Release Notes - 20th January 2021 (Puma)

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
calamar2000
Hunter

Re: Release Notes - 20th January 2021 (Puma)

Post by calamar2000 »

Cool !
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
Cutch
Master Competitor

Post by Cutch »

Puca,
You Devs are always on the ball,

For the quick fix :!:
A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's:
She changes it more often.
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

JimboCrow wrote:First and foremost, Thank you very much EW!! Every new animal is positive, but this is special for me. I hiked and hunted the Rocky Mountains for 40+ years and only actually ever saw one these ghosts on a couple of rare occasions. A real treat!!! Once again, thank you so much!! :D

Secondly, I don't remember exactly the mapped distribution of elk carcasses on TGT, or know how it overlaps with the mountain lion's distribution, but I believe we would all like to see the occasional cat at an elk carcass!!! ;) (Same goes for grizzly, but nevertheless...) it would add realism and make for a very nice surprise, especially during the low light hours of early morning and late evening!! Please consider: making elk carcasses attractive to cougars (and grizzlies) AND LESS numerous overall. Thank you again!! Much appreciated!! :)
I whole heartily agree with JC on this! I think we'd all like to see an occasional Puma or Griz at an Elk carcass now and then. Very good suggestion! 8-)
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

Cat was missing for sure. I will check when ill find the time :)

So fingers crossed to see at least horse..
(hunting game with this 'transport' could be improved a lot.. Additional gun slot could solve a lot of problems..)
Cutch
Master Competitor

Post by Cutch »

JimboCrow wrote:
First and foremost, Thank you very much EW!! Every new animal is positive, but this is special for me. I hiked and hunted the Rocky Mountains for 40+ years and only actually ever saw one these ghosts on a couple of rare occasions. A real treat!!! Once again, thank you so much!! :D

Secondly, I don't remember exactly the mapped distribution of elk carcasses on TGT, or know how it overlaps with the mountain lion's distribution, but I believe we would all like to see the occasional cat at an elk carcass!!! ;) it would add realism and make for a very nice surprise, especially during the low light hours of early morning and late evening!! Please consider: making elk carcasses attractive to cougars (and grizzlies) AND LESS numerous overall. Thank you again!! Much appreciated!! :)
What JimboCrow said,it absolutely true, west of the Rocky Mountains,....in the state of Oregon, USA.
The southern part of TGT, on both sides of the river are elk carcasses. In real life, the pumas would sneak in and
feast on the carcass that wolves kill. I too, would like to see this happen.

A thought from me. In the upper nw part of theTGT seems to be where the majority of the Pumas roam. Big Horn Sheep are
just one of the animals the Pumas prey on. I would love to see a Puma chase down one of these sheep, kill it, then
start feeding on the carcass.

This happened on one of Atari's hunting game I played many years ago, so it can be done. In this map, a grizzly simply chased
a sheep, and when it caught the sheep, the sheep fell down. (there were no animations of the actual killing)
I hope this can be done somewhere in the future, our would be more realistic and fun.
A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's:
She changes it more often.
Conch
Scout

Post by Conch »

A suggestion I just thought of that would be suiting - sheep kills. Mountain lions prey on bighorn sheep in the nastiest of terrain so this would fit in nicely. Would also give hunters a bit on an edge while trying to find them in the tough high country of TGT.

Just ready your reply Cutch, great minds think alike ;)
"If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it" - Fred Bear

ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

Leave the sheep alone, wolf chasing elk mechanic is a pain to do the same to Bighorn would be the same and for what? Does it add to game play no.
Conch
Scout

Post by Conch »

ogruls wrote:Leave the sheep alone, wolf chasing elk mechanic is a pain to do the same to Bighorn would be the same and for what? Does it add to game play no.
Does it add to gameplay you ask? Yes it does. The wolves chasing the elk and feeding on carcasses adds to gameplay 100% because it adds realism to the game.
"If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it" - Fred Bear

ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

Conch wrote:
ogruls wrote:Leave the sheep alone, wolf chasing elk mechanic is a pain to do the same to Bighorn would be the same and for what? Does it add to game play no.
Does it add to gameplay you ask? Yes it does. The wolves chasing the elk and feeding on carcasses adds to gameplay 100% because it adds realism to the game.
No they don't, you would be lucky to see a wolf hunt in real life but in game when hunting Elk see about 10 or 12 wolf chases a hunt so no realism there. Secondly mountain lions mainly hunt from dusk till dawn a time out with the games parameters so again no realism there.
Conch
Scout

Post by Conch »

ogruls wrote:
Conch wrote:
No they don't, you would be lucky to see a wolf hunt in real life but in game when hunting Elk see about 10 or 12 wolf chases a hunt so no realism there. Secondly mountain lions mainly hunt from dusk till dawn a time out with the games parameters so again no realism there.
Well IRL calling an animal doesn't result in 15 of them standing under your tree stand either, it is still a game in which the people playing want to be successful at so they will keep playing. If they made it the same as RL then we would all be lucky to shoot an animal or two a year.

If you don't agree with us that's fine but that doesn't however make you right and us wrong. I avidly hunt all species we are discussing IRL so I am well aware of their behaviors.
Last edited by Conch on January 22nd, 2021, 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”