Status Update - 20th of March 2019

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
xOEDragonx

Re: Status Update - 20th of March 2019

Post by xOEDragonx »

Same as all the above. I have the summer forest one but don't think I've ever used it and probably never will because it's more a disadvantage than an aid. If I'm stalking, I'll scare things off with the noise. If I'm stationary, then it doesn't really matter what I'm wearing.

I wear something that's not really a ghillie suit but more of a leafy suit thing when I turkey hunt in real life. It's like a thin mesh material and it most certainly doesn't make any noise. I wish the ones in the game were like that-- lightweight and quiet. I guess they figure if they make the ghillie suits as quiet as regular clothing, no one would buy the regular sneaky 3D camo thus rendering them useless?
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Ghillie camo was questioned early on.
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=83937
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

DarkHunterXX wrote:
In my opinion the gillie suit should only make sound when moving.
So what you are telling me , is that , it's normal that it makes noise when walking ? So until you are randomly somewhere , that you think an animal might pass close by and you decide to act like a bush , it's normal for it to make noise ! Then i guess to raise your success rate , it's better to just go out the door of the lodge and sit on the rocking chair and wait . Seriously , don't you have to walk out there and find them first ?!

The only thing in this game that should make noise , from the hunter perspective , is the boots on the ground , period .( an even that sound / noise is overdone )
The suit in itself should not produce any noise whatsoever . ( not one that would spook animals anyway )
I have a SportsChief Advantage camo suit in real life and it's an old model and never got any noise from it . Unless i had baked beans the night before .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

A ghillie suit isn't really a spot and stalk type outfit. The few guys that I know who use them don't even wear them until they are sitting down somewhere. They're loud and a bit awkward to move around in, but when just sitting they seem to work well as long as you still hide yourself a bit. I don't think that the game version is too far off.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

The ghillie suits do not make noise when you're sitting still. ONLY when you're moving. Surely that has a use, such as getting to full draw on a trophy sized Arctic Fox.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Hawkeye wrote:The ghillie suits do not make noise when you're sitting still. ONLY when you're moving. Surely that has a use, such as getting to full draw on a trophy sized Arctic Fox.
We all know that Hawkeye ! But how else are you going to find animals , beside walking the map to look for them !!??
All suits in this game , do not make noise when you're sitting still !! :?

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

DYEUZ wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:The ghillie suits do not make noise when you're sitting still. ONLY when you're moving. Surely that has a use, such as getting to full draw on a trophy sized Arctic Fox.
We all know that Hawkeye ! But how else are you going to find animals , beside walking the map to look for them !!??
All suits in this game , do not make noise when you're sitting still !! :?
I guess if we ALL knew that, there wouldn't be comments in this thread to the contrary. It's pretty simple what it's designed for, which is walking until you are in calling range of your target animal, then stopping & calling it within bow range to you. If you're using anything other than a bow, then it makes little sense to use, but surely the camo advantage helps you stay in crouch to get off a shot against a more skittish trophy animal. Since this one can only be used on one map, I would assume that limits it's most practical use for bow hunting trophy Sitka & Arctic Fox. It's just a shame you can't use it on Hemmeldal because it seems like a great fit for lynx.
TurboKid
Tracker

Post by TurboKid »

I believe Hawkeye they also make noise while, moving in a tree stand ( I try to use free look so only my head moves. I think this doesnt make the noise.)
And i believe from treestand hunting last week and trying the ghillie for fun. That even swapping items like from Hunter mate to bow. And pulling up your bow to draw counts as movements. Ive scared animals pulling up my bow to draw in a tree stand with the ghillie. I felt the noise of the lift and draw scared the animal.

The ghillie suits need to be changed from MODERATE sound to SOME sound. I don't believe going full blown making them quiet is the way to go. But EW should test and release it somewhere Less than the current sound.

Until then its a sack of dried leaves, probably my worst purchase. Also the ring finger on the right hand looks like its broken and crooked.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I always saw the Ghillie suit like a clothing version of a ground blind, something you use when you are gonna be static in a place for a long time awaiting and luring, maybe near some barrel or feeder, the pros and cons between both are: Ground blind must be carried and deployed, unless you always go to the same spot so left it there, while the Ghillie make you noisy while you walk until you reach said spot, probably a Ground blind placed in a good spot is better in the long run.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

TurboKid wrote:I don't believe going full blown making them quiet is the way to go.
...and why not i may ask !!??

Nothing will be done about it anyway . No more changes , improvements are on the '' bucket list '' with this game . What we have , is what we have !

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”