Status Update - 3rd April 2019

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 3rd April 2019

Post by Hawkeye »

BigGameHunter_21 wrote:Want a real hunting sim, go play red dead :P
As great as RDR 2 is, a hunting sim it is not. That being said, what I wouldn't give to be able to have a horse/mule here in Classic that has that sort of bond/connection that you have with the horses in RDR2.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

elgrancazador wrote:What do you mean by that that the service is 100% available?
We got used to getting new content all the time, however EW is not obliged to add anything. As long as the servers are up and running and we can play, the service is available.

Enjoy the game while it lasts. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
elgrancazador
Spotter

Post by elgrancazador »

HooCairs wrote:
elgrancazador wrote:What do you mean by that that the service is 100% available?
We got used to getting new content all the time, however EW is not obliged to add anything. As long as the servers are up and running and we can play, the service is available.

Until people are fed up with the same and the nonsense they are putting as the copy and paste of weapons, remove memberships, stupid objects like the car scares animals ... etc
Until I see a new reserve or a new species, I do not intend to hunt again, because every time I play I spend money that I can use on things that are important.
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

elgrancazador wrote:
HooCairs wrote:

Until people are fed up with the same and the nonsense they are putting as the copy and paste of weapons, remove memberships, stupid objects like the car scares animals ... etc
Until I see a new reserve or a new species, I do not intend to hunt again, because every time I play I spend money that I can use on things that are important.
It is just buisness all the time.
Do you realy belive if you stop hunting they can´t sleep until they release something new?
haha we sitting in the same EW-Titanic here until the music stoped to play!
I can feel the cold water under my feet but ...

so enjoy your life or maybe play this game like everday would be the last :-)
BigGameHunter_21
Scout

Post by BigGameHunter_21 »

Hawkeye wrote:
BigGameHunter_21 wrote:Want a real hunting sim, go play red dead :P
As great as RDR 2 is, a hunting sim it is not. That being said, what I wouldn't give to be able to have a horse/mule here in Classic that has that sort of bond/connection that you have with the horses in RDR2.
It was a joke…
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Hey Lenny!! Flying rat missions!! Woohoo!! :lol:
Spoiler:

Say what you mean, mean what you say; decide upon it, do it, defend it. Keep an open mind, admit when you're wrong, forgive and forget.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

stancomputerhunter wrote: I think what you are saying is that you never look at what you post, after the fact, to see how it looks, or you would have known about it already. Another thought; I don't see any mention of 10 years, or 10 year anniversary on that t-shirt. Is there one?
Stan I think you should stop with the blind accusations... did you miss the part about it appearing on the PREVIEW page???
Yes, the back side of the T-shirt has some text that reads "Celebrating 10 Years of Digital Hunting".

Just chill Stan, one day you will work out I am on your side...
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

elgrancazador wrote:Until people are fed up with the same and the nonsense they are putting as the copy and paste of weapons, remove memberships, stupid objects like the car scares animals ... etc
Why worry about stuff that you don't need. Simply disregard it and move on. Copying a weapon is very easy for them to do and opens a chance for a bit of income. Making a new reserve is too much of an investment for them at this point, there might be no payback. It is pointless for us to scorn their business decisions. They are a business.

Why stop playing? All you need to invest is for a membership. No other money required to enjoy the game at its fullest.
Last edited by HooCairs on April 4th, 2019, 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Reggy wrote:
EW_Mat wrote:RE: Generation Zero - After having played the game... I have to say, it is very awesome!

It's worth putting a note in here for everyone. It is a totally different development team, separate from both the Classic and COTW teams. So production time will not be compromised in any shape or form :)
EW_Mat wrote:I hope you are having a good week, unfortunately due to the Generation Zero release, we are under the Pump and there will be no Status Update this week. However I will make up for it next week with double Trophy and Rare of the week competitions and a new competition for the community in general!
Have a good week all and again apologies, I can understand the potential disappointment!
Mat
Guessing this is one reason why no SU, it's huge. From Steam COTW - "Trophy Lodge - Open Beta Announcement Mar 29 @ 10:07am - TreeKiwi" https://steamcommunity.com/games/518790 ... 6325874439
EW_Mat wrote:... AC does COTW and Graham does Generation Zero. This has been communicated a number of times now.
EW_Mat wrote:(in the Status Update) - Apologies for last week and the lack of a Status Update, it was all hands on deck for Generation Zero and well… it was a crazy week!
Mat you are Classic's community manager & it doesn't sound like a different development team, separate from both Classic and COTW teams if you are unable to at least give a brief status update. Maybe the above is why a lot of people have lost trust in the forums and the overall communication from EW.

Anyway thanks for the update. T-Shirts look really good!
Hey Reggy thanks for the quotes. Sadly they are still true! The Dev teams are separate, I am actually part of the marketing team :)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

EW_Mat wrote:Hey Reggy thanks for the quotes. Sadly they are still true! The Dev teams are separate, I am actually part of the marketing team :)
You are technically correct, of course, but for most "devs" is equal to "EW". They don't distinguish between developers (e.g. programmers, animation and level designers) and the rest (e.g. management, HR/finance, marketing, sales). I can see where the confusion comes from.

I don't envy you for the tough job making sure every single post is understood, while having to avoid that you give too much insights into the company. ;)
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”