Release Notes - 3rd December 2020 (Daily Missions)

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
chris22lr

Re: Release Notes - 3rd December 2020 (Daily Missions)

Post by chris22lr »

Great idea, and even better GUI implementation, I love how Daily Missions page looks!

However, can it be made so that Missions page will open Regular Missions tab by default? When I'm in game, and alt-tabbing to launcher to check current mission, or activate new one, clicking on Missions tab always greets me with Daily Mission - in most cases it's already complete.
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

Mrmr123 wrote:
Vanatorul_Roman wrote:
Mrmr123 wrote:hmm what happen if i fail the first daily mission which for me is "ID tracks from a male Rusa Deer" since i cant play on that map, will the mission change the next day to something else? or am i stuck with this mission as my first mission?

You can't play on that map? What do you mean ? Everyone can play on that map or you meant you don't have weapons for animals present there ?
This may come as surprise to you but not everyone playing this game have good PC, like me i am playing on very old laptop with low settings, so i am limited to some maps where i can get decent 30-40 FPS, other maps cant be played as i only get 5-10 FPS on them like the rusa deer map and other heavy maps. :?

Oh , I see. I am sorry you can't play with decent FPS. Never crossed to my mind that in 2020 this would be a problem anymore for anyone. My advice is to make an effort and invest in a new pc soon, you don't know what you are losing.
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Excellent addition.
Carl.HL

Post by Carl.HL »

The idea and the initiative were cool, but I think they exaggerated the choice of cycle time.
Really? 16 days to earn a maximum amount of just 7400 Gm$? This if it doesn't fail in any day after 10 cycles, that is, after 160 days (almost 6 months) without making a single mistake !!
Too exaggerated to compel the player to have so much effort, which is impossible for those who have work and have a normal life, it is not worth it.

Honestly? I prefer to continue with my old missions. I earn this amount in a short time and considering the price of the items in gm$ I advise players who are updating their accounts to do the same, and don't waste time with these tedious and abusively long cycles. Unless they change that.

To the support and developers of The Hunter Classic, I suggest the following changes to the system so that it becomes something really valid and fair for the player:

First, of all, remove this reset of cycles, this is biggest ******* with the players who cannot be present in the game every day, this is impossible to be fulfilled for hardworking players, that I believe are the majority, since this game has a greater attention of adult players. If you are a student who also works, the situation gets even worse!!

Second, increasing the number of daily missions, allowing the player to complete the cycle in less time according to their commitment to the game, removing the restriction of only 1 mission per day and making it possible to do up to 4 missions per day. This would make it possible for the player to complete the cycle in 4 days instead of 16 days, so if the player works hard and completes the 4 daily missions he can reach the maximum prize in just 40 days, which is already much better than 160 days.

Note: If developers and support prefer to keep the system as it is, at least turn the prizes into (100Em$, 500Em$ and 1000Em$) then it would be worth the effort within the time currently suggested. But still remove the reset from the cycle as this is the biggest ******* that they invented in this system.

No stress to the player!

In my opinion, these exaggerations will only make it frustrating for the player to do these missions. Too much demand for little reward.
Dubitabilus
Hunter

Post by Dubitabilus »

**Edit: Added the 11th cycle (176 days) calculations to show 200% rewards**
**Edit: Properly adjusted the calculations based on 3700 gm$ the first 16-days, NOT 3400. Thanks for the assist Hoo!**

Just a few numbers to help put this new system into perspective.

tl;dr:
In the grand scheme of things, hunters will still earn more dedicating time into hunting each day instead of worrying about maintaining the daily bonus.
Just have fun and enjoy the perk of a few extra points for logging in.
Also, these missions help direct how to start hunts in case someone is feeling indecisive.

Total GM yielded from 176 days straight: 61,050gm$
61,050gm$ / 176 days = 346.875gm$/day

===

Total gm$ generated per individual 16-day cycle (+10% of base rewards each cycle = 370 gm$)
  1. 3700gm$ : Days 1 - 16
  2. 4070 : 17 - 32
  3. 4440 : 33 - 48
  4. 4810 : 49 - 64
  5. 5180 : 65 - 80
  6. 5550 : 81 - 96
  7. 5920 : 97 - 112
  8. 6290 : 113 - 128
  9. 6660 : 129 - 144
  10. 7030 : 145 - 160
  11. 7400 : 161 - 176
===

gm$ per day (total cumulative gm$ measured against each complete cycle)
  • 3700 / 16 days = 231.25gm$/day
  • 7770 / 32 = 242.8125
  • 12210 / 48 = 254.375
  • 17020 / 64 = 265.9375
  • 22200 / 80 = 277.5
  • 27750 / 96 = 289.0625
  • 33670 / 112 = 300.625
  • 39960 / 128 = 312.1875
  • 46620 / 144 = 323.75
  • 53650 / 160 = 335.3125
  • 61050 / 176 = 346.875 gm$/day
Last edited by Dubitabilus on December 4th, 2020, 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Semper vigilans, Numquam dubitabilis - "Always Vigilant, Never Doubtful"
https://www.boone-crockett.org/minimum- ... n-big-game
Spoiler:

AlkanArpat

Post by AlkanArpat »

It will give the game a good dynamism for sure. It is also great to hear you guys are actually improving the game.
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

Pucu wrote:
vsaet wrote:But when I was in the store I saw also the unlimited ammo for 5000 EM$ and some other things and I am thinking in particular to all those players,before the new model, asking for a totaly free game and now they have to pay more and more for all for things that was free for members before. Nice play from EW!
Free-to-play doesn't mean a "totally free game". I am sure you realize that there is a team of people working full-time so that new features, animals, items and weapons can be added to the game on a regular basis. Unfortunately, these people stubbornly refuse to receive their salaries paid in gm$ at the end of the month ;-)

Also unlimited ammo were not free for members, members had to pay for a membership to have them. And no, you don't "have to pay more and more", unlimited ammo and fuel passes are convenience services that are totally optional.
Thanks for the answer. It was my opinion in the old model when all players asked for free to play. For me "If you wand to play you have to pay" because the company is not a social organization. is what i Say 11 years now from December 2009 ;)

PS Something interesting! The price of unlimited ammo today is exactly the same as the membership in the old Hunter! :lol:
Last edited by vsaet on December 4th, 2020, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Mrmr123 wrote:
Vanatorul_Roman wrote:
Mrmr123 wrote:hmm what happen if i fail the first daily mission which for me is "ID tracks from a male Rusa Deer" since i cant play on that map, will the mission change the next day to something else? or am i stuck with this mission as my first mission?

You can't play on that map? What do you mean ? Everyone can play on that map or you meant you don't have weapons for animals present there ?
This may come as surprise to you but not everyone playing this game have good PC, like me i am playing on very old laptop with low settings, so i am limited to some maps where i can get decent 30-40 FPS, other maps cant be played as i only get 5-10 FPS on them like the rusa deer map and other heavy maps. :?
Timbergold Trails and Piccabean Bay don't have a low resolution map. Even if you set scene complexity to low, it will be medium.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

I didn't know they were set for medium at least, but now I seem to remember someone saying something about it in a news page long time ago. Thanks for reminding me Hoo.

By the way, the daily missions page is down again. I tried to get the third done but it won't load the page to select it. The same for you guys ?
HonzoChu
Tracker

Post by HonzoChu »

I guess there was a problem with the Daily Missions (DM) loading correctly (The mission page would not load and would only show the "Loading" circle icon) right at the change (turn over) time. For me that is 7PM eastern time (UTC -5). It's 7:27 right now for me and the DM's are not showing again tonight (4 Dec, 2020). This happens on both the website and the steam versions.

Is anyone looking into this bug/programming problem?

Does anyone know how long it took for the DM's to show up last night?

Thanks ;-)
Honz

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”