Status Update - 8th of May 2019

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Status Update - 8th of May 2019

Post by caledonianblues »

None of the bird species in the game can detect smell, but they do have significantly increased vision. At least that's the design. That's not to say there couldn't be a bug.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Last night I back to the same spot, only can bag one Tom at 39mts that was the 4th the moment he show from a bump I instantly shot him with parker, 3 more flee at 40, 45 and 35mts; same spot I bag 4 coyotes, 1 cow elk, 1 doe and 1 chicken (that one came from behind/right of my TS position), all those using Ghillie Suit, I track a BT I shot on the run with buckshot, before start tracking the buck I change my clothes to 3D Summer Cammo and on the lake another tom call I prone and start to call him and I raise and shot it at 26mts, this time seems he never manage to see me and I was on more open space, the difference the clothes, so maybe Toms can see better the Ghillie Suit than other animals.
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

caledonianblues wrote:None of the bird species in the game can detect smell, but they do have significantly increased vision. At least that's the design. That's not to say there couldn't be a bug.
What? There are no bugs in this game! :lol:
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

mapache01 wrote:Wow!! thanks Hoocairs, if all still works like that, that's a great table to consider animals senses.
I believe it is pretty accurate still. Feral hogs sense me in the high towers and run on LP while deer don't for example, which could be explained by their higher smelling ability.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

I was just wondering because it's Wednesday today, has TK indicated how often (Weekly, Monthly) he anticipates that we should be getting Status Updates with this new Model?

Wetland
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

Wetland wrote:I was just wondering because it's Wednesday today, has TK indicated how often (Weekly, Monthly) he anticipates that we should be getting Status Updates with this new Model?

Wetland
like the weeks before ... seems we lost our CM or he just wait after the next stream and hide like a rabbit in his hole and wait until the next storm is over :?:

but anyway ... we can ignore himself and without any news ---> he have nothing to say to his little com in this forum, facebook or twitter

what would you belive from a man with big antlers on the head :?:

so the bla bla bla goes on and the end of the game is near ... or not ... whatever
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Wetland wrote:I was just wondering because it's Wednesday today, has TK indicated how often (Weekly, Monthly) he anticipates that we should be getting Status Updates with this new Model?
I don't recall reading anything about the frequency of future updates, or indeed if they will even be a regular thing any more. Update implies a change, or something new to discuss. If content tapers off as many have speculated, then the only thing I can envisage warranting an update, would be events.
Hunt_Training
Tracker

Post by Hunt_Training »

HooCairs wrote:Years ago someone dug up a config file showing how species hear, smell or see players.
[...]
Seeing mechanics was explained in detail here:
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=33120

Edit: Found the source: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 19#p496719
Thank you very much, Hoo! I always wanted to know more about the limits of the visual model applied for the animals and your link is a precious one for that! :)

I was even wondering what other factors (apart camo clothings) could be of help to avoid being seen by the animals, e.g. staying in shadow areas or against a low contrast area (as appearing from the animal point of view); but I guess such further aspects have not been modeled at all (I think they could have made the detection algorithms way too complicated to code for this game's level of simulation/realism).

About the incremented reactivity of Turkeys, experienced by someone, I can just say that I have not observed any change: my last Turkeys were for the "Drumstick's Dinner" mission, five days ago in northern WI, shot with a 12 GA from 15-18 meters (after 3-4 attempts/fleeing); I was crouching (or prone) and wearing a Summer Forest Camo (no decoy, no Scent Elim. neither Face Paint, no Tree/Tripod Stand... everything was as usual for me).

In contrast, I'm having no luck with the "King of the Mule" mission... from that I deduce each different player has got a single, special change to animal senses ;) just to make the things a little more salty after 10 years. :lol:

I don't think he has written anything about that, but I have to say I'm not using the Discord server (that, I have read, seems more used than the Forum by TK during this period).
My summary stats (current Hunting Season):
Spoiler:

mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

For the Mule Deer I end using the .44 Magnum!! Also use it 2 more times before shooting the correct mule score and range according to the mission.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Wetland
well given the fact that this is probably the biggest change to THC in its 10 years and the forum have been buzzing with questions. the community manager has only made an appearance twice. once for this SU and again to let us know who won the tshirt comp . He was very vocal and active right up until the switch. I feel TK may have been pulled off this forum to deal with what EW now deem more pressing matters. i cant imagine we will see a huge deal of him moving forward

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”