Status Update - 16th May 2019

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
mapache01
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 16th May 2019

Post by mapache01 »

flinteundco wrote:Bugged Missions (Samba)
Bugged .22 Plinkington and Grasshopper (huge drop off and less damage then a blowdart)
The new golden .243 is offcenter when you aim with no scope.

Would be great if you could fix these like the bugged Mule Mission.
Just a comment would be great that you are working on them.
+100!!
Also
What about server down??
Since now is FREE NO COMPLAINS?? Since now is Free and "refund membership with gm$, not real money we pay for" and now no complains 'cus IS FREEE???1!!
Well, if FANS make kathleen kennedy from Star Wars, regret what they do with the franchise, I don't know if EW and Avalanche want bad comments about what are they doing here with Classic
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

Kind of disappointing to see the lack of communication here on the forums lately. Haven't seen a trophy of the week winner for a month or so. Wonder what's up with that? Has that promotion been cancelled? There are quite a few concerns with bugged missions and the like and not even an acknowledgement that the team (if there is still a Classic team) is aware. I may be eating some of my previous posts promoting positivity in the forums. Like, I get it... maybe there is only so much that can be communicated with us at this time, but the community and players are still very much alive. Would be nice to know what is or is not being worked on. Definitely starting to believe that this game is slowly being abandoned <--- Change my mind.

Mills.
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

Just wait until today for the SU because we are all humans and i will take it easy with some kind of sorry guys ...maybe they have realy to much to do.
But this SU ... like a heartshot over 1.069 km from Stockholm ... killed another whale RIP
Ardillamente
Tracker

Post by Ardillamente »

Mills wrote: Haven't seen a trophy of the week winner for a month or so. Wonder what's up with that? Has that promotion been cancelled?
I've been bummed about that as well. It would be awesome if you guys could continue rare and trophy of the week winners. This has become one of my favorite things in the game, and it seems like it couldn't possibly take too long once per week to pick a winner for each.
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

BigGameHunter_21 wrote:
Pittie wrote:It would be nice if we could get one Day more for the 10 years Mission because of the Server downtime. ;)
The missions are easy, as long as you can find a feral hog over 900, you should be able to do them within 1-2 hours
The hog was easy and fast for me, but I have problems to find the elk.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Takoygekakvse

Post by Takoygekakvse »

We are consistently monitoring feedback across all our forums and social channels, so please keep making your voices heard. It is helping us to ensure we are still headed in the right direction!
Well, if so then. Please return the free 50 liters of gasoline. Otherwise, the machine is useless.
What will beginners think when they buy a car? Gasoline will end and then they will not resist the temptation to write a negative review in the Steam :D .

And please answer to what period the game will exist. (This question is not over).
Thank!
P.S. I apologize for the text. Google translate.
Spoiler:
Deec5

Post by Deec5 »

No, I do not think the game is over. I think it will focus on dlcs that generate more profits. If the developer really wants to close the game will be a great pity. Thehunter classic contains thousands of players in the world and can generate a nice income.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Thanks for the SU, however is sad to see there is the classical "we are looking the feedback" answer, yet there is no mention if something is being done about the bugged weapons .22 or the other issues mentioned before. there are bug reports and have been mentioned in Discord too, i hope the issues reported get sorted with the time, but more concrete answers would be very appreciated.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
HonzoChu
Tracker

Post by HonzoChu »

For those of you who are still doing the 10 year mission pack and having problems, here is a link to the mission part of the forums where you might find an answer ;-)

https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=210&t=89949
Treedweller
Tracker

Post by Treedweller »

We are consistently monitoring feedback across all our forums and social channels, so please keep making your voices heard. It is helping us to ensure we are still headed in the right direction!
I'm very happy with the changes that have been made, the game has become more enjoyable and welcoming especially for new players. I think it has now the potential to attract new players and that means more publicity and revenue for EW, because there will always be players for which paying over grinding is a valid option, or who don't have much time to play but want to be able to enjoy the little time they have, or who just want a particular item NOW. The previous model required double payment (once to buy equipment and once to be able to use it), which was hard to sustain for many players, difficult to grasp for some others, and impractical for people with few time to play. And the feeling that at the end of the subscription your investment will go poof was discouraging. Not to mention how unwelcoming was the old model to new players, which were bombarded with splash screens immobilizing them while the action went on around them. As a business you want to please potential new customers, not to deny them the opportunity to appreciate the qualities of your product by harassing them with payment requirements.
The new model caters much better for all the aforementioned types of players. The psychological aspects of the players being in control over the amount of money they spend and the times they do it and also of the familiarity and simplicity of the concept that they spend money to get something specific in return, which they "own" and can use at will without time constraints, are not to be underestimated. The way people perceive things is determinant to the willingness to spend.
That being said there is a minor negative aspect which has come with the new model, that is the lack of gm$ reward for some females, specifically deer and turkey. This doesn't have a big impact on me and probably most other old players, but it can have a significant impact on the new players which need to save to buy equipment, but also need to harvest those animals as the easiest way to up their skills, get intermediate and elite status for competitions, increase their hunter score (I think it is still needed to unblock inventory slots), get achievements, whatever their goals in the game are.
Apart from that, communication seems to have deteriorated lately, and that needs to be fixed.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”