Status Update - 25th April 2019

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
L3M182
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 25th April 2019

Post by L3M182 »

Hynu wrote:
Anita Ruling wrote:
Skybird wrote:Just imagine, imagine for a moment only, that they planned something better than many of you assume - must they not be be completely pi$$ed then when reading how fanatically many of you guys here try to imply they have only the meaniest and most malicious of intentions...?
Please cite one example where EW has ever planned anything in the last year and a half that went well. Just one, please. And that was with full staff of "experts" and the full support of Avalanche and Nordick.

And now you say imagine if they planned something better. I'm laughing out loud.
To be honest that's just simply toxic and all this crap chat is not really relevant at all. How about we wait and see. The negativity will kill this game, not EW.

well it is relevant, EW do have a proven track record of having issues with big updates, changes and releases. this is gona be arguably the biggest change yet so its a case of history vs blind optimism. hes not being toxic hes being realistic
all he asks for 1 example and thats a fair ask. frankly to do such a big change to the membership model it requires a tone of little changes that will make a big difference. and the company focus has clearly not been on classic for some months now. its probably going to go brilliantly
Hynu
Tracker

Post by Hynu »

Well, I'll meet you half way, it is relevant in the sense that EW are not trusted by some, however it also isn't, as this is an update to the business model NOT the game itself, so it is not like the game is going to fall apart and bugs will pop up all over the shop :)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Skybird wrote:Some things likely will not be like they were, yes. Forum maybe, online competitions, statistics servers - anything that demands active maintenace and management.
You say this as if this was just a minor cut, yet it is at the core of the game. Cut comps? Good bye Hoo. Cut stats? Good bye pretty much everyone else.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Maybe, EW plans on using that new business model for tHc, whilst they are in the midst of revamping tHc into V 2.0 with a new engine, this way we can still play the Hunter Classic as it is now, while they do all the work behind the scenes. Well, we can always dream, or be angry, either way this game rocks, enjoy what you have now. And if you don't like it, so what. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

BCKidd wrote:Maybe, EW plans on using that new business model for tHc, whilst they are in the midst of revamping tHc into V 2.0 with a new engine
Good stuff. Keep talking! :P
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

HooCairs wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Maybe, EW plans on using that new business model for tHc, whilst they are in the midst of revamping tHc into V 2.0 with a new engine
Good stuff. Keep talking! :P
:lol: :lol: Jus' tryin' to throw some sunshine your way Hoo. :lol: Respect.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Skybird
Hunter

Post by Skybird »

HooCairs wrote:
Skybird wrote:Some things likely will not be like they were, yes. Forum maybe, online competitions, statistics servers - anything that demands active maintenace and management.
You say this as if this was just a minor cut, yet it is at the core of the game. Cut comps? Good bye Hoo. Cut stats? Good bye pretty much everyone else.
I am with the game since late 2012 - and I never have played even one single competition - zero interest. The immersion factor is what keeps me going after the Hunter worlds, not some number mumbo jumbo. Nice if that is your cup of tea, but note that maybe your choice of tea is not everybody'S choice of tea at all. I for example never drink tea, I prefer Espresso.

I did some screenshots of landscapes for screensaver purposes. I did rarely those trophy shots. I did not buy into the trophy hut game stuff as well. Not interested.

The virtual sandbox world the Hunter provides - that is heart and core of the game. Without it, you many guys probably would not care for statistics and comeptitions at all! ;) So you see, what for you is "at the core of the game", to me is completely irrelevant. And I am not alone with that taste of mine. ;) Many people use the game as a mini couch holiday, a walk-in-the-park-simulator. And of these people you do not hear often, if at all, in the forums, there is nothing in the forums for such people. I knew some of them over the years, however.

But okay, jedem Tierchen sein Pläsierchen.
hours: >960 / Hunter Score: >8400
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I wonder how many pages of speculation will have this thread in May 6th, if TreeKiwi can get us some info on the ammo it will clean a lot of worries i think, personally i dont see this change as a good or bad thing, i have played under F2p a lot, so is just a change from one business model i know to another i also know, one thing i can tell about F2P however, there is such thing as a free meal, EW need(rightfully) make profits, they keep this game for that, not for charity, and i wont blame them for it, i am happy The Hunter Classic will last at least for this year, or so i hope, and what the future hold i dont know, but as long the game is online and i can make some hunts to go in and relax, so i will do.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, sure will know when the change is done, but letting us know the answer for at least of some of the most asked questions would provide some peace of mind around here. this thread is starting to feel like one of those where passions arise and then some harsh words are spoken, eventually the only people happy are the mods who finally get some action in this pacific forum. :lol:

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

One thing that I experienced today using the Steam Launcher was this. I was on a hunt, decided to fast travel to a tent and hop into the store to buy some First Aid Kits. Bought them, popped back into the game, didn't get the popup message saying that I had received a package from the store, so I looked in my inventory and the First Aid Kits I just purchased were not in my inventory. They didn't show up in there until I quit the hunt.

Does that sort of thing happen often with the Steam Launcher?
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Skybird wrote:
HooCairs wrote:Cut comps? Good bye Hoo.
I am with the game since late 2012 - and I never have played even one single competition - zero interest. The immersion factor is what keeps me going after the Hunter worlds, not some number mumbo jumbo. Nice if that is your cup of tea, but note that maybe your choice of tea is not everybody'S choice of tea at all.
In my post I was the only person leaving when comps stop. ;)
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”