Status Update - 8th of May 2019

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 8th of May 2019

Post by VonStratos »

mapache01 wrote:
Tod1d wrote:
Nockedup wrote:I use scent eliminator even when I'm hunting turkeys. If I'm hunting them from a treestand I don't have any problems getting the birds to come in and hang around UNLESS my scent eliminator has worn off and I didn't realize it. Don't forget that they will also become skittish/nervous if there are any coyotes or bobcats moving around in the area.
That's interesting. Are you certain scent eliminator makes a difference on Turkeys? They should have no sense of smell at all, incredible vision, and better than average hearing.
I haven't tested scent eliminator, because we were told early on that all the birds had no smell.
Maybe they change that too! now they have sense of smell!
Could you try another clothes? i think the Ghillie makes more noise than average clothes, and they can hear very well, i made the Turkey mission for the pack just some days ago, and yesterday one came near to the tower where i was then he flew, but like they do usually, still i will go to look for Turkeys today cuz i have to do the mission again, so i will try to see if they are having some weird behavior too. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

The thing is I uset it ALWAYS BEFORE since that clothes where launched and where the best to work, the B&C does not work for Birds, the only Clothes that works for Birds where the ones designed for Ghillie and Summer 3D but now none seems to work.
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

Tod1d wrote:
Nockedup wrote:I use scent eliminator even when I'm hunting turkeys. If I'm hunting them from a treestand I don't have any problems getting the birds to come in and hang around UNLESS my scent eliminator has worn off and I didn't realize it. Don't forget that they will also become skittish/nervous if there are any coyotes or bobcats moving around in the area.
That's interesting. Are you certain scent eliminator makes a difference on Turkeys? They should have no sense of smell at all, incredible vision, and better than average hearing.
I haven't tested scent eliminator, because we were told early on that all the birds had no smell.
I'm pretty certain that it does help. I don't shoot every turkey that comes in to the decoys and box caller. I pass on most of them except for the big boys. I've called in had bunches of them hang out under my stands for quite awhile as long as I'm scented down, but as I said, if I don't pay attention and miss the text alert that my scent eliminator has worn off, they seem to either slowly walk away ignoring the box caller or one will snap his or her neck around and look straight up at me and then take off flying, spooking all the rest of them. When that happens, I check my scent eliminator status and sure enough it had worn off. It may very well just be a coincidence, but I don't think so. I try to keep scented down on every hunt for the entire hunt no matter where or what I'm hunting.

I can recall a multiplayer hunt quite a while back where my partner and I entered at a lodge and were gearing up. I put on some face paint and he said to me, "why your face is bright pink?" I hit the F2 key to look at myself and I looked fine, no pink, just camo face paint. We went on to hunting and I couldn't get within 60-80 meters of any animal. Perhaps that's what is happening to mapache01.
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Nockedup wrote:
Tod1d wrote:
I'm pretty certain that it does help. I don't shoot every turkey that comes in to the decoys and box caller. I pass on most of them except for the big boys. I've called in had bunches of them hang out under my stands for quite awhile as long as I'm scented down, but as I said, if I don't pay attention and miss the text alert that my scent eliminator has worn off, they seem to either slowly walk away ignoring the box caller or one will snap his or her neck around and look straight up at me and then take off flying, spooking all the rest of them. When that happens, I check my scent eliminator status and sure enough it had worn off. It may very well just be a coincidence, but I don't think so. I try to keep scented down on every hunt for the entire hunt no matter where or what I'm hunting.

I can recall a multiplayer hunt quite a while back where my partner and I entered at a lodge and were gearing up. I put on some face paint and he said to me, "why your face is bright pink?" I hit the F2 key to look at myself and I looked fine, no pink, just camo face paint. We went on to hunting and I couldn't get within 60-80 meters of any animal. Perhaps that's what is happening to mapache01.
So then it could be the face paint or even camo that isn't working at least not in MP. Regarding scent-eliminator, I barely use the stuff, until only recently when EW started giving it a way in comps/events. I use it now when hunting the predators, but nothing else. I'll have to give it a try with the gobblers. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Nockedup wrote:
Tod1d wrote:

B&C clothes doesn't provide any camo against birds, only against deer species, well that is what say the description, that said i just made a hunt in WHI to hunt a pair of Turkeys for the last pack mission, and they came normally, i didn't tempted my luck, but they got as close as they normally do(almost 20 mts) i was using B&C set, and a dog, i was prone and got the 2 males under 40mts one almost at 20, they showed no signs to spook. Maybe something went wrong with the Ghillie suit, but i didn't noticed any weird behavior with the Turkeys.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/vonh ... n/85954378

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Djehmli
Tracker

Post by Djehmli »

DYEUZ wrote:
Djehmli wrote:Apologies if this has been answered:

1. What was the EM$ to membership remaining ratio?
I got 12.3ems per day left .

Thank you Dyeuz
Spoiler:

Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Nockedup wrote:
Tod1d wrote:

Turkeys have no sense of smell, therefore scent eliminator does not have any affect on them.
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

Hawkeye wrote:Turkeys have no sense of smell, therefore scent eliminator does not have any affect on them.
Ok, if you say so, and to each his own, but just like they used to say in the Old Spice commercials... I'll never leave home without it! :D
Everyone in here knows that stranger things have happened in this game.
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Hawkeye wrote:
Nockedup wrote:
Tod1d wrote:

Turkeys have no sense of smell, therefore scent eliminator does not have any affect on them.
Turkeys were designed to not spook from scenting a player, but that doesn't mean it is still the case.
Half the game is the perception of what seems to work, and what doesn't, and has nothing to do with the intention of the design.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

:roll: Sometimes i spook a animal under a treestand, the sun shine behind me and it seems like he saw my shadow on the ground? or my dog in stay modus?
Not sure but i play most of the time with my german pointer and if i send him to find a deer (somestimes) he spook other animals but not deers in this moment.
or he spook a rabbit ... that spook a hog ... the hog spook an elk and the elk runs to the turkeys ... all the turkeys fly away ... what a day.

or you make a hunt and kill one animal after another with a single shot just drop on the spot :o nice bow hunting but a hunt later i miss :x one after another (body shots) ... or it feel like they loose in the first 20 meter maybe 100 liter blood and 80% of heal :oops: but they still run in the sunset ... and your scent hound sit down and send you a big :?: what do you ant from me :twisted:

somestimes animals ignore calling, sent lures or decoys ... and somestimes they just run into you and ignore the bad wind or bad clothes.

seems all random like the scores^^

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”