Status Update - 20th of March 2019

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
muledeer
Hunter

Re: Status Update - 20th of March 2019

Post by muledeer »

I´ll try the new Ghillie suit in Hemmeldal an every thing is green on the huntermate screen^^
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

DYEUZ wrote:
TurboKid wrote:I don't believe going full blown making them quiet is the way to go.
...and why not i may ask !!??

Nothing will be done about it anyway . No more changes , improvements are on the '' bucket list '' with this game . What we have , is what we have !
If it were "None", then the only difference between this clothing & the Sneaky 3D Arctic Winter set would be this having Legendary visual reduction vs 3D having Excellent, making this new set superior in every way. Why, then, would anybody ever purchase the Sneaky 3D suit? To me, it doesn't make good business sense to spend development time and resources on a product that cannabalises sales of an existing product.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Hawkeye wrote:cannabalises
:mrgreen:
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Hawkeye wrote:
If it were "None", then the only difference between this clothing & the Sneaky 3D Arctic Winter set would be this having Legendary visual reduction vs 3D having Excellent, making this new set superior in every way. Why, then, would anybody ever purchase the Sneaky 3D suit? To me, it doesn't make good business sense ... to spend development time and resources on a product that cannabalises sales of an existing product.
Then why is there so many weapons that do the exact same thing !? Kill animals ! Why would one buy a .300 , when he has a 30-06 for example .

... for any outdoor , sports , businesses , to create a hunting suit , that will make noise when walking . ;)
Last edited by DYEUZ on March 21st, 2019, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

DYEUZ wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
If it were "None", then the only difference between this clothing & the Sneaky 3D Arctic Winter set would be this having Legendary visual reduction vs 3D having Excellent, making this new set superior in every way. Why, then, would anybody ever purchase the Sneaky 3D suit? To me, it doesn't make good business sense ... to spend development time and resources on a product that cannabalises sales of an existing product.
Then why is there so many weapons that do the exact same thing !? Kill animals ! Why would one buy a .300 , when he has a 30-06 for example .

... for any outdoor , sports , businesses , to create a hunting suit , that will make noise when walking . ;)
Players are more willing to purchase an assortment of weapons because the game is designed to incentivize them to do so. EW accomplishes this with the design of the Achievement system, the Hunter Score system and the profile customizations, along with various mission & competition requirements. All of these things reward the player who owns a variety of weapons.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Hawkeye wrote:
DYEUZ wrote:
TurboKid wrote:I don't believe going full blown making them quiet is the way to go.
...and why not i may ask !!??

Nothing will be done about it anyway . No more changes , improvements are on the '' bucket list '' with this game . What we have , is what we have !
If it were "None", then the only difference between this clothing & the Sneaky 3D Arctic Winter set would be this having Legendary visual reduction vs 3D having Excellent, making this new set superior in every way. Why, then, would anybody ever purchase the Sneaky 3D suit? To me, it doesn't make good business sense to spend development time and resources on a product that cannabalises sales of an existing product.

That seems the logic EW used, keep the clothes at a similar price of the other clothes but give a handicap to compensate for it, in my opinion that was a mistake, they could have done the Ghillie more expensive than normal camo clothes but without the noise handicap, a good example is when we compare the Doc Monsignor outfit and the newest English hunting outfit, they are the same but the latest have a bonus for rabbits, so is more expensive.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Hawkeye wrote:Players are more willing to purchase an assortment of weapons because the game is designed to incentivize them to do so. EW accomplishes this with the design of the Achievement system, the Hunter Score system and the profile customizations, along with various mission & competition requirements. All of these things reward the player who owns a variety of weapons.
All good points !

Still feels that many stuff in this game , failed miserably , in realism and that suit is one of them .
Only bought this green one because it was from a winning participant in a '' create a suit contest '' , a while back . Was disappointed the minute i saw how it worked .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

The only suit quieter in the woods than a Gillie, running, walking, sitting or standing is your BIRTHDAY SUIT. However, your gonna need a lot of face paint.
Spoiler:
Sp3aker

Post by Sp3aker »

VonStratos wrote:The backpack is pure cosmetic, but what i wonder is why not make it able to carry a second set of clothes in it? consider it, clothes dont add loading space so no need to increase load in the inventory, it would be ideal to carry both sets for "forest camo" and "field camo" and/or a Ghillie for those close encounters, walk in camo and switch to other clothes if needed, and wont be particularly unrealistic because what people carry on a backpack on excursions? spare clothes, it wont interfere with the items menu since clothes has an own menu and probably wont interfere with the loadouts either. i bet backpacks would sell a lot.
I really love this idea. Bumping it for visibilty
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

DYEUZ wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:Players are more willing to purchase an assortment of weapons because the game is designed to incentivize them to do so. EW accomplishes this with the design of the Achievement system, the Hunter Score system and the profile customizations, along with various mission & competition requirements. All of these things reward the player who owns a variety of weapons.
All good points !

Still feels that many stuff in this game , failed miserably , in realism and that suit is one of them .
Only bought this green one because it was from a winning participant in a '' create a suit contest '' , a while back . Was disappointed the minute i saw how it worked .
Yeah, that's a big negative with this business model, where decisions have to be made that prioritize revenue over realism. Then again, maybe theHunter wouldn't have lasted 10 years otherwise. Since we don't have access to those numbers, we can only speculate as to what the real impact is. I often wonder if the game were new today, if they wouldn't have a completely different business model that allows for realism, but still offers other items through microtransactions. Remember that 10 years ago when this game was created, microtransactions were very new in the industry, and many different, successful, models have evolved since that time. Who knows, maybe this upcoming change will address some of these concerns. That's my optimistic hope anyway.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”