Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 16th May 2019

Post by mapache01 »

woof woof
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

For those who think , that it's all because of its members actions that the community is the way it is today , i'll tell you this :
A forum's health, is the direct result of how well it is managed !
This is not a bogus comment ,it's a fact . Go search the web and look it up .
Last edited by DYEUZ on May 17th, 2019, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

DHRifleman wrote:CotW compared to classic is like cabella's to deer hunter. 2 totally different games and CotW will never be what classic was and still is. As far as graphics, classic is still fine after 10 years and doesn't detract from the game at all. From what I have seen of CotW those graphics are nothing special, so the game is sub-par to classic.

As for being lucky or thankful that we still have classic to play at the moment, it is really kind of backwards. EW should feel lucky they were able to do what they have because of classic, and honestly I think they made a big mistake killing off a revenue stream for a CYA tactic by ending the memberships.
Maybe the negative comes up more than the positive because there is more to it.
It's the reality. I have to use a special graphics management program to make graphics of COTW acceptable (sharpness clarity). To answer in some questions about how cost COTW and ther money EW won from us those 10 years (9,5 for me) let's give you some numbers. I spend in total of about 2500$ (not em$) to buy subscription and em$ ,some others spend much more that gives about 250$ / year . Ho spend that money in COTW? I was waiting for a new game to continue the Classic tradition but COTW is not a continuity of THC is a shot em up game and I have to kill everything in my way if I want to have points to buy items the number of guns is limited till now,some important lures are locked till level 37! I have to buy with the points I have Stands ,ammo's,Ground blinds in one word everything and that with only the points rewarded from any animal killed. No way to buy with real money any point (and that is an error).
In 2 words COTW is not the continuity of THC (it would be) and the money they bring to EW from every player is the 30% of the money that all old THC players gave to EW. And that is a fact :!:
PS I make some corrections to my numbers because I has to go in MY archives to see how I spend because the statistics of my account in THC are wrong. Apologies!
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Man, I really can't get people that spend thousands of hours in thc and then complain about the grind in cotw.
With 150 to 200 hours, you'll have everything and will be maxed out. Then the grind is over.
On the other hand, over here I still have multiple species where my skills aren't good, and I've put over 6000 hours in thc.
Spoiler:
Burning Bridges
Hunter

Post by Burning Bridges »

I for one are surprised at the negativity NOW.

There has always been a problem here with too little delivered back for the money received, but imo the f2p is the greatest thing that's happened to this game ever. I had stopped playing long ago because the membership cost was getting on my nerves. But now I have helped new people in the game who are suddenly interested, and even bought them some em$ so they can replicate my early steps with their first rifle. Many kids like to grind (and own exactly zero em$), others will buy the em$ (parents, 30+ year old gamer friends or people with little time, so all stays the same except we dont need to pay 40$ a year for a membership). Even the gameplay has improved - hunting for CSS and gm$ makes a lot more sense than just kill everyting that moves - and for the first time in 6 years I really stalk the prey with the nhighest scores because I want to see my gm$ increase.

Sure EW can pull the plug from the game but then they would forfeit the chance to ever get a foot in this market again (who would again give 1 - 10k for a company that simply terminated the service). That would be singularly dumb and I hope they make enough from the game and huge amount of content as it is now, as there are still 10,000s of younger people who dont even know yet how they will like this simulation.

As to the future I am more concerned about COTW. Not sure where the problem was with finding the right replacement engine. Unfortunately COTW is not the right one, I cannot recognize anything on screen due to the way it handles foliage, Anti Aliasing and billboards etc, whereas The Hunter is crisp and clear and looks even better with DSR. (The Hunter 2 would have been great with the Arma engine, but for some reason they went this arcade road, which is fune, but they will lose the original The Hunter crowd who was willing to pay 1000s$).

Anyway I am digressing but I think f2p from what i've seen the last 2 weeks is great.

And since EW says they monitor the forums: my tip is to do something about the new scopes. The new guns are all interesting but the sights are butt ugly (nonsensical red lines that really have no place in a computer simulaton) I am sure there are many people who would really like to buy more of the new rifles if it werent for those ugly sights. I have eg skipped the nicely done 7x64 because it has not a single scope that I can look at. This is imo not the way to make more money from people wh already have 15 rifles and scopes.
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

BuiuRei wrote:Man, I really can't get people that spend thousands of hours in thc and then complain about the grind in cotw.
With 150 to 200 hours, you'll have everything and will be maxed out. Then the grind is over.
On the other hand, over here I still have multiple species where my skills aren't good, and I've put over 6000 hours in thc.
Dear my problem with COTW is that I can't choose the animal I want to hunt,and only that one, because if I play like this I can't reach what you said. In THC I can hunt the animal I want the hour I want and my results,ranks,trophies,statistics etc are stored immediately in COTW I have to save my progression after every hunt. The only thing I accept that is very good is the free travel.And I think not that playing 150-200 hours can permit me to explore as much I want and place stands,ground blinds and tents because the reserves are larges and we have to explore the maximum to find,some times insignificant items,like the explanation of a place. For me to have an acceptable game in COTW you have to spend more than 1000 hours. My opinion certainly,but I show a lot of people in the Steam forum speaking about that.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

vsaet wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:Man, I really can't get people that spend thousands of hours in thc and then complain about the grind in cotw.
Dear my problem with COTW is that I can't choose the animal I want to hunt,and only that one, because if I play like this I can't reach what you said. In THC I can hunt the animal I want the hour I want and my results,ranks,trophies,statistics etc are stored immediately in COTW I have to save my progression after every hunt. The only thing I accept that is very good is the free travel.And I think not that playing 150-200 hours can permit me to explore as much I want and place stands,ground blinds and tents because the reserves are larges and we have to explore the maximum to find,some times insignificant items,like the explanation of a place. For me to have an acceptable game in COTW you have to spend more than 1000 hours. My opinion certainly,but I show a lot of people in the Steam forum speaking about that.
You are just plain wrong about pretty much everything.
I have about 220 hours in, level 60, half a million cash on the wallet, pretty much everything on the store bought, several waterfowl setups around a couple of maps; you get the idea.
About not being able to choose what you hunt, this is just nonsense. Idk when have you last played cotw, but this is just not how it works.
The statistics part of the deal I partially agree with, but on the other hand you can clearly see they're working on it, TruRacks being the notable example. But you don't have to save anything at any point, the game does it for you, even if you crash, btw. And you can play it offline, on top of that, if your ISP is fubar and you need a fix. :lol:
I feel like you haven't played it at all or have had a limited experience at the beginnings of the game. Might be time to give it another go.
Spoiler:
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

muledeer wrote:
Swampfox wrote:Thanks for the update Matt.
All the responses concerning the new F2P have mentioned the hopes, wishes and bugs that still haunt THC and I sincerely hope to see Classic will be around even though we may never know when the end comes.
I"ll continue to be hunting THC until it's no longer possible.
I'm glad to see the Deer Grunt Call (Carved Wood) Model is finally in the Store for those who have been waiting like me. I just purchased it this morning! 8-)
Deer Grunt Call (Carved Wood)
It isn't possible to buy this item ...why you can buy it?
I purchased it yesterday on the Store Sales page. Just checked and it's still on sale today @ 225 em$s or 1500 gm$s. :)
Spoiler:
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Swampfox wrote:
muledeer wrote:
Swampfox wrote:Thanks for the update Matt.
All the responses concerning the new F2P have mentioned the hopes, wishes and bugs that still haunt THC and I sincerely hope to see Classic will be around even though we may never know when the end comes.
I"ll continue to be hunting THC until it's no longer possible.
I'm glad to see the Deer Grunt Call (Carved Wood) Model is finally in the Store for those who have been waiting like me. I just purchased it this morning! 8-)
Deer Grunt Call (Carved Wood)
It isn't possible to buy this item ...why you can buy it?
I purchased it yesterday on the Store Sales page. Just checked and it's still on sale today @ 225 em$s or 1500 gm$s. :)
5100 gm$. :D
Spoiler:
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

yesterday it dosn´t work for me but today ... nice

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”