Status Update - 8th of May 2019

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Status Update - 8th of May 2019

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hi all!

Your comments to the status update from the 8th of May 2019.

Cheers all, have a good week!

TK
M9Chris
Spotter

Re: Status Update - 8th of May 2019

Post by M9Chris »

Thanks Kiwi!
drakle
Hunter

Post by drakle »

Thanks for the update.
Last edited by drakle on May 8th, 2019, 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Quick question Mat, when you mentioned in the update:
EW_Mat wrote:If you have the prompt turned on, you will see the option to sell the animal, as well as the option to taxidermy the animal.
Do you only get one choice? If you sell the animal, does that mean you cannot taxidermy it? If you taxidermy it, do you forfeit the gm$? If you have the prompt enabled but select neither option, what happens? If you have the prompt disabled, you get the gm$ automatically right? In that case, does the post-hunt taxidermy option disappear from the launcher?

Apologies if this has been answered already and I missed it.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

any news on when the new season format will start, how long we have to complete the anniversary missions, are the previously unplayable items open to all now intentionally,will we continue to get status updates?, will the launcher and reserves get cleaned up( launcher is cluttered and reserves are full of collectibles from previous events) is the update gonna iron out and polish up or is it complete now. and basically any other info regarding stuff that's not glaringly obvious.

no offence mate i get youre busy as hell right now but it was a pretty huge change that happend 2 days ago and this status update feels a bit brief. Some form of Q&A regarding the new format a bit like the old AMAs would be a good idea perhaps or a Q&A stream?
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Thanks for the update TK.

The taxidermy vs. selling is pretty confusing and I have the same questions as David. Also if you taxidermy an animal, you pay twice. A) you spend the taxidermy price, and B) you lose the gm$. So it is currently better to not taxidermy anything in game and get the gm$, then do it later from the hunt history.

I am a bit surprised that practically everything can be bought with gm$. Many F2P games still keep a good part of their game accessible through spending of real money only. I say this because I wonder what income is left for EW to make.

For anyone needing to "contact support": [email protected]

For anyone not yet switched to Steam: https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Steam
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i believe ew josh has fixed the collectibles showing or was working on it. he is communicating constantly on discord. even past working hrs. thanks for the update.
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

L3M182 wrote:any news on when the new season format will start, how long we have to complete the anniversary missions, are the previously unplayable items open to all now intentionally,will we continue to get status updates?, will the launcher and reserves get cleaned up( launcher is cluttered and reserves are full of collectibles from previous events) is the update gonna iron out and polish up or is it complete now. and basically any other info regarding stuff that's not glaringly obvious.

no offence mate i get youre busy as hell right now but it was a pretty huge change that happend 2 days ago and this status update feels a bit brief. Some form of Q&A regarding the new format a bit like the old AMAs would be a good idea perhaps or a Q&A stream?
Info i got from Josh:

The collectibles are already fixed Josh said this on discord (1hr ago).
Trophy shots which where made when they were broken will stay broken. (we can't recover them).
I don't know about about the seasons and the missions. I assume the mission pack would stay forever , i mean why not? ;).
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

DarkHunterXX wrote: I don't know about about the seasons and the missions. I assume the mission pack would stay forever , i mean why not? ;).
idk maybe its kinda like the polarbear, cat and summer mission packs. they all had a window i wasn't sure if the anniversary was a limited thing

thanks for the reply though seems some info is getting dripped through the discord.
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Nice update. Still some issues to iron out, but I'll wait and see if it gets fixed.
Question: do we get to keep this forum, or will it be closed down too?

And can you guys have a look at the buggy 10th anniversary mission pack? See the mission forum for more information.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”