Status Update - 20th of March 2019

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 20th of March 2019

Post by Hawkeye »

VonStratos wrote:The backpack is pure cosmetic, but what i wonder is why not make it able to carry a second set of clothes in it? consider it, clothes dont add loading space so no need to increase load in the inventory, it would be ideal to carry both sets for "forest camo" and "field camo" and/or a Ghillie for those close encounters, walk in camo and switch to other clothes if needed, and wont be particularly unrealistic because what people carry on a backpack on excursions? spare clothes, it wont interfere with the items menu since clothes has an own menu and probably wont interfere with the loadouts either. i bet backpacks would sell a lot.
Now this I could get behind.
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

muledeer wrote:yes please camo for hemmeldal as well :ugeek:
But the Sneaky 3D Winter Forest Camouflage gives camo for Hemmeldal!
Code: Select all
deerman30
Tracker

Post by deerman30 »

nachthexe wrote:
muledeer wrote:yes please camo for hemmeldal as well :ugeek:
But the Sneaky 3D Winter Forest Camouflage gives camo for Hemmeldal!
Well yes, but actually no.
the set gives camo but only in the forest areas. not the meadows or fields, unless they decide to either give it full camo or make a separate set.

I Love Big Racks
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Thanks for the update, a little dissapointed though.
The gillie suit is cool, but in my experience they just are not working as intended. Almost no camo at all. (read my bug report about it).

And no news about the model, it has been weeks now.
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

DarkHunterXX wrote: The gillie suit is cool, but in my experience they just are not working as intended.
... Cool for the look , yeah , but makes no sense to me that , any real life , outdoor sports company , would create a hunting suit that adds noise . For this reason , i almost never use the green one .
Said it couple times in the past , EW got this wrong . This suit needs to be made in some kind of material that will not make noise, like any regular hunting suits .

I'm sure those leaves are not made of plastic !! If this suit would turn around and reduce noise or not make any more than usual , it would be a great aid for us , hunters . Because , when you think about it , companies make hunting items for the hunters , to help them out , not to make animals hear you and spook when you walk .

Just my opinion .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

DYEUZ wrote:This suit needs to be made in some kind of material that will not make noise, like any regular hunting suits .
Exactly! It was a great idea and design when it came out but they went overboard with this whole "game balance" viewpoint on it - What's the point if you can't move around? You can wear jeans and a T-shirt and call an animal in while prone close enough to jerk on a long nose hair - the effectiveness of the green one and where it really adds some benefit is quite narrow -

i can see this white one beneficial if you want to hunt the cats on Hemm, there you probably have a application since they are supposed to be quite spooky, I wouldn't know haven't really went after them.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Never use a ghillie suit for that noise reason. There are three major ways to hunt.
- Stalk: If you stalk a skittish animal, what's the point of being less visible if you are louder.
- Call and wait: You can shoot every animal even with a bow if you do it right while wearing zero camo.
- Stands: No ghillie required either.

I only see disadvantages. Plus you look like someone who has never hunted and really needs every help possible. :D
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

There's a guy that I used to see pretty regularly during bow season. He always had on a ghillie suit and a blaze orange vest. Always made me laugh to see him :lol:

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
toxicdog
Spotter

Post by toxicdog »

I got a buddy that hunts with one and he always returns with about 10 extra pounds of the forest floor stuck to him :lol:
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

DYEUZ wrote:
... Cool for the look , yeah , but makes no sense to me that , any real life , outdoor sports company , would create a hunting suit that adds noise . For this reason , i almost never use the green one .
Said it couple times in the past , EW got this wrong . This suit needs to be made in some kind of material that will not make noise, like any regular hunting suits .

I'm sure those leaves are not made of plastic !! If this suit would turn around and reduce noise or not make any more than usual , it would be a great aid for us , hunters . Because , when you think about it , companies make hunting items for the hunters , to help them out , not to make animals hear you and spook when you walk .

Just my opinion .
In my opinion the gillie suit should only make sound when moving. Give a lot of visiual reduction (field and forest). I have made a bug report a few weeks back. (https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=89651)
As i said there, i have also a good feeling that the visual reduction is just not working (read my story there).

I want a fix before buying any more of the gillie clothes.
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”