AMA with Dmitri - theHunter Classic's Producer

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Dmitri
EW Staff
EW Staff

AMA with Dmitri - theHunter Classic's Producer

Post by Dmitri »

Howdy hunters!

This is Dmitri (a.k.a. Deeem0n ;) ), theHunter Classic's producer, and I am excited to announce my first AMA (Ask Me Anything) session. What does that mean? It means you can post any questions you might have about theHunter Classic in the comments below and I will do my best to answer them.

Please note that this AMA is not going to be in real-time. You'll be able to post questions until the 22nd of November 2020 and at the end of this period, I'll compile a list of the most frequent and interesting questions and answer them. My answers will be published on theHunter Classic's news blog where everybody will be able to see them.

So what are you waiting for, Ask Me Anything about theHunter Classic!
HogSqueak
Tracker

Re: AMA with Dmitri - theHunter Classic's Producer

Post by HogSqueak »

Can we ask more questions or just one?
Dmitri
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Dmitri »

HogSqueak wrote:Can we ask more questions or just one?
there is no limit to just one question :)
Rugged_Randy
Tracker

Post by Rugged_Randy »

I've got a question,
Is .308 ammo going to get power boost so that it's perfomance would be in same level as comparable ammo has (like 6.5x55 for example)?
HogSqueak
Tracker

Post by HogSqueak »

Deeem0n wrote:
HogSqueak wrote:Can we ask more questions or just one?
there is no limit to just one question :)
Okay thank you. Here are the questions:
1. Also about the .308 will it get a buff or can we expect 2 different versions of it? One with rifle load and other for handgun.
2. Are there any more .243 .270 and .300 rifles in plan? Currently all of these have only 1 round and i think players would love to see them with a magazine.
3. We have only one 10 gauge shotgun atm. Can we expect more?
4. We also have only 1 drilling. Will they get some love too?
5. I love recurves but my aim isnt always the best with it. Will we see some recurves with a sight?
6. The .44 is also kinda weak. I understand that its a handgun but i think its not powerful. Im no expert on guns but i believe that it should penetrate all animals that are allowed for it up to 75m effectively? Because getting it to penetrate say a bear is hard especially over 50-60m. Now i might be wrong with the distance because i rarely use it. Someone correct me if im wrong.
7. The 9.3x62 and 8x57 are also somewhat weak i think beacuse they were made for the old render distance. I remember doing a brown bear mission which is to take it down over 180 meters with the 9.3x62 Anschutz. Above 150m i couldnt penetrate and hit even one lung. I know from practice that the 8x57 has similar issue, 200m and up where ever u shoot a deer it will register as body shot with no penetration or vital organs hit. Also having trouble over 150m(around 180m) penetrating bear and hitting vital organs. Will they be reworked?
8. 7mm08 has a bipod. Will there be bipods for other rifles too? Optional and buyable.
9. Are silencers considered to ever be in game?
10. Will there be more classic rifles? Like M1 Garand, Gewehr 43 etc.
11. Will we ever see more semi auto rifles? But the bigger calibers like .308 or so.
12. Will there be any bolt action/semi-auto .17 HMR rifle and/or bolt action .22LR?
13. What weapons and/or animals are in plan next?
14. Is there a possibility for the .22 WMR to be added as a counterpart to the .17 HMR HV?
Thanks for your time and looking forward to the answers. :)
Last edited by HogSqueak on November 12th, 2020, 9:27 am, edited 5 times in total.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Can you discuss the new teams makeup/structure? Don't need specific names for those that don't want them shared, but a loose org chart & general job descriptions.
How big is the team, and what responsibilities are covered?

Can you discuss the new teams philosophy? I've noticed this team focusing a bit more on bugs than the previous team. And a few new items. I find that refreshing.
I assume we can expect some more new things, but can we also expect fixes, and enhancements to existing items & systems?
Does the overall philosophy lean toward more realism, or less realism / more 'gamey'?
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

I have only one question:
Will it be possible to see The Hunter Classic with a new graphics engine?
Dubitabilus
Hunter

Post by Dubitabilus »

• Will the store introduce a "shopping cart" interfacing module to allow batch purchasing?
  • How have the responsibilities of theHunter: Classic been split between EW/Avalanche & Ringtail? Are they potentially going to oversee operation of tHC in the future?
  • How has the transition to the "free-mium" business model affected EW/Avalanche? Are numbers better/worse/same?
  • Are there plans to introducing other licensed brand names or expanding currently licensed product lines (e.g. Nosler ammunition, Blaser firearms, Aimpoint optics, etc.)?
Semper vigilans, Numquam dubitabilis - "Always Vigilant, Never Doubtful"
https://www.boone-crockett.org/minimum- ... n-big-game
Spoiler:

ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

Any plans to improve the User Interface, simple things like listing missions packs in the overview alphabetically by species or subheading them animals/ weapons/travel sort of thing? Or when you complete a mission in game the option to accept the next mission in the pack is given in game?

p.s. Great work being done on the existing bugs much appreciated, many thanks.
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Post by Mrmr123 »

Game Questions:

1) Is it possible to increase the limit of treestands and tents per reserve? I try to keep my competitions setup separate from Multiplayer setup and the fact that double tree-stand share the same limit of normal ones is a problem for me, plus i think the maps are big enough to have a general limit increase for these items.

2) Is it possible to change the camo effect of the Deployable Hunting Tower and make it as good as normal hunting towers in game? I find them to be weak and a coyote can spot you in them from faraway.

3) Is it possible to change the windows in these Deployable Hunting Tower like make them bigger or something, you simply cant aim down in these windows, not enough space i guess and the aim keep jumping up and down when u try it.

4) Is it possible to add new things to improve the immersion and the hunter interaction with animals? like for example for a hunter to be able to make a sound to stop an animal on it tracks when he show nice broadside from the treesstand? new animations for when an animal notice you, new behaviors? new death animations?

5) Any plans to rework dogs in game? from how fast you can increase their level to how they interact with animals in game? currently they cause animals to spook even if the dog is 200 meter away from you.

6) Can you add Double EXP earning to everything and attach it the Ammo Membership to make them more appealing specially for new guys? and Can we have double exp earning events? like once a month over a weekend or something?

7) The weather system, any plans to rework it? Some maps have too much rain and storms.

8) In game settings sound level sliders for different background sound and noises? insects, birds, winds, rain and gun sound level?

Personal Questions:

1) Whats your most favorite thing about this game? is it bugs solving :lol: ?

2) Whats your most favorite animal to hunt in this game?

3) Are you a hunter in real life? if you are, whats your trusted weapon of choice?

4) Do you have nightmares about the hunter complex coding :lol: And do you think a complete rework for the code from scratch could make a better game?

5) Whats your best bug solving story? Any behind the scenes on this time consuming task?

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”