Release Notes - 3rd December 2020 (Daily Missions)

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Dubitabilus
Hunter

Re: Release Notes - 3rd December 2020 (Daily Missions)

Post by Dubitabilus »

Lucky! I got stuck with Harvest a Male and Female Eurasian Lynx for my hard mission :x :lol:
At least the holiday event has gotten me familiar with Hemmeldal 8-)
Semper vigilans, Numquam dubitabilis - "Always Vigilant, Never Doubtful"
https://www.boone-crockett.org/minimum- ... n-big-game
Spoiler:

vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

Dubitabilus wrote:Lucky! I got stuck with Harvest a Male and Female Eurasian Lynx for my hard mission :x :lol:
At least the holiday event has gotten me familiar with Hemmeldal 8-)
Hopefully I has only one Lynx in my hard missions. It's a really challenge to harvest Lynxes :( .
Smokin1
Hunter

Post by Smokin1 »

Question/concern? I am on day 10 of my daily missions. My mission of the day was to " ID Tracks from a male Sambar Deer." However, for someone like me, who doesn't have a tracking level high enough to identify male or female, how I am to complete the daily mission and kept my streak? Spotting a male is different from ID tracks. So, to me, this mission seems to be a little unfair. Now, because I have failed that daily mission, I have to go back to day 1. I do enjoy doing the Daily missions, and will continue to do them. Just thought it seemed a little unfair for a newbie like me. Thanks for letting me vent.

Smokin1 :twisted:
( after my failed adventure on Piccabeen Bay, I'll be smokin2 )
Spoiler:
Keep Smilin' :P It keeps people scared.. They always wonder what you've been up to. :twisted:
Dubitabilus
Hunter

Post by Dubitabilus »

Smokin1 wrote:Question/concern? I am on day 10 of my daily missions. My mission of the day was to " ID Tracks from a male Sambar Deer." However, for someone like me, who doesn't have a tracking level high enough to identify male or female, how I am to complete the daily mission and kept my streak? Spotting a male is different from ID tracks. So, to me, this mission seems to be a little unfair. Now, because I have failed that daily mission, I have to go back to day 1. I do enjoy doing the Daily missions, and will continue to do them. Just thought it seemed a little unfair for a newbie like me. Thanks for letting me vent.

It's unfortunate that you didn't get to complete your mission.
Your tracking level does not need to be high enough to distinguish male from female tracks to complete the missions.
You just have to blindly check all the tracks and hope it's a (fe)male track/call/clue/etc.

That's what I've had to do with all the species from Whiterime Ridge, and I've had about 4-5 missions taking me to that reserve.
It's a bit more work, but you can still complete missions without having any tracking skills.
Semper vigilans, Numquam dubitabilis - "Always Vigilant, Never Doubtful"
https://www.boone-crockett.org/minimum- ... n-big-game
Spoiler:

Smokin1
Hunter

Post by Smokin1 »

Thanks for the info. And I spent what seemed like hours grabbing all the tracks that I could. Piccabeen Bay is a hard reserve to have adventures on. Oh well, back to the beginning..

Smokin1
Spoiler:
Keep Smilin' :P It keeps people scared.. They always wonder what you've been up to. :twisted:
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Smokin1 wrote:Thanks for the info. And I spent what seemed like hours grabbing all the tracks that I could. Piccabeen Bay is a hard reserve to have adventures on. Oh well, back to the beginning..
Smokin1
I think the DMs are a great way for noobs like you and my hubby to get more involved in the game and check out more places and things to see. ;) He's even found places on the maps I hadn't seen yet because of that! :o
When I first started the game, there were only one (or two?) maps available to play for free. I do prefer the maps where I can pick things off from distances... Piccabeen is certainly not my favorite ;)
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

Dubitabilus wrote:
Smokin1 wrote:Question/concern? I am on day 10 of my daily missions. My mission of the day was to " ID Tracks from a male Sambar Deer." However, for someone like me, who doesn't have a tracking level high enough to identify male or female, how I am to complete the daily mission and kept my streak? Spotting a male is different from ID tracks. So, to me, this mission seems to be a little unfair. Now, because I have failed that daily mission, I have to go back to day 1. I do enjoy doing the Daily missions, and will continue to do them. Just thought it seemed a little unfair for a newbie like me. Thanks for letting me vent.

It's unfortunate that you didn't get to complete your mission.
Your tracking level does not need to be high enough to distinguish male from female tracks to complete the missions.
You just have to blindly check all the tracks and hope it's a (fe)male track/call/clue/etc.

That's what I've had to do with all the species from Whiterime Ridge, and I've had about 4-5 missions taking me to that reserve.
It's a bit more work, but you can still complete missions without having any tracking skills.
It's a little late from the date of the post but I saw it only today and I think the way I will give you make like it.
When you have an animal to track but difficulty to find the tracks you only have to kill the animal but do not registered. Then you go before the place you harvested and ID the tracks. Then you can register the animal.Simply and it works !!! ;)
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

Hey Classic Dev team, NICE JOB on the Daily Missions.

I have been enjoying them so far and have been forced to get out and explore areas I would not have done otherwise.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”