Release Notes - 3rd December 2020 (Daily Missions)

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Pucu
EW Staff
EW Staff

Release Notes - 3rd December 2020 (Daily Missions)

Post by Pucu »

Howdy hunters!
Today we are glad to introduce a brand new feature to theHunter Classic: Daily Missions!
This is a completely new mission system that we hope will provide you with extra entertainment, as well as give you one more way to earn gm$.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

✅ In the Launcher (or Website) you can now find a new section under Missions called Daily Missions (DM from now on).
✅ Each day every player receives a new DM to complete. Different players will receive different DMs.
✅ By completing a DM every day increases your DM streak by 1.
✅ Skipping or failing to complete a Daily Mission will break your DM streak and will bring you back to day one.
✅ DMs come in three difficulty levels: Easy, Medium, and Hard.

✅ Each difficulty level has different base rewards: 100 gm$ for Easy, 500 gm$ for Medium, and 1000 gm$ for Hard respectively.
✅ Your first DM will be an Easy one, then DMs of different difficulty levels will alternate according to a pattern that we call a "cycle". A cycle looks like this: E-E-E-M-E-E-E-M-E-E-E-M-E-E-E-H (where E stands for Easy, M for Medium, and H for Hard). As you can see a cycle lasts for 16 days, provided of course that you keep completing the DMs that are assigned to you.

Example of cycle

✅ Once the first cycle is completed, a new cycle begins with gm$ rewards increased by 10% (Easy = 110 gm$, Medium = 550 gm$, Hard =1100 gm$).
✅ With every subsequent cycle, rewards increase by an extra 10% up to a maximum of double the amount of the original rewards (a 100% increase). So for example, if you manage to complete 10 cycles in a row without breaking your streak you will then receive a x2 reward for each mission which will continue until you break your streak.

IMPORTANT NOTES

✅ As they're meant to be completed in one day, DMs are supposed to be overall quite simple and will not require specific weapons or equipment.
✅ Unlike regular missions, for a harvest to be valid in DMs, you will have to kill the animal yourself. Friends can still help you find the required animal in a Multiplayer session though.
✅ The Daily Missions system does not replace the existing Missions system (which has been now renamed: "Regular Missions").

STORE ITEMS

With the introduction of Daily Missions, a new service is available in the Store under "Services":
Resume Daily Missions Streak - allows you to resume a DM's streak. For example, if you have a long streak of completed DMs and then missed or failed a DM, you can use this service to resume your streak and continue from your last completed DM.
The good thing is, it doesn't matter how much time has passed since you broke your streak, you will always be able to resume it - even if you broke it, say, a year before.
This service can be purchased in advance and activated when needed. There is no limit to how many of these cards you can purchase or own.
Pucu | Game Designer
HogSqueak
Tracker

Re: Release Notes - 3rd December 2020 (Daily Missions)

Post by HogSqueak »

Yes! Awesome addition i like it. I love this sort of random missions. Thanks for the good work and keep it up.
Superphideur

Post by Superphideur »

Amazing ! Sure looks great and fun ! Thanks for all the work you keep for this game !
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Post by Mrmr123 »

hmm what happen if i fail the first daily mission which for me is "ID tracks from a male Rusa Deer" since i cant play on that map, will the mission change the next day to something else? or am i stuck with this mission as my first mission?
drakle
Hunter

Post by drakle »

Interesting idea, I'm all for it!

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™
Dubitabilus
Hunter

Post by Dubitabilus »

Awesome feature!
Gives every member an incentive to comeback each and everyday, as well as toss in some variety into the mix.

I can also see the demand for new Character avatars 8-)
Semper vigilans, Numquam dubitabilis - "Always Vigilant, Never Doubtful"
https://www.boone-crockett.org/minimum- ... n-big-game
Spoiler:

Dmitri
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Dmitri »

Mrmr123 wrote:hmm what happen if i fail the first daily mission which for me is "ID tracks from a male Rusa Deer" since i cant play on that map, will the mission change the next day to something else? or am i stuck with this mission as my first mission?
there will be another mission tomorrow
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Post by Mrmr123 »

Dmitri wrote:
Mrmr123 wrote:hmm what happen if i fail the first daily mission which for me is "ID tracks from a male Rusa Deer" since i cant play on that map, will the mission change the next day to something else? or am i stuck with this mission as my first mission?
there will be another mission tomorrow
Cool, thanks :)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

This is flabasturous! Thanks! :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

thanks for great new additions to theHunter Classic.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”