Status Update - 8th of May 2019

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Nockedup
Hunter

Re: Status Update - 8th of May 2019

Post by Nockedup »

BCKidd wrote:So then it could be the face paint or even camo that isn't working at least not in MP. Regarding scent-eliminator, I barely use the stuff, until only recently when EW started giving it a way in comps/events. I use it now when hunting the predators, but nothing else. I'll have to give it a try with the gobblers. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
You'll never know what you've been missing! ;)
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
ForestForce

Post by ForestForce »

HooCairs wrote:
ForestForce wrote:Hi Everybody,
got a question burning under my nails: why the hell aren´t we rewarded with gm$ for female animals too? That sounds like "females have no value" to me... :shock:
...and this in the year 2019??? :o
I think you are confusing people (where women and man should be 100% equally treated) and hunted animals (where often times females have no score-giving body parts).

Somehow I think you made this statement out of love for gm$ than for females. ;)
Sorry HooCairs, but this time you´re wrong. ;-)
It was out of my profession as a person who works in the forest. Believe me, we´ve got too many antler-farmers there what causes lots of damage to the plants...
..females have to be taken too and believe me a second time: they really do taste delicious! :D

So when we "sell" the males as a trophy, why not sell the females as meat and get rewarded with a little amount of gm$ for them too?? :mrgreen:

Kind regards

ForestForce

PS: Yes I know that this is only a game, but nip it in the bud! ;)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

If they decide to also give us gm$ for the female deer, well hey! :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

ForestForce wrote:
HooCairs wrote:
got a question burning under my nails: why the hell aren´t we rewarded with gm$ for female animals too? That sounds like "females have no value" to me... :shock:
I think you are confusing people (where women and man should be 100% equally treated) and hunted animals (where often times females have no score-giving body parts).

Somehow I think you made this statement out of love for gm$ than for females. ;)
It was out of my profession as a person who works in the forest. Believe me, we´ve got too many antler-farmers there what causes lots of damage to the plants...
..females have to be taken too and believe me a second time: they really do taste delicious! :D

So when we "sell" the males as a trophy, why not sell the females as meat and get rewarded with a little amount of gm$ for them too?? :mrgreen:

Kind regards

ForestForce

because its a trophy hunting game using probably the most recognised score system in the world. .......hunting for food, land management, population management or pest control doesn't factor into classic. nothing needs nipping in the bud bar your attempt to insinuate some kind of gender discrimination

and no im not against equality. quite the opposite. by making laughable claims like this you take the credibility out of actual cases
Hynu
Tracker

Post by Hynu »

The above is correct, this is a trophy hunting game, hence scoring animals only = rewards, makes perfect sense. Some females give gm$ as they fit the scoring critera, some species females don't.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

ForestForce wrote:
HooCairs wrote:

Kind regards

ForestForce

The game's current business model is balanced for paying by CSS score. If they rewarded females with gm$, I would expect them to also increase the gm$ prices on every item in the store to maintain that balance.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Hawkeye wrote:
Nockedup wrote:
Tod1d wrote:
That's interesting. Are you certain scent eliminator makes a difference on Turkeys? They should have no sense of smell at all, incredible vision, and better than average hearing.
I haven't tested scent eliminator, because we were told early on that all the birds had no smell.
I'm pretty certain that it does help. I don't shoot every turkey that comes in to the decoys and box caller. I pass on most of them except for the big boys. I've called in had bunches of them hang out under my stands for quite awhile as long as I'm scented down, but as I said, if I don't pay attention and miss the text alert that my scent eliminator has worn off, they seem to either slowly walk away ignoring the box caller or one will snap his or her neck around and look straight up at me and then take off flying, spooking all the rest of them. When that happens, I check my scent eliminator status and sure enough it had worn off. It may very well just be a coincidence, but I don't think so. I try to keep scented down on every hunt for the entire hunt no matter where or what I'm hunting.

I can recall a multiplayer hunt quite a while back where my partner and I entered at a lodge and were gearing up. I put on some face paint and he said to me, "why your face is bright pink?" I hit the F2 key to look at myself and I looked fine, no pink, just camo face paint. We went on to hunting and I couldn't get within 60-80 meters of any animal. Perhaps that's what is happening to mapache01.
Turkeys have no sense of smell, therefore scent eliminator does not have any affect on them.
Of course it doesn't. (And yet it does.)
None of the pixilated animal or bird representations we hunt have any sense of smell, eyesight or hearing. What they react to is a proximity warning that kicks in according to their individual susceptibility to that warning.
Your avatar has a maximum proximity alert base circumference which may be different for each species.
If you put on cent reducer, camo ,walk instead of run, crouch instead of walk, go prone instead of crouching, hide in a tower treestand or blind , you are reducing the distance the proximity warning will kick in, depending on the awareness level of each individual collection of target pixels. IE the higher the assigned trophy level the greater the level of awareness.
Each species should only react to the specific proximity reducers that are coded to affect it.

While this may not be the exact method used in theHunter I am sure it explains the spooking mechanics and how they work.
If they are no longer behaving as designed something has changed in the coding, either by accident or design.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

DanthemanBoone wrote: What they react to is a proximity warning that kicks in according to their individual susceptibility to that warning.
Your avatar has a maximum proximity alert base circumference which may be different for each species.
That's what i always believed also .
Good explanation of how you think it works and makes perfect sense to me .

So, there is absolutely something wrong with this game , and been for a while then now , because , when you are close enough to slap a Moose cow's butt , means something is not working right !
And the next cow spooks at 150m , definitely something not right .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Years ago someone dug up a config file showing how species hear, smell or see players.
Species Hear Smell See
Moose 75 100 125
Blacktail Deer 100 100 100
Feral Hog 100 135 100
Mule Deer 100 100 100
Red Deer 100 115 100
Roosevelt Elk 100 100 100
Whitetail Deer 100 100 100
Wild Boar 100 150 100
Brown Bear 120 160 80
Roe Deer 125 125 100
Black Bear 150 200 100
Coyote 150 200 150
Red Fox 150 150 100
Pheasant 200 0 300
Turkey 200 0 300

You can see the 0's for the birds under smell. Numbers could have changed in the meantime but I highly doubt they added the smelling ability to birds as this would be wrong.

Seeing mechanics was explained in detail here:
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=33120

Edit: Found the source: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 19#p496719
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Wow!! thanks Hoocairs, if all still works like that, that's a great table to consider animals senses.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”