Status Update - 27th March 2019

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 27th March 2019

Post by curlyCoyote »

The "Even Arrows Can Slay a Beast - The furthest shot unspooked male Water Buffalo using any permitted Bow or Crossbow is your competition entry. Target must be hit in the heart or lungs. Other organs may be hit. Furthest shot wins." sounds really fun, but I think Andhii is going to win everyone one of them.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

BCKidd wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:
BCKidd wrote:It kinda bothers me that EW is selling the reskin of the .223. Considering what happened in Christchurch. In fact I would have expected that EW removed those rifles- to show solidarity, even if for only a few weeks. To come out with a reskin of that gun, after such an incident leaves a bad taste in my mouth, yeah it isn't the same high capacity, but it is indeed a military styled weapon, is it not? :? I'm probably wrong ofc, and it is only my own opinion. Thanks for the WB comps tho'. ;) Respectfully.

BCKidd.
OMG, the evil and fearful black rifles...
Look. I understand guns don’t kill people, people kill people. And as I said it is my own opinion, and you are as welcome to yours as I am to mine. Enuff, said. ;) Respect.

BCKidd.
Chillax, I'm not doing ad hominem here.
But as long as one is allowed to voice its opinions, others must be allowed to follow suit - even in a sarcastic fashion, as was my intention here.
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

:arrow: BuiuRei, understood. ;) Respectfully.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
BCKidd wrote:It kinda bothers me that EW is selling the reskin of the .223. Considering what happened in Christchurch. In fact I would have expected that EW removed those rifles- to show solidarity, even if for only a few weeks. To come out with a reskin of that gun, after such an incident leaves a bad taste in my mouth, yeah it isn't the same high capacity, but it is indeed a military styled weapon, is it not? :? I'm probably wrong ofc, and it is only my own opinion. Thanks for the WB comps tho'. ;) Respectfully.

BCKidd.
An AR-15 has NEVER been used in a military capacity anywhere in the world in its history. EVER. It is not a military weapon.
You should probably check your history. ;) They were used in Vietnam (In a limited capacity), in the '60s the Army & Airforce adopted them & ordered over 100,000.
They were also marketed & sold to foreign military. They were designed specifically for military use, with the goal of meeting US military requirements to succeed the M14.
In 1981-83 I used an M16 (XM16E1), Which is an AR-15 with a forward-assist lever added, to qualify as Sharpshooter in the Marine Corps. (Missed Expert by 4 points :( )
Coincidentally, when stripping it for cleaning I noticed that stamped inside the fore-stock covers was, "Mattel"! We all got a good chuckle out of that. :lol:

Even the newer "Colt Semi-Automatic AR-15", the civilian & law enforcement model (To which I assume you refer) was used by the military. The 601 & 602 models used by the Air Force & Special Ops.

Of course, none of that means that the weapon itself should be vilified, banned, or disregarded as a viable weapon for hunting, sport shooting, self-defense, or overthrowing a tyrannical government.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

the new .223 Semi-Automatic Rifle have not the same skill level like the camo version? a bug!!!
elgrancazador
Spotter

Post by elgrancazador »

caledonianblues wrote:
elgrancazador wrote:I'm still waiting for the survey, or new reservation and new interesting species
You're gonna be waiting a while. A survey is of course a possibility although I can't see what purpose it would serve at this stage. To see which mythical creature they add for Halloween maybe.
At least I think it is time for a new reservation and new animals, which has already been more than a year since the last reservation
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

muledeer wrote:the new .223 Semi-Automatic Rifle have not the same skill level like the camo version? a bug!!!
Usually they only share skills if the 3d model is exactly the same - and I'm not sure if that's the case here.
elgrancazador wrote:At least I think it is time for a new reservation and new animals, which has already been more than a year since the last reservation
I doubt that another species is likely, but I would really be surprised if we ever saw a new reserve.
Image Image Image
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
muledeer wrote:the new .223 Semi-Automatic Rifle have not the same skill level like the camo version? a bug!!!
Usually they only share skills if the 3d model is exactly the same - and I'm not sure if that's the case here.
Well, they do share the same rank.
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

BuiuRei wrote:Well, they do share the same rank.
Your're right, that means they should share skills too, correct? Well, I stopped trying to understand this system a while ago... :?
Image Image Image
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:Well, they do share the same rank.
Your're right, that means they should share skills too, correct? Well, I stopped trying to understand this system a while ago... :?
I think it's a bug. Surely.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”