AMA with Dmitri - theHunter Classic's Producer

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Dmitri
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: AMA with Dmitri - theHunter Classic's Producer

Post by Dmitri »

Dubitabilus wrote:To offset some of the technical Q&A, some fun questions for our producer:
  • Favorite food & drink?
  • Coolest / Memorable place you've ever visited or want to visit?
  • Hobbies (other than bug-hunting)?
  • Worked for previous games/companies?
  • What does the fox say?
  • Do you know de way?
:lol:

Thanks for all the hard work Deem-itri!
these are most difficult so far :D
EduT
Hunter

Post by EduT »

hello a long time ago I wanted to ask you this question;

1 question:

Because sometimes we lose an attempt in an official competition because we cannot connect to the server, any possibility of working in that the attempt is not lost but we do not connect to the server?

2 question:

Have you considered adding kayaks for hunting?

They could be in reserves; Rougarou Bayou, Piccabeen Bay, Redfeather Falls, Hirschfelden, Timbergold Trails

Image Image

Thank you very much for your time to read ...

best regards.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Why a hunting game? Had you ever played or even heard of theHunter before you took on your role with it? Or is it just the game you happened to be assigned to? Have you ever hunted in real life before and if not, would you want to? If so, where and what for?

Got any pets? I like meeting people's pets :)

Favorite animal and why? Doesn't have to be an animal from theHunter, just in general.
dougrf

Post by dougrf »

I would like to know if there is any game mechanic, feature or easter egg ingame that was meant to be discovered by the players but wasn't so far.
Last edited by dougrf on November 13th, 2020, 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Takoygekakvse

Post by Takoygekakvse »

Dmitri wrote: Google Translate works quite well
It works enough herovo :lol:
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Dmitri wrote:
HooCairs wrote:
Deeem0n wrote:please note that questions like "when %put_any_anymal_here% will be added?" or "when %put_any_bug_here% will finally be fixed?" will unlikely be answered during this AMA session.
Well, quite honestly, when I saw your post, I thought you just opened a huge can of worms. I would have stated that people should not ask about bugs or the roadmap. Now you have some work ahead to plow through all of this. Just noticed you have this on Steam too... :D
yes and no. all these bugs and suggestions are helpful anyway.
QA team will review the mentioned bugs and add the missing ones to the bugbase.
me and Pucu will review all suggestions and add the interesting ones into our list for the future. for example, I really love Brian's idea about community competitions.
obviously, my answers about bugs, planned animals and suggestions will be very generic. but in any case this is a win-win situation - community said their needs, we don't need to think on the new ideas for the next few years as we already have a list :)
Oh, I thought it's all on you to review and respond on everything. Didn't realize there was a "QA team" that manages bugs. Very good to hear. :)

Well now I have questions:
- How many bugs in the current database?
- Which one is the oldest (and might not even apply anymore)?

Forum moderators used to have access to that database and when a new bug was added to the DB, moderators would update the bug report in the forum with the bug ID. This was a confirmation for the reporter that the bug had been recognized.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

The EHR has 12 reserves, some of them pretty big. Has EW ever thought about using that setting for other games, such as a PvP shooter, an RPG, or a Point and Click adventure?

The reserves could be run on a different server, and given out to modders to go wild on such ideas. :D
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Dmitri
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Dmitri »

HooCairs wrote:Forum moderators used to have access to that database and when a new bug was added to the DB, moderators would update the bug report in the forum with the bug ID. This was a confirmation for the reporter that the bug had been recognized.
we have too many sources bugs coming from (internal QA, forum, official discord/steam/social medias/even some streams which I am trying to monitor), therefore I don't think I should put the responsibility of all these bugs' statuses monitoring to forum moderators.
HooCairs wrote:The EHR has 12 reserves, some of them pretty big. Has EW ever thought about using that setting for other games, such as a PvP shooter, an RPG, or a Point and Click adventure?

The reserves could be run on a different server, and given out to modders to go wild on such ideas. :D
I am a wrong person to answer it, as I am not part of EW
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

You Guys really have to look at bleed out time and knock them dead on the stop with X bow and other bows.
I have over 35 years of real bow hunting and have killed around 115 WT and Mule deer with bow alone not counting sheep moose elk bear telling you this so you know I am talking from experience.

Let me tell you in all these kills only 2 dropped on the spot and they were spine shot , lung shot 55 m to 100 m
Both lungs hit 50 max.
I just finished a hunt and killed from blind,20m or so 3 Rusa on the spot and one standing right on same spot shot the same ran over 200 m
There is no reason for 3 to died on the spot and the other wellll
Please look into this as it is not very realistic , and frustrating.
I can only wonder what new players think and the troubles they run into , frustration that is for sure.
linklinr

Post by linklinr »

The text was translated from Russian to Yandex translate
In Russia, hunting with onions is prohibited. In Europe and the United States, bowhunting is allowed, a huge community of BowHunting that is fundamentally different from hunting with firearms. You'll be able to continue BowHunting?
Develop BowHunting, firearms and sights to it a lot, and good hunting bows 3 pieces and two sights. Look at the carbon versions of Hoyt carbon, they have a unique beautiful design, they are even forged by the Chinese or Bowtech Carbon, its analog is already in the hunter call of the wild. Bowtech insanity cpx is an old but beautiful and up-to-date bow. Take a closer look at the Garmin xero A1 bow sight, take a closer look at the horizontal Pin sights. There are not enough releases for the onion. The tension of the block bow string occurs with the release. There is a hunting release and a sports release, the main difference is that the sports release is more accurate and controlled than the hunting release.
The hunting release is designed to keep the bowstring taut for a long time.
Hunting arrows differ in tips, an arrow with a two-bladed tip has a high penetrating ability, but at the same time a soapy wound channel. The three-blade tip has less penetration, but a larger wound channel.

- There is not enough shopping cart on the site
- There is no back arrow button on the site
- Make it possible to sell things for half the price. I have accumulated a lot of unnecessary things that get in the way of inventory, selling for 50% of the store's price will be quite humane.
- Turn off automatic recharge in the game settings. After firing a single-barrelled weapon with a telescopic sight, I want to see which way the animal ran, but automatic reloading begins
- Not enough premium camouflage clothing and a premium bow. On the frame of the block bow, you can make an aquaprint, it turns out very beautiful.
- There is not enough shooting range for shooting at long distances of 100-200-300 + meters. I have to build a shooting range myself on a beach in the Tropics

The game has a large number of donate. The hunter classic forces players to donate, which is what pushes new players away. Consider changing donate to DLS. Look at ETS-2, two DLS and no donate are released every year.
Last edited by linklinr on November 17th, 2020, 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”