This Weeks Status Update

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: This Weeks Status Update

Post by Hawkeye »

JamboWhoDat wrote:
drakle wrote:Good to know we’re finally gonna learn about the new model; I don’t mind waiting a day longer.
They only mention they will give us a business update. That doesn't necessarily mean they will be ready to tell us all about the new business model. Remember in the very first mention of a new business model, they said it would be sometime in summer, and that is still a couple months away.
Actually, he said "before summer".
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Not sure why everyone is waiting for an update. My gut feeling is that an update won't be for the better. You can wait with that update another three years what I am concerned. :P
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i think its pretty logical , obvious, why people want to know about classic status. is it going to continue ? people just dont know.
toxicdog
Spotter

Post by toxicdog »

Banteng Missions are up, this was the last animal without any
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Well we have been expecting news about the new business model for months now, so what is one day more, lets hope the news are worth all the wait.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

ronMctube wrote:i think its pretty logical , obvious, why people want to know about classic status. is it going to continue ? people just dont know.
I wonder why so many are concerned about continuing. Hasn't it been said very clearly that this is not the question? The question is rather how it will be continued, and here I hope that we will get new info today.

I personally think that we will not see more content in future, but the current volume of the game will be kept, and maybe we will still sometimes be entertained by some extra events. Otherwise, thC probably will now enter a "stationary phase", and EW's development will focus on COTW which very visibly is "catching up" content-wise now significantly.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

MonacoSteve wrote:I personally think that we will not see more content in future, but the current volume of the game will be kept, and maybe we will still sometimes be entertained by some extra events. Otherwise, thC probably will now enter a "stationary phase", and EW's development will focus on COTW which very visibly is "catching up" content-wise now significantly.
I would agree with this assessment. This theory also supports the removal of longer-term memberships, since it will give Expansive Worlds the option to cease the service at short notice. It would just be nice if they would be transparent about it, if this is the case. Maybe they will in today's update. I mean, it's pretty obvious already but it would be nice to see them admit it so players can make an informed decision about their future investment in the game. I'm sure many will be happy to continue paying to support the infrastructure even if there will be no more new content. I certainly would.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

MonacoSteve wrote:
ronMctube wrote:i think its pretty logical , obvious, why people want to know about classic status. is it going to continue ? people just dont know.
I wonder why so many are concerned about continuing. Hasn't it been said very clearly that this is not the question? The question is rather how it will be continued, and here I hope that we will get new info today.

I personally think that we will not see more content in future, but the current volume of the game will be kept, and maybe we will still sometimes be entertained by some extra events. Otherwise, thC probably will now enter a "stationary phase", and EW's development will focus on COTW which very visibly is "catching up" content-wise now significantly.
i have to watch what i say ive had the chop before for saying what you probably can say but i cant. :D . you actually did say something once a whole paragraph i said one line on same subject. guess who got reprimanded ? ;)

i share what you say . cotw will be developed now just like classic started out. i kinda guessed this would happen when it came out.i look forward to the news matt has for us. hopefully its great news . ;)
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

Hey Mat i like to see the .405 Lever Action Rifle Engraved in the sale two^^
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

I'm okay with no future new reserves and animals and will continue to support the game. But please fix all the bugs we have been requesting for years before you abandon development.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”