Status Update - 25th April 2019

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
vsaet
Hunter

Re: Status Update - 25th April 2019

Post by vsaet »

abslayer wrote:Its a reasonable assumption that the game will not be further developed so why is this a good idea to a lot of you ?

How can anyone think they will continue a lot of things that are good in game FOR nothing in return ?
So that leaves me with the opinion it is going to cost more in the long run to play game.
Like cost for ammo or game is done.

IMO it will be the end of game in a very short time no one works for nothing, that my friends is the sad truth
When I read your post I felt that I have to report something I saw earlier in the Facebook page of THC. A lot of people who feel happy with the new model because they believe that now they can play as long as they want freely, thing that was not possible when a license was required. My feeling is that the majority of players (on Steam) at the present moment are players of the style Facebook F2P games. They are interesting only to the shooting side of the game and not the competition or mission one. They believe that the game will be all free :lol: And I saw post of the style "the stupid time and players who paid for years" That demonstrate the style ,that always hate, of the proper Steam players,hopefully not all but a big part of them :? .
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

Hynu wrote:Look at it this way, regardless of the change, the game probably wasn't going to be developed anymore anyway, hence the need for the changes in the first place. That is a clear indication EW were not making enough money from it and/or want to reshuffle their pack and focus more on COTW...the far more popular game right now (whether we like to admit it or not). It makes total sense from a business point of view.

The reason I am being positive about it personally, is two fold, the pricing will encourage new players, and secondly hopefully encourage old players to return. All in all it will add to the longevity of Classic, not kill it.

I'd counter some of what is being said here and dare suggest without these changes the game WOULD HAVE definitely died off sooner than it should, IMO this will breathe new life into it. I think you all should be more positive :o
let make things clear. EW make a mistake in 2 ways. First the COTW is a stand alone game that bring money only by sale the game itself and a minor party from DLC's . How many games can sale? 10-20-30000 or maybe more. I saw that they make continuous discound to sale. Players from the moment that the game has no possibility to buy credits and have no competitions it will be bored in 1 or 2 years if they not change. In the other side THC new model,depending the changes,without further development, with only the money from em$ have no life to. I can't understand what they want to make that way. I feel bad management there. And we saw last years many interesting people and devs that worked there leaving the boat. That is the situation in my opinion a bad management.
jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

This is tough news, I guess they had to start the wind-down sometime, but this game has a great hunting model, far better then call of the wild. I just wish they could have blended the graphics of COTW with the Game-play, Statistics, Comps and missions of Classic.
Thanks, ~Jeff

Jimmy1508
Hunter

Post by Jimmy1508 »

And what about the activation of the retail box versions?

What will happen with activation code site from BOX versions of theHunter: Classic after 6th May?
https://www.thehunter.com/activation?lang=en_US

Same with BOX content. If the player will activate it after 6th May, he will automatically get EM$ instead of Membership?
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Hynu wrote:Well, I'll meet you half way, it is relevant in the sense that EW are not trusted by some, however it also isn't, as this is an update to the business model NOT the game itself, so it is not like the game is going to fall apart and bugs will pop up all over the shop :)
granted its not a "gameplay" update but look at the whole picture. for instance its now going to be wall to wall FTP. that means a surge in players who have no investment in the game or their profile. need i remind you why they came out with comps just for guests for the free species?. it just got hacked, and cheated to death by guests who either got away with it or were banned only to create another account. now imagine that for all species in all comps. now top that off with the prospect of a skeleton crew working on classic moving forward. How well will this be policed?. not to mention community comp prizes will disappear with the web launcher if the gift EM$ feature doesn't transfer. so with those 2 little easy to over look points you can put a scythe through comps which is a massive part of the game.

see what im getting at? and thats just one aspect of the game as a whole
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

forester wrote:if recruit a friend is changed so when he or she buys em$ he gets a reward .and gifting em$ is possible then people could buy em$ on a second account get a reward but gift the em$ to their main account lol

seems the thread is getting to whom can find a way to sorta cheat hmmmm. why dont people just go the easy way and just buy em$ when needed and just enjoy the game .
Not sure what you mean by this. Currently, a player could buy a membership on a 2nd account & get the Recruit a Friend reward. Changing that to purchasing em$ doesn't change this dynamic at all. It's possible now, and could be possible in the future under a changed plan. Either way, EW is still getting paid, so not sure they'd really care if this was being abused for rewards.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

L3M182 wrote:
Hynu wrote:Well, I'll meet you half way, it is relevant in the sense that EW are not trusted by some, however it also isn't, as this is an update to the business model NOT the game itself, so it is not like the game is going to fall apart and bugs will pop up all over the shop :)
granted its not a "gameplay" update but look at the whole picture. for instance its now going to be wall to wall FTP. that means a surge in players who have no investment in the game or their profile. need i remind you why they came out with comps just for guests for the free species?. it just got hacked, and cheated to death by guests who either got away with it or were banned only to create another account. now imagine that for all species in all comps. now top that off with the prospect of a skeleton crew working on classic moving forward. How well will this be policed?. not to mention community comp prizes will disappear with the web launcher if the gift EM$ feature doesn't transfer. so with those 2 little easy to over look points you can put a scythe through comps which is a massive part of the game.

see what im getting at? and thats just one aspect of the game as a whole

You are right for the most of your post, and i agree with what you said about the competitions, i played as guest and i suffered from those "issues" in the guest competitions, and i am worried that may get normal in the future with unified competitions, however the good news are that prizes for community comps are not under immediate threat, because the ems gift can be purchased and redeemed in the website, no need for a launcher, so at least while there is a website there is the ems gifts. But then again we dont know yet if the new model will make some changes to that feature too.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
zacht180

Post by zacht180 »

These are definitely some great changes! I agree with many others, I think it's for the best.

I went ahead and tried to renew my subscription so I could give my last credit card-hoorah to EW and their amazing product, seem to be having some issues though. Are you not able to purchase a license until the 6th as well?

Edit: Disregard last, just took a bit longer than usual to show.
BlindTyldak
Outfitter

Post by BlindTyldak »

Question: if this new business model really takes off and the financial gains make it worth it, would EW reconsider and add a team again for new content (assuming the current team is going to be dissolved)?
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Postby BlindTyldak » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:54 am

Question: if this new business model really takes off and the financial gains make it worth it, would EW reconsider and add a team again for new content (assuming the current team is going to be dissolved)?

Why should they? if it makes a profit doing nothing, why rock the boat.

At this point I am just disheartened because we probably will no longer be running tournaments since I feel cheating will go unchecked, and no way to award gift codes if cheating is policed.
On the flip side I will just play for free now along with most of the player base until it is completely transferred to someone else or disappears. I am sure there will now be more players, unfortunately there will be less payers so...
Last edited by DHRifleman on April 30th, 2019, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”