Status Update - 3rd April 2019

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 3rd April 2019

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Not sure about this new guy, EW_Mat. How come he wasnt introduced to us. And what ever happened to TreeKiwi, left without even saying goodbye ?
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

DanthemanBoone wrote:Not sure about this new guy, EW_Mat. How come he wasnt introduced to us. And what ever happened to TreeKiwi, left without even saying goodbye ?
LOL.....Dude.
Personal Bests...
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

DanthemanBoone wrote:Not sure about this new guy, EW_Mat. How come he wasnt introduced to us. And what ever happened to TreeKiwi, left without even saying goodbye ?
:lol: :lol: :D
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Do you still Identify as a KIWI or have you got dual citizenship Now.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
wintergoose
Outfitter

Post by wintergoose »

Thanks for the huntingfilm. I did not know there was Aoudads in Texas, thought they was in Africa. Googled them and found the history.
Sees there are my be around 25.000 of them in Texsas.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

DanthemanBoone wrote:Do you still Identify as a KIWI or have you got dual citizenship Now.
Always will be a Kiwi mate :) "You can take the boy out of New Zealand, but you can't take the New Zealand out of the boy!"
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Thanks for the new mission packs! :D

Hunt_Training
Tracker

Post by Hunt_Training »

HooCairs wrote:[...]
Tod1d wrote:get the tracking credit for 3 tracks
Do we know this still exists? Tried a few times figuring out how the tracking skill builds and the three tracks bonus seems messed up. Also if you only get one track, the animal appears as tracked now. Used to require three tracks.
Such bonus was actually there when I did some tests on the "new" species in Piccabeen Bay (Banteng, Rusa, Sambar, Water Buffalo), at its release (Dec2017-Jan2018); I did not check afterwards.

By the way, I don't know if any precise quantity/percentage has never been known (or told by EW) for such bonus on "first tracks set" (first 3 tracks), but from personal testing it seems modest: about +50% of the single track standard value, meaning that for (just the first) 3 tracks you would get a value corresponding to 3.5 tracks. That seems almost neglectible (expecially at highest levels of Tracking Skill).
Did anyboby find different (higher) values?

About the messed up statistics ("if you only get one track, the animal appears as tracked now"): lately I have not checked for the number of tracked animals, so I don't know if they look messed up for me too (maybe I will have a look).
For sure, since at least a month and half, my "Statistics > Hunt History" wrongly shows more collectables than the ones I actually found (and that are reported in the expedition's details). My hypotesis is that each collectable shed antler is wrongly counted as 2 (only on the summary row of "Statistics > Hunt History"), even if it is a single antler (not a double one); in fact, collectables different from shed antlers seem counted the right way also on the summary row of "Statistics > Hunt History".

Let's say that, if you are interested in statistical anomalies, tHC will not disappoint you. :)
Happy test... ehm, hunting!
My summary stats (current Hunting Season):
Spoiler:

elgrancazador
Spotter

Post by elgrancazador »

HooCairs wrote:
elgrancazador wrote:Until people are fed up with the same and the nonsense they are putting as the copy and paste of weapons, remove memberships, stupid objects like the car scares animals ... etc
Until I see a new reserve or a new species, I do not intend to hunt again, because every time I play I spend money that I can use on things that are important.
Why worry about stuff that you don't need. Simply disregard it and move on. Copying a weapon is very easy for them to do and opens a chance for a bit of income. Making a new reserve is too much of an investment for them at this point, there might be no payback. It is pointless for us to scorn their business decisions. They are a business.

Why stop playing? All you need to invest is for a membership. No other money required to enjoy the game at its fullest.
That's the problem, the money, and not the opinion of the player, you can also pay a membership every three months, I do not feel like doing that, because in the end it seems little, but it's quite the money you spend
Reggy
Scout

Post by Reggy »

EW_Mat wrote: Hey Reggy thanks for the quotes. Sadly they are still true! The Dev teams are separate, I am actually part of the marketing team :)
Hey Mat, thanks for the clarification. Surprised you responded but again Thank-You! Better understanding is always helpful. :D
As Hoo said, that's a tough job! ;)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”