Saint Patrick's Event 2019

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Saint Patrick's Event 2019

Post by HooCairs »

BCKidd wrote:I think somethin' is awry with the mission. It said 5/5 complete, yet there are 7 pots of gold one needs to find. Here I thought I had found them all. So why did it say "mission complete" at 5 pots of gold when I need 7... :? Did somebody make a boo-boo when comin' up with that mission? :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.
This has always been weird. If you need to do the same thing 6 times in a mission, you get a message for the first time, and then 1/5, 2/5, ... for the remaining times. A bit confusing.

This one is extra complicated as you need to find "a pot of gold", 5x "another pot of gold" and then again "a final pot of gold". The mission engine seems clever enough to combine pots 2-5, which leads to the weird texts on the screen. That won't change anymore though.

By the way, if anyone is looking for the pots, they are best found by just hunting. If you look for the pots specifically, word spreads in the reserve and the pots go hide. ;)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

... Wonder why some of you repeat exactly what i replied / explain , in a post before !!?? :?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Yarrymasa
Spotter

Post by Yarrymasa »

Viva...
HooCairs wrote:
Yarrymasa wrote:WhiteRime as you all suggested! Thanks for the help!
Welcome, and just make sure you start at 5am in Whiterime. The sunlight makes it difficult after 7.30, especially when also looking for tracks.
Well, that's another tip that I totally wish to thank, HooCairs... Never thought of that, I usually start my hunts at 8 am, and in WRR is tough because of the snow and sun combination...
So far - 2 hunts (1 hour real time each), 3 (of a total of 7) pots found- better than nothing!! And some bagged animals!! GOT to keep on searchin'... :) ;) :ugeek:
Ringalor
Tracker

Post by Ringalor »

Thanks for this new event !
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

DYEUZ wrote:... Wonder why some of you repeat exactly what i replied / explain , in a post before !!?? :?
funny but ... !! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

DYEUZ wrote:... Wonder why some of you repeat exactly what i replied / explain , in a post before !!?? :?

That was me, i was writing the answer but you posted it first, when i pressed the submit i saw yours, but didn't read it completely until i posted mine, then i saw it was the same but yours was more detailed, and i had to face palm for shame. :oops:

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Another helpful tip for newer players if you're looking for collectibles and tired of seeing white on WRR, try the fields of hirschfelden. I always prefer this map over WRR for finding holiday goodies. The coasts of whiterime aren't always flat and they're often lined with just enough grass to make you miss a hidden item (I prefer not to change my settings, so I'm sure this doesn't affect everyone). Plus, if you happen to have a jeep, you can't use it on WRR. If you're going out on a hunt exclusively to find collectibles, I feel the best strategy is to cover as much ground as you can as fast as possible. The jeep helps with this.

I start at the eastern lodge of Hirsch and zigzag my way through the short grass fields in the southeastern portion of the map first. Since the event collectibles can only be seen from roughly 25m away, I will make one line parallel to the edge of the field about 25m in from the edge, then move 50m further into the field to make the next line and so on. Because the grass is so short there and those fields are 100% flat, you're guaranteed to see a collectible pop into view, high settings or not. This is doable on foot but if you have a jeep, use it. It will more than double the speed at which you can cover a single field (each field only takes a minute or two by vehicle) and the raised camera of the third person view you get while driving the jeep gives you a slightly wider field of view to see items pop in. Just weave through all the grass fields until you run out of patience or gas-- one tank usually gets me through all of the short grass fields. The corn fields aren't too bad to search either, but they're not all perfectly flat and the broken stalks can hide certain small collectibles. Not really an issue with the pots of gold, but maybe for other collectible events.

I just made a 20 minute pass on Hirsch, used one tank of gas and found 3 pots. Probably would have taken about an hour to do the same pass on foot. They seem to be overall significantly less common then other holiday collectibles so it might still take a while to find all 7, but 3 in 20 minutes of driving is still better odds then the 0 I found in about 2.5 hours of actually moving gear around yesterday.
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

xOEDragonx wrote:Another helpful tip for newer players if you're looking for collectibles and tired of seeing white on WRR, try the fields of hirschfelden. I always prefer this map over WRR for finding holiday goodies. The coasts of whiterime aren't always flat and they're often lined with just enough grass to make you miss a hidden item (I prefer not to change my settings, so I'm sure this doesn't affect everyone). Plus, if you happen to have a jeep, you can't use it on WRR. If you're going out on a hunt exclusively to find collectibles, I feel the best strategy is to cover as much ground as you can as fast as possible. The jeep helps with this.

I start at the eastern lodge of Hirsch and zigzag my way through the short grass fields in the southeastern portion of the map first. Since the event collectibles can only be seen from roughly 25m away, I will make one line parallel to the edge of the field about 25m in from the edge, then move 50m further into the field to make the next line and so on. Because the grass is so short there and those fields are 100% flat, you're guaranteed to see a collectible pop into view, high settings or not. This is doable on foot but if you have a jeep, use it. It will more than double the speed at which you can cover a single field (each field only takes a minute or two by vehicle) and the raised camera of the third person view you get while driving the jeep gives you a slightly wider field of view to see items pop in. Just weave through all the grass fields until you run out of patience or gas-- one tank usually gets me through all of the short grass fields. The corn fields aren't too bad to search either, but they're not all perfectly flat and the broken stalks can hide certain small collectibles. Not really an issue with the pots of gold, but maybe for other collectible events.

I just made a 20 minute pass on Hirsch, used one tank of gas and found 3 pots. Probably would have taken about an hour to do the same pass on foot. They seem to be overall significantly less common then other holiday collectibles so it might still take a while to find all 7, but 3 in 20 minutes of driving is still better odds then the 0 I found in about 2.5 hours of actually moving gear around yesterday.
good advice: that's what I do too ...
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
Nedbella
Spotter

Post by Nedbella »

:cry: I'm having a lot of trouble finding pots. Only one so far. Where is a good place to look or are they just really hard to find. Do they stick out like the heart balloons or are they just hard to spot. HEEEELLLP!

Eat Healthy, Don't Smoke, Go to The Gym.......DIE ANYWAY!! :lol:
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Nedbella wrote::cry: I'm having a lot of trouble finding pots. Only one so far. Where is a good place to look or are they just really hard to find. Do they stick out like the heart balloons or are they just hard to spot. HEEEELLLP!
They are harder to spot. For me, it seems like you can't see them from as far away, and they kind of just pop in around 30-40m from you. There's been some good advice in this thread, but mainly two strategies. Go to WRR and sprint up the eastern coast line along the beach (there's no grass there), or if you have a jeep, go drive around Hirschfelden fields or Bushranger's Run. Sprinting around either of those places should find you some. Good luck.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”