Status Update - 8th of May 2019

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Pupic
Hunter

Re: Status Update - 8th of May 2019

Post by Pupic »

JimboCrow wrote:
HooCairs wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:Unless the F2P model is an incredible success there will be no more n̶e̶w̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶e̶n̶t̶ game.
Here I fixed that for you. ;)
Yes, that too!!! :)
The "incredible success" obviously means - bringing in few thousands of those that didn`t want to pay a dime during the last ten years and giving them everything for free. :D
I am just imagining how long will it take till the word gets around and the load on servers that we should experience in a few days or weeks at most.
That should be the final nail in the coffin....
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Hawkeye wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:
HooCairs wrote:The taxidermy vs. selling is pretty confusing and I have the same questions as David. Also if you taxidermy an animal, you pay twice. A) you spend the taxidermy price, and B) you lose the gm$. So it is currently better to not taxidermy anything in game and get the gm$, then do it later from the hunt history.

I am a bit surprised that practically everything can be bought with gm$. Many F2P games still keep a good part of their game accessible through spending of real money only. I say this because I wonder what income is left for EW to make.
The price of taxidermy appears to have gone up, and down, overnight. Yesterday it was 10 em$ or 170 gm$ to tax an animal; today it's 8 em$ or 2000 gm$. I take this as a sign that item pricing will be adjusted to take advantage of purchasing pressure or lack thereof. This is actually positive for the survival of the game IMHO, and possibly yours too Hoo. :)
I just noticed this too Jimbo! 1875 gm$ for taxidermy is what I just saw. That's getting pricey.
If the price was 1875 gm$ at the trophy shot, then your animal was worth 125 gm$ to sell, right? That equals 2000 gm$, which if you don't tax in trophy shot mode (and make the exchange there,) then you can still tax it in your inventory for 2000 gm$ after you have received your 125 gm$ reward. The difference is the same. But the em$ price has dropped to 8 em$, the lowest it has ever been. :)
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

JimboCrow wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:
The price of taxidermy appears to have gone up, and down, overnight. Yesterday it was 10 em$ or 170 gm$ to tax an animal; today it's 8 em$ or 2000 gm$. I take this as a sign that item pricing will be adjusted to take advantage of purchasing pressure or lack thereof. This is actually positive for the survival of the game IMHO, and possibly yours too Hoo. :)
I just noticed this too Jimbo! 1875 gm$ for taxidermy is what I just saw. That's getting pricey.
If the price was 1875 gm$ at the trophy shot, then your animal was worth 125 gm$ to sell, right? That equals 2000 gm$, which if you don't tax in trophy shot mode (and make the exchange there,) then you can still tax it in your inventory for 2000 gm$ after you have received your 125 gm$ reward. The difference is the same. But the em$ price has dropped to 8 em$, the lowest it has ever been. :)
I'm glad you brought this up. When the popup came up, it said 1875 gm$ to taxidermy. I clicked "Taxidermy" on that popup in-game. When I checked my wallet just now, it did indeed cost me 2000 gm$ to Taxidermy, but on a separate line, paid me the 125 gm$ for the yote, so the net cost was still 1875 gm$. I think I'll be using em$ for that going forward.
Todd765

Post by Todd765 »

DHRifleman wrote:
Todd765 wrote:Huh I had not seen that announced. Maybe I missed that.
It was written on the wall
Ahhh, like it a bunch of people on this forum said it was written on the wall a while back that the game was closing down?
Or last week then the servers went down and everyone was on these forums was posting about how EW decided to shut the game down without telling anybody?

Ya well forgive me if wait for them to ACTUALLY say there will be no more content or updates before I actually parrot it. Call me stubborn.
Classic/CotW
Todd765/Stardog765
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Todd765 wrote:Call me stubborn.
Or naively optimistic :D
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Hawkeye wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
I'm glad you brought this up. When the popup came up, it said 1875 gm$ to taxidermy. I clicked "Taxidermy" on that popup in-game. When I checked my wallet just now, it did indeed cost me 2000 gm$ to Taxidermy, but on a separate line, paid me the 125 gm$ for the yote, so the net cost was still 1875 gm$. I think I'll be using em$ for that going forward.
I think your decision to pay with em$ was the motivation behind the increase, which also may have been to correct an original setup error. I'm going to pay with em$ for taxing from now on too, it just makes sense.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Todd765 wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:
Todd765 wrote:Huh I had not seen that announced. Maybe I missed that.
It was written on the wall
Ahhh, like it a bunch of people on this forum said it was written on the wall a while back that the game was closing down?
Or last week then the servers went down and everyone was on these forums was posting about how EW decided to shut the game down without telling anybody?

Ya well forgive me if wait for them to ACTUALLY say there will be no more content or updates before I actually parrot it. Call me stubborn.
OK Todd765, if it turns out that if another reserve (or animal) is ever introduced again to this game, I will happily eat all my humble pie and graciously admit that your foresight was sharper than mine. As for now, don't forget that no new reserve has been added for well over a year now, and there has been no mention of one coming (which there always was, well in advance, in the past.) Also, I heard Mat say in the livestream awhile ago that no new reserve was presently in the works. He did not rule one out in the future, but he was hardly optimistic about it either.

However, in the meantime, ok, you're stubborn. :D Have good one and keep on hunting!! :) Jimbo.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

JimboCrow wrote:
Todd765 wrote:
DHRifleman wrote: It was written on the wall

OK Todd765, if it turns out that if another reserve (or animal) is ever introduced again to this game, I will happily eat all my humble pie and graciously admit that your foresight was sharper than mine. As for now, don't forget that no new reserve has been added for well over a year now, and there has been no mention of one coming (which there always was, well in advance, in the past.) Also, I heard Mat say in the livestream awhile ago that no new reserve was presently in the works. He did not rule one out in the future, but he was hardly optimistic about it either.

However, in the meantime, ok, you're stubborn. :D Have good one and keep on hunting!! :) Jimbo.
I'll go one better. If another reserve or animal is added to the game, I will post you a cheque for $10k US dollars. Or the equivalent currency.

I always pay my debts, and can say with confidence, it's not gonna happen. Either that Mat will read this and beg for the devs to make a new reserve just to spite me. Either way, I win.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

caledonianblues wrote: I'll go one better. If another reserve or animal is added to the game, I will post you a cheque for $10k US dollars. Or the equivalent currency.
i will gladly add a couple rolls of pennies i have somewhere . :?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

DYEUZ wrote:
caledonianblues wrote: I'll go one better. If another reserve or animal is added to the game, I will post you a cheque for $10k US dollars. Or the equivalent currency.
i will gladly add a couple rolls of pennies i have somewhere . :?
Like the Tesco motto says - "every little helps" :D

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”