AMA with Dmitri - theHunter Classic's Producer

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Fournoses

Re: AMA with Dmitri - theHunter Classic's Producer

Post by Fournoses »

Hi! Can i ask something about this season in particular? if it possible, i would like to ask you if this season is going to end shortly or, rather, in several months, after the introduction of another new animal?
Another question (if it is possible to answer): i really love this game and i spend a lot of time watching my taxidermized animals in my lodges, animals that i've harvested with a lot of effort and time. Therefore, sometimes i wonder: would this game will continue to exist, in the next years? Do EW and the devs have plans for this game in the long period?

thank you,
Fournoses
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Deeem0n wrote:please note that questions like "when %put_any_anymal_here% will be added?" or "when %put_any_bug_here% will finally be fixed?" will unlikely be answered during this AMA session.
Well, quite honestly, when I saw your post, I thought you just opened a huge can of worms. I would have stated that people should not ask about bugs or the roadmap. Now you have some work ahead to plow through all of this. Just noticed you have this on Steam too... :D
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Dmitri
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Dmitri »

HooCairs wrote:
Deeem0n wrote:please note that questions like "when %put_any_anymal_here% will be added?" or "when %put_any_bug_here% will finally be fixed?" will unlikely be answered during this AMA session.
Well, quite honestly, when I saw your post, I thought you just opened a huge can of worms. I would have stated that people should not ask about bugs or the roadmap. Now you have some work ahead to plow through all of this. Just noticed you have this on Steam too... :D
yes and no. all these bugs and suggestions are helpful anyway.
QA team will review the mentioned bugs and add the missing ones to the bugbase.
me and Pucu will review all suggestions and add the interesting ones into our list for the future. for example, I really love Brian's idea about community competitions.
obviously, my answers about bugs, planned animals and suggestions will be very generic. but in any case this is a win-win situation - community said their needs, we don't need to think on the new ideas for the next few years as we already have a list :)
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

Mentioned squirrel, because long time ago someone said.. It's hard to implement such animal, because need re-do trees/models.. Add interactivity and so on..
But with Ringtail Studios introduction who plan to add new features, i think it should be possible.. Re-skinning old animal is not so good improvements..
If no squirrel, means no birds who can land on trees.. No caves for foxes.. and so on.. If they really plan to develop game, what they plan improve? Roadmap could really help.
wt_hunting
Scout

Post by wt_hunting »

These are my questions:

1. Why are former employees of EW listed at the bottom of this forum, under The Team? Some have been gone for years.
2. Will we ever have ALL Albino animal models that are completely white? Many are pinkish, which I assume is an underlay for the pink eyes and hooves. It seems to bleed through.
3. The deer species, White-tailed, Black-tailed, Red Deer, Elk, and Moose need new AI. Is it on the list?
pikehunter123

Post by pikehunter123 »

1.do you replace the game engine and graphic textures?
2.do you add fallow deer and wild pigeon to the game?
3. do you get game additions, time of day switching, character editor menu detailing, or animal animations, animal behavior?
4. will there be a new map with all the European animals?
yet another hunter

Post by yet another hunter »

Is there any plans about web API for community development for player services? (dead link "personal bests", you know)

Thanx for close community comms!
wt_hunting
Scout

Post by wt_hunting »

yet another hunter wrote:Is there any plans about web API for community development for player services? (dead link "personal bests", you know)

Thanx for close community comms!
Personal Bests is re-activated.
yet another hunter

Post by yet another hunter »

wt_hunting wrote:Personal Bests is re-activated.
Yeah, 10 years later.
I meant more personal player stats, like male/female kills, average weight, rare animals, etc.
some numbers that we can math with no bother devs

P.S. is there personal bests in range? noooope. only in score
sry i meant sort by range and score. thought default sort is CSS
Dubitabilus
Hunter

Post by Dubitabilus »

To offset some of the technical Q&A, some fun questions for our producer:
  • Favorite food & drink?
  • Coolest / Memorable place you've ever visited or want to visit?
  • Hobbies (other than bug-hunting)?
  • Worked for previous games/companies?
  • What does the fox say?
  • Do you know de way?
:lol:

Thanks for all the hard work Deem-itri!
Semper vigilans, Numquam dubitabilis - "Always Vigilant, Never Doubtful"
https://www.boone-crockett.org/minimum- ... n-big-game
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”