Saint Patrick's Event 2019

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Saint Patrick's Event 2019

Postby HooCairs » March 12th, 2019, 2:30 pm

Yarrymasa wrote:WhiteRime as you all suggested! Thanks for the help!

Welcome, and just make sure you start at 5am in Whiterime. The sunlight makes it difficult after 7.30, especially when also looking for tracks.
lx188
Tracker

Postby lx188 » March 12th, 2019, 3:54 pm

thanks for the mission tower!!! awsome!! ;)
Bullet1956

Postby Bullet1956 » March 12th, 2019, 6:56 pm

I always go to WRR first when a mission involves collectables.
Hawkeye

Postby Hawkeye » March 12th, 2019, 8:08 pm

This is the toughest collectibles mission I've tried yet. After about 3.5 miles of walking WRR, I only found 3 pots of gold. Also found 3 shed antlers & a raven feather.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Postby VonStratos » March 12th, 2019, 8:28 pm

I had the same first impression, but maybe is because in the last event there was so many collectables that one could end a short hunt with dozens, now they are more sparse because they are just one type of collectable.

By the way i ended the mission today and got the tower, great prize for a simple mission, dont forget people that you cant buy towers so the only way to get one is with this kind of event. ;)

"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BCKidd
Trophy Hunter

Postby BCKidd » March 12th, 2019, 8:35 pm

I think somethin' is awry with the mission. It said 5/5 complete, yet there are 7 pots of gold one needs to find. Here I thought I had found them all. So why did it say "mission complete" at 5 pots of gold when I need 7... :? Did somebody make a boo-boo when comin' up with that mission? :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.

This Seasons Stats

"Patience and perseverance are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Postby caledonianblues » March 12th, 2019, 9:06 pm

BCKidd wrote:I think somethin' is awry with the mission. It said 5/5 complete, yet there are 7 pots of gold one needs to find. Here I thought I had found them all. So why did it say "mission complete" at 5 pots of gold when I need 7... :? Did somebody make a boo-boo when comin' up with that mission? :lol: Peace.

Perhaps it was an old Saint Patrick's Day mission from a previous year which was still active but incomplete? I had similar messages popping up during the Valentine's Day event this year. Every time I picked up a balloon I would see contribution or completion notifications relating to other missions, presumably from last year's Valentine's Day event.
UHC Apps | UHC Stats | My PC Specs
Host your own competition, or get your geek on with stats.
BCKidd
Trophy Hunter

Postby BCKidd » March 12th, 2019, 9:20 pm

caledonianblues wrote:
BCKidd wrote:I think somethin' is awry with the mission. It said 5/5 complete, yet there are 7 pots of gold one needs to find. Here I thought I had found them all. So why did it say "mission complete" at 5 pots of gold when I need 7... :? Did somebody make a boo-boo when comin' up with that mission? :lol: Peace.

Perhaps it was an old Saint Patrick's Day mission from a previous year which was still active but incomplete? I had similar messages popping up during the Valentine's Day event this year. Every time I picked up a balloon I would see contribution or completion notifications relating to other missions, presumably from last year's Valentine's Day event.

I guess that could be why. I found the 6th and 7th Pot of Gold, so mission is now complete. Thanks for pointin' out what may have been the prblm. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

This Seasons Stats

"Patience and perseverance are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Postby DYEUZ » March 12th, 2019, 9:32 pm

BCKidd.

Here is how i see it and this is not the only mission that is like that . Many missions i've done in the past have had the same format and ways of description .
I'll try to explain , why i think these missions , are like that .

If you look at the way the mission is texted , there is 3 different phrases .
- 1 x find a pot ...
- 5 x find another pot ...
- 1 x find one final pot ...

The first pot you find you will get a single msg .
The second pot you find , you will get a msg , showing 1/5 . You'll get the same msg for the next 4 ones , except for the increasing of the x/5 .
The last msg will be the final one , saying that you completed it .

Hope this clarifies these kind of missions . ;)

ImageImageImageImage
VonStratos
Outfitter

Postby VonStratos » March 12th, 2019, 9:35 pm

BCKidd.

That was the same for me, then i finished the hunt waiting to see my mission trophy and tower, but instead the mission had a final objective saying "find a final pot of gold" i did it and then the mission was completed, very strange way to keep the count. So if someone else get to find 5/5 dont end there, get one more and just then is complete. ;)

"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”