Status Update - 3rd April 2019

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Djehmli
Tracker

Re: Status Update - 3rd April 2019

Post by Djehmli »

Thanks for the update, appreciate the time taken to keep the community up to date. There are too many other companies who do not bother, even on their own forums.

Also add me as a Ditto for a real life purchase of those t shirts, I have family members who would love to have too. I am not shy to admit I just purchased shirts for bethesda's 25th anniversary (dang I am getting gaming old as I still have unopend boxes of Arena and Daggerfall). Anniversary celebrations in the gaming world are a GOOD thing, with so many now released and then forgotten in less than a business quarter.
Spoiler:

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

I don't know if you can make a million off of these T-Shirts EW, but I think if you charge enough to cover all costs you should still make a nice tidy sum. I will do a poll to see how many people would buy a T-Shirt like that. I bet you will find the numbers encouraging!!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

JimboCrow wrote:I don't know if you can make a million off of these T-Shirts EW, but I think if you charge enough to cover all costs you should still make a nice tidy sum. I will do a poll to see how many people would buy a T-Shirt like that. I bet you will find the numbers encouraging!!
I think the biggest issue with a merchandise store would be the varying delivery costs and customs processes. Plus, they would open themselves up to all sorts of aspects of e-commerce that they don't currently have to think about; packaging, sizing issues resulting in returns, refunds, etc.

I think many years ago it might have been something to consider, but unless they were going to sell lots of merchandise and expand the product line to include other items, I think the hassle and initial outlay would negate any potential gain.

Not that I'm against the idea. I just imagine it being a bit of a hassle to get set up given the international audience.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

caledonianblues wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:I don't know if you can make a million off of these T-Shirts EW, but I think if you charge enough to cover all costs you should still make a nice tidy sum. I will do a poll to see how many people would buy a T-Shirt like that. I bet you will find the numbers encouraging!!
I think the biggest issue with a merchandise store would be the varying delivery costs and customs processes. Plus, they would open themselves up to all sorts of aspects of e-commerce that they don't currently have to think about; packaging, sizing issues resulting in returns, refunds, etc.

I think many years ago it might have been something to consider, but unless they were going to sell lots of merchandise and expand the product line to include other items, I think the hassle and initial outlay would negate any potential gain.

Not that I'm against the idea. I just imagine it being a bit of a hassle to get set up given the international audience.
Yeah, thanks cb. I kind of started thinking about that after I started the poll. :? It might be a nothing but a big pain. But if there were some way to make refunds "out of the question" without having to give the shirts away free, I would guess that might be the only possibility. And even then, it's probably just a pipe dream. But dude, I'd make that shirt look GOOD!!! :lol:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

They could set up a store on Zazzle or one of the many other "Custom T-shirt & gifts" sites. Then they wouldn't have to be bothered with the commerce side of it.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Tod1d wrote:They could set up a store on Zazzle or one of the many other "Custom T-shirt & gifts" sites. Then they wouldn't have to be bothered with the commerce side of it.
This is what I was thinking. Let somebody else handle that headache. Of course, I have no idea what countries they ship to.
toxicdog
Spotter

Post by toxicdog »

There are plenty of honest screen shops that would license the logo and save the shipping/customs, they do it all the time
aussieshooter
Spotter

Post by aussieshooter »

+1 for those willing to purchase this for real-life use. As long as the shirt was good quality I think it would be a good seller. I must agree with those long time members who seem to feel that the game is fading away a bit. I have started thinking about having something to remember the game and the many years I have enjoyed playing it. This shirt may fit the bill nicely.
caledonianblues wrote:

But just remember that COTW is still actively in development and expansion. So if they set up a EW store, that sells merchandise for both games, it may prove to be worth the investment. Perhaps not. But it may be something to consider, no point in not investing in something that may be profitable. When tHC meets its final sunset, then simply remove the merchandise that relates to the game.
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

I want that T-Shirt! Can anyone name the price and a billing address where I can transfer the money too? :P

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Pretty_Boy wrote:I want that T-Shirt! Can anyone name the price and a billing address where I can transfer the money too? :P
Well now, look who jus' popped in! Hello Pretty_Boy, ain't seen you around here for a while. Hope you are well. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”