Status Update - 25th April 2019

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
toxicdog
Spotter

Re: Status Update - 25th April 2019

Post by toxicdog »

Thanks TK for staying at work late and finally disclosing the new plans. Since I'm new I am greatly relieved and like the new model. Replayability is very high here and I look forward to bringing in may of the steam users who didn't like the old model. Excellent work.
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

So what does this mean for those of us who have played through the website/launcher since day one?
I understand that we now have to move to steam, but what do we loose in the process - if anything?

Ze_pikenu

Post by Ze_pikenu »

Can we expect new reserves ? Or is it all over and parked from now on?
Apenas relaxe e caçe.
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

The only thing I'm not too keen about is the idea of having to play the game through Steam. Is the direct link to the Launcher going to go away completely?
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Nockedup wrote:The only thing I'm not too keen about is the idea of having to play the game through Steam. Is the direct link to the Launcher going to go away completely?
May i ask why you would prefer to use the normal launcher instead of steam?
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
Ringalor
Tracker

Post by Ringalor »

Excellent news ! That's the best thing for the future of this game. I think HC has no real future against CoW. I'm having a hard time living it, but I'm slowly migrating to CoW, which I thought was impossible a few months ago ... (It's a bit like Train Simulator 2019 and Train Sim World , I did not want to leave TS 2019 because I had invested a lot of money over time, as in HC, but the future is in the new graphics engine, etc ...) So, I only have a word to say: long live the future!
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

DarkHunterXX wrote:
Nockedup wrote:The only thing I'm not too keen about is the idea of having to play the game through Steam. Is the direct link to the Launcher going to go away completely?
Well, I myself and at least one other hunter I know, have had more disconnects playing through Steam than through the Launcher. It seems as though if Steam is updating for other games, which they do all the time, it interrupts theHunter gameplay.
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Nockedup wrote:
DarkHunterXX wrote:
Well, I myself and at least one other hunter I know, have had more disconnects playing through Steam than through the Launcher. It seems as though if Steam is updating for other games, which they do all the time, it interrupts theHunter gameplay.
You can make it so Steam only updates games when you're not playing at all.
Spoiler:
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

BuiuRei wrote:You can make it so Steam only updates games when you're not playing at all.
That might be helpful. Would you mind explaining to me how to set Steam up that way?
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:

BigGameHunter_21
Scout

Post by BigGameHunter_21 »

Villkatta wrote:So what does this mean for those of us who have played through the website/launcher since day one?
I understand that we now have to move to steam, but what do we loose in the process - if anything?
There’s free steam stuff, 100 camping supplies scent eliminator etc so you gain some :)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”