Status Update - 20th of December 2019

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
M9Chris
Spotter

Re: Status Update - 20th of December 2019

Post by M9Chris »

Fantastic news! The Huntertalk-Community starts a party after that SU!
Thanks for that, and we wish EW and especially you nice X-Mass Holiday!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Thanks for the Status Update TK, nice to see a new model is coming for the evil birds, currently they look at you like they are about to eat you alive.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Pucu
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Pucu »

Ardillamente wrote:but I'd much rather just see the reindeer scoring get fixed eventually anyways haha. If you guys have any questions about the specifics of the reindeer scoring glitch, I have lots of details that will help in case you can't find my old bug reports. Cheers.
Hey Ardillamente, I made a post about bug reports a couple of days ago:

https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=90712

please feel free to write about the reindeer scoring issue there and provide all the details you can.
Cheers!
Pucu | Game Designer
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Good news to see the team making a start on the new era.
I have never been a big turkey fan but I see that you guys have put yourself in a bit of a bind here.
Whats the point of a turkey update when the 22 plinkington is still unable to deal to them at more than 10 meteres .
Need to see both turkeys and the .22 side by side again.

Happy holidays every one.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
elgrancazador
Spotter

Post by elgrancazador »

It's a joke right? Eight months waiting for an update ... just to be told that they are only going to change the graphic design only to the turkey ?, Look, if it were all the animals I would agree, but so long waiting just for that? How long will I have to wait to see new species and reserves? I'm still surprised that there are people playing this game, they don't stop taking you for a fool
Hifisch
Scout

Post by Hifisch »

I can barely believe my eyes! New turkey models are something I wanted since I started playing in 2012 and this is the last moment I would have expected them to become real!
I don't care if it's rather minor. I'm just happy because it is something!
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

EW came out of the dark
At first we thought just for the lark
but that was not the bird
Of which they had heard
The turkey was getting a mark

So now with new beak and feather
he will strut round we hope till forever
For the game now on track
We all can just sit back
And develop our passion together

So horray we say to ideas
For antler,horn and Sophias
For all must now try
The 8 months say goodbye
Oh the joy African galleria
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Skybird
Hunter

Post by Skybird »

elgrancazador wrote:It's a joke right? Eight months waiting for an update ... just to be told that they are only going to change the graphic design only to the turkey ?, Look, if it were all the animals I would agree, but so long waiting just for that? How long will I have to wait to see new species and reserves? I'm still surprised that there are people playing this game, they don't stop taking you for a fool
Some people never learn. For others, endlessly complaining is not so much a hobby, but an attitude towards life.
:evil:
As well as these, there are bug fixes and even more content to come out soon
And just in case you did not know or have forgotten it: the game is TEN YEARS old. Be surprised that they start actively working on it again at all!
hours: >960 / Hunter Score: >8400
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

To be honest, I do not see what everyone else is clambering about with the turkey model shown in the update.
I understand it is a WIP but it looks more demonic than what we have now.
The feathers look better defined, but the lack of eyes (I know it was mentioned) and the unicorn comb sticking straight out of it head look just wrong.

What type of turkey are you trying to portray? Eastern, Merriam's, Rio Grande ?
Remember Whitehart was modeled after Washington State so feather coloration should be one of the three above.
I will give you credit for attaching a long standing want of the players of the game, but it should be done right, not just different if you are going to spend the time on it.

As for Rudolf, I am hoping for those that need the red nose fix, you are just being coy, and going for the surprise element, and will flip the switch on the server.

Happy Holidays !
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

DHRifleman wrote:I understand it is a WIP but it looks more demonic than what we have now.
The feathers look better defined, but the lack of eyes (I know it was mentioned) and the unicorn comb sticking straight out of it head look just wrong.
If this thing walked out of the woods and stared at me in my tree stand with these soulless eyes, I would agree. But it won't. People are "clambering" because they're looking at the parts of the model that are complete, not picking out the tidbits that obviously won't exist in the final product unless a bug comes with their release (which I won't deny as being possible). It's a shame that you can't look much further past unfinished eyes and a modelling program's display of a model (the standing snood, like the spread tail and t-posing wings, would be a characteristic pose of a model in a modelling program) to see all the improvements made. Every finished element on this model is, in my opinion, an improvement on what we currently have. For a game as old as this is, I call it a success. And for something that has been requested by many for a long time, I call it a good choice.

The bird in the picture appears to be an eastern subspecies. It is true that this would not be the proper subspecies if we were talking about Washington state, but we're not. We're talking about Whitehart Island and Settlers Creeks, set in the fictional EHR. I'm not aware if Settlers Creek was even inspired by anywhere specific, like Whitehart was. Perhaps they could indeed consider minor color changes to the models if they want to be correct by the regions the maps were based on, but if they're just going to stick to one model, I would be perfectly fine with the eastern. It's still better then what we have and I'm not convinced it wasn't done right. It was done the way they wanted. I'd be happier to see the items I mentioned before, the calls, the animations, even the posing in a trophy shot, improved before I'd worry about if the bird's tail band was the right color.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”