purchase. Even if you accidentally buy them as a gift you can simply redeem the code for yourself and still get the em$ that way. Nothing has changed in that regard.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

xOEDragonx wrote:
outrider wrote:i don't want to buy "gift em$", i want to put ems in my thehunter wallet to purchase item from theHunter store..it's very confusing to me...why didn't they leave things alone??
They are simply restoring a feature that was recently lost, they haven't changed anything about the way you purchase em$ for yourself.

If you want em$ for yourself, simply don't check the "buy gift em$" checkbox when you make your purchase. Even if you accidentally buy them as a gift you can simply redeem the code for yourself and still get the em$ that way. Nothing has changed in that regard.
it's been changed since the last i purchased em$ for store purchase...the last time i didn't have to go thru steam....the last time i purchased em$ was on June the 8th 2020. at that time i had to ask for help then and it has been chanced since then or i would not be asking...you know what they say about "entering uncharted waters" i'm leery... :( ... :D
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

outrider wrote:it's been changed since the last i purchased em$ for store purchase...the last time i didn't have to go thru steam....the last time i purchased em$ was on June the 8th 2020. at that time i had to ask for help then and it has been chanced since then or i would not be asking...you know what they say about "entering uncharted waters" i'm leery... :( ... :D
I assumed you were talking about the ability to gift em$ only since that is what this update included. You're referring to a change that was made a couple of months ago now that removed the gift option to begin with. I'm sure EW did not remove the ability to purchase em$ on their website because they wanted to, I assume they had to make sure ALL purchases in regards to their game went through Steam because that is how companies like Steam work. They profit when people buy em$ or other ingame currencies through Steam itself, not when players buy currencies through a game's website. So since this game is on Steam, they likely have a contract with Steam that doesn't let them sell em$ elsewhere anymore. Think of it like a movie theater/cinema. Most theaters don't allow you to bring your own food and drinks into the building with you because they want you to buy THEIR food and drinks. It might be cheaper and easier for you to get your own food and drinks and just bring them along but the theater doesn't like that because they lose profit if you bring your own. You can go see your movie anytime but if you want food and drink, you have to buy it through the theater only. Steam is the theater, theHunter is the movie, em$ are the food and drink. The producers of the movie (EW) have no influence on the rules of the theater (Steam). But if they want their movie (theHunter) to reach the biggest crowd possible then they want their movie to appear in the theater (on Steam) nonetheless. That means playing by the theater's (Steam's) rules and that includes no outside food and drinks (no outside em$).

That would be my guess anyway. I haven't had any difficulties purchasing em$ through Steam myself, although it does add a couple steps to the process. I'd be more than happy to walk you through it if you need help trying to figure out how to buy em$ now that Steam is involved.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”