Status Update - 25th April 2019

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 25th April 2019

Post by VonStratos »

Nockedup wrote:One thing that I experienced today using the Steam Launcher was this. I was on a hunt, decided to fast travel to a tent and hop into the store to buy some First Aid Kits. Bought them, popped back into the game, didn't get the popup message saying that I had received a package from the store, so I looked in my inventory and the First Aid Kits I just purchased were not in my inventory. They didn't show up in there until I quit the hunt.

Does that sort of thing happen often with the Steam Launcher?
I have made purchases while in-game with Steam launcher and the items get delivered, you just have to go into a lodge or tent, but i haven't done in the last month or so, so i cant say if that was changed or it was some bug.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
forester
Tracker

Post by forester »

i am on steam for a long time now and i alt/tab out and buy stuff all the time and it works fine for me.

alot of this speculation could have easily been avoided if they would have just explained a lil on the post that came out on the 25th. but if i remember mat said they will explain more this comming week , so lets just wait and see what will happen .
Last edited by Hawkeye on April 29th, 2019, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

HooCairs wrote:
Skybird wrote:
HooCairs wrote:Cut comps? Good bye Hoo.
I am with the game since late 2012 - and I never have played even one single competition - zero interest. The immersion factor is what keeps me going after the Hunter worlds, not some number mumbo jumbo. Nice if that is your cup of tea, but note that maybe your choice of tea is not everybody'S choice of tea at all.
In my post I was the only person leaving when comps stop. ;)
I believe competitions and statistics are a huge part of this game, for a large number of players. To put things into perspective, the UHC website (a fan site with no advertising outside of this forum) revolves around those two things almost exclusively and there are around 1500 users. They might not all be active users, but they all signed up for competitions and/or statistics. There's no denying the fact that they're an integral and extremely important part of the game. It's not about whether they're your cup of tea. The fact is if they disappeared, the game would be different immediately and the disruption within the player base would be nothing short of catastrophic. Thinking otherwise is naive and shortsighted.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

HooCairs wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Maybe, EW plans on using that new business model for tHc, whilst they are in the midst of revamping tHc into V 2.0 with a new engine
Good stuff. Keep talking! :P
LOL Keep Dreaming
Spoiler:
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Nockedup wrote:One thing that I experienced today using the Steam Launcher was this. I was on a hunt, decided to fast travel to a tent and hop into the store to buy some First Aid Kits. Bought them, popped back into the game, didn't get the popup message saying that I had received a package from the store, so I looked in my inventory and the First Aid Kits I just purchased were not in my inventory. They didn't show up in there until I quit the hunt.

Does that sort of thing happen often with the Steam Launcher?
I've played exclusively from the steam launcher for quite some time and can say that, no, this isn't typical. You're meant to get your items from the in-game store instantly regardless. I haven't played this 'season' but I don't think they changed that, at least.

My two cents--the old model was very outdated and bad. The new one might be better; I'll wait and see but I'm pleased with it. My main concern is this:

I hope that ammo replenishment will be purchasable monthly still, even if an EM-only option. I don't wanna have to buy ammo in individual packs with GMs.
A convenience-thing, really.

But I definitely wouldn't assume they're cutting content, or bug-fixing or development. I hope not, anyway. A lot of comments seem quite negative and alarmist but honestly most of EW's rolled-out fixes, competitions, missions and content have about the amount of bugs you'd expect, and if you look at it objectively they were releasing quite a lot throughout the first half of the year. Go back through the status updates, really!
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

TheSheWolf wrote:I hope that ammo replenishment will be purchasable monthly still, even if an EM-only option. I don't wanna have to buy ammo in individual packs with GMs.[/b] A convenience-thing, really.
Maybe there is going to be a pop-up after you have just shot:

How would you prefer to pay for your shot?
- 1em$
- 15gm$
- Paypal
- Credit Card
- Steam Wallet

Remember that you can set up a direct debiting procedure to facilitate this process.
To set this up call 1-800-PAY-SHOT.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

It has been clear that in the last year and the last months EW has made minimal development into the game, but other than the reskins the thing that got more development were the competitions and missions, it would be counterproductive imo, to spent the time into develop and implement competitions and missions just to get them removed in a change that they knew it would be made soon, i mean Magpie Goose and Dall Sheep Competitions were just released in March 20th, when they knew the about the change, and i guess they knew what is gonna be keep and what is gonna be cut(if something) in the game content

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

TheSheWolf wrote:But I definitely wouldn't assume they're cutting content, or bug-fixing or development. I hope not, anyway.
I can almost certainly guarantee you that this change means the team is being slashed. If not completely then down to a skeleton crew. Bug fixes and content are not going to continue. I think the best we can hope for are some last bug fixes before the change, and maybe the odd re-skin here and there. There's just no way they will be able to afford anything else with the new model.
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

Its a reasonable assumption that the game will not be further developed so why is this a good idea to a lot of you ?

How can anyone think they will continue a lot of things that are good in game FOR nothing in return ?
So that leaves me with the opinion it is going to cost more in the long run to play game.
Like cost for ammo or game is done.

IMO it will be the end of game in a very short time no one works for nothing, that my friends is the sad truth
Hynu
Tracker

Post by Hynu »

Look at it this way, regardless of the change, the game probably wasn't going to be developed anymore anyway, hence the need for the changes in the first place. That is a clear indication EW were not making enough money from it and/or want to reshuffle their pack and focus more on COTW...the far more popular game right now (whether we like to admit it or not). It makes total sense from a business point of view.

The reason I am being positive about it personally, is two fold, the pricing will encourage new players, and secondly hopefully encourage old players to return. All in all it will add to the longevity of Classic, not kill it.

I'd counter some of what is being said here and dare suggest without these changes the game WOULD HAVE definitely died off sooner than it should, IMO this will breathe new life into it. I think you all should be more positive :o

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”