Status Update - 25th April 2019

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Re: Status Update - 25th April 2019

Post by DHRifleman »

Skybird wrote:
HooCairs wrote:
Skybird wrote:Some things likely will not be like they were, yes. Forum maybe, online competitions, statistics servers - anything that demands active maintenace and management.
You say this as if this was just a minor cut, yet it is at the core of the game. Cut comps? Good bye Hoo. Cut stats? Good bye pretty much everyone else.
I am with the game since late 2012 - and I never have played even one single competition - zero interest. The immersion factor is what keeps me going after the Hunter worlds, not some number mumbo jumbo. Nice if that is your cup of tea, but note that maybe your choice of tea is not everybody'S choice of tea at all. I for example never drink tea, I prefer Espresso.

I did some screenshots of landscapes for screensaver purposes. I did rarely those trophy shots. I did not buy into the trophy hut game stuff as well. Not interested.

The virtual sandbox world the Hunter provides - that is heart and core of the game. Without it, you many guys probably would not care for statistics and comeptitions at all! ;) So you see, what for you is "at the core of the game", to me is completely irrelevant. And I am not alone with that taste of mine. ;) Many people use the game as a mini couch holiday, a walk-in-the-park-simulator. And of these people you do not hear often, if at all, in the forums, there is nothing in the forums for such people. I knew some of them over the years, however.

But okay, jedem Tierchen sein Pläsierchen.
If you don't care about animal scores and stats then why not just play CoTW as that is the main difference between the 2 games. Maybe why you think all this as great news if the comps, stats, events etc... go away since you really don't care about them. As for my posts, I am only stating what seems quite obvious to me since I have been playing longer than the game has been available to all ;)
Last edited by DHRifleman on April 30th, 2019, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Hawkeye wrote:
forester wrote:if recruit a friend is changed so when he or she buys em$ he gets a reward .and gifting em$ is possible then people could buy em$ on a second account get a reward but gift the em$ to their main account lol

seems the thread is getting to whom can find a way to sorta cheat hmmmm. why dont people just go the easy way and just buy em$ when needed and just enjoy the game .
Not sure what you mean by this. Currently, a player could buy a membership on a 2nd account & get the Recruit a Friend reward. Changing that to purchasing em$ doesn't change this dynamic at all. It's possible now, and could be possible in the future under a changed plan. Either way, EW is still getting paid, so not sure they'd really care if this was being abused for rewards.
Because they buy a gift code on the second account that was recruited and give it to the recruiting account so the recruiting account ends up with all the benefit.. Then they recruit another bogus account and rinse and repeat. Get more em$ for the same money.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Skybird
Hunter

Post by Skybird »

Skybird wrote: If you don't care about animal scores and stats then why not just play CoTW as that is the main difference between the 2 games. Maybe why yo u all this as great news if the comps, stats, events etc... go away since you really don't care about them. As for my posts, I am only stating what seems quite obvious to me since I have been playing longer than the game has been available to all ;)
As I said in this or the other thread I actually play both games, the one on PC, the other on PS. Beyond that you can leave the decisions on what I play, and why, and when I maybe will not do so anymore, safely to me: the decision is in good hands that way - the hands where it belongs. ;)
hours: >960 / Hunter Score: >8400
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hey Hunters,

Please note I have added some more information regarding the up and coming changes and you can find it HERE

Have a good weekend!

Mat
stanislav _SSR_

Post by stanislav _SSR_ »

On rifles of 308 caliber are not put cartridges in the slot, in the inventory! Bugs a lot! here is the update! The mission with the black-tailed deer does not close! I shoot a baribal with 8 * 57, he does not protect me for him, in the statistics he writes like he shot with a canister!
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Issue after patch:

Silent hit from Bow (or Crossbow) animal dont spoke and even inujerd walk toward tower.

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/eras ... /645809872

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/eras ... /645833969

.22 Pistol Grasshopper is too weak now, cant harvest Turkey even from 4m

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/eras ... /645791417

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/eras ... /645773789
Hammerark
Spotter

Post by Hammerark »

Well I'll be returning to Classic now for sure. I am always contemplating re subbing due to the large amount of items I have in my account but the hours I put into the game didn't make it worthwhile. This free structure for the main game is perfect for someone like me and it will likely mean I will invest in some more weapons. Good move!
Paylesspotions

I can't buy ems

Post by Paylesspotions »

I have been trying for 2 hours to buy 2,000 ems but it can't connect to steam and I don't see steam settings in the laucher
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Re: I can't buy ems

Post by TheSheWolf »

Paylesspotions wrote:I have been trying for 2 hours to buy 2,000 ems but it can't connect to steam and I don't see steam settings in the laucher
Hey bud! This probably isn't the best place for you to receive help. Try instead this thread and its links:

https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=54487
Zackary0828

Post by Zackary0828 »

So im told there are now new updates coming back to the game and a new dev team if true this is amzaing new and thank you for coming back to this game new ada
Ditons to the hc would be amazing amd im glad to see sales back even for the weekends. I can think of many things that a lot of players would fimd adding realism to the game or just make the game better not thats its not already amazing already

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”