Status Update - 12th of February 2019

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
User avatar
Toledo
Spotter
Posts: 82
Joined: February 3rd, 2019, 3:07 am

Re: Status Update - 12th of February 2019

Postby Toledo » February 13th, 2019, 6:47 pm

stancomputerhunter wrote:2. You couldn't tell us that a new season was starting?

Radamus wrote:And btw - NEW SEASON! .... How coool would it be if they told us the day before so we could like, Oh, I don't know, take a screenshot of our season? Just for old times sake? .... a little heads up doesn't seem like so much to ask.
I have to agree with you guys. I had a lot of animals on the leaderboard this season, but I would like to have known how many of them were still on the leaderboard just before the season ended and I agree, it requires such little effort to inform the community.
User avatar
HooCairs
Champion Hunter
Posts: 20526
Joined: March 4th, 2011, 7:30 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Status Update - 12th of February 2019

Postby HooCairs » February 14th, 2019, 11:40 am

Toledo wrote:I had a lot of animals on the leaderboard this season, but I would like to have known how many of them were still on the leaderboard just before the season ended and I agree, it requires such little effort to inform the community.

They never told us in advance that a season was going to end, and very few times afterwards. But worry not, all of your animals were still on the leaderboard. Not one was lost. ;)

If you want to check your best scores from former seasons, sign up to UHC Apps. Season 23 is not imported yet though.
User avatar
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter
Posts: 5514
Joined: December 25th, 2013, 11:07 am
Location: 1 mile South of the Cheddar Curtain

Re: Status Update - 12th of February 2019

Postby stancomputerhunter » February 14th, 2019, 4:36 pm

I agree Hoo, especially those of us who keep our own records. However, some (me included) would like an opportunity..say...for 48 hours to get screen grabs of the leader boards when we have a particular once-in-a-lifetime harvest.


Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
User avatar
JimboCrow
Outfitter
Posts: 1951
Joined: December 26th, 2011, 2:36 pm
Location: Foothills of the Real Canadian Rockies.

Re: Status Update - 12th of February 2019

Postby JimboCrow » February 15th, 2019, 5:48 am

stancomputerhunter wrote:I agree Hoo, especially those of us who keep our own records. However, some (me included) would like an opportunity..say...for 48 hours to get screen grabs of the leader boards when we have a particular once-in-a-lifetime harvest.

It seems like such a small thing they could do, a simple kind gesture, especially since Personal Bests has been completely disabled. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth because I can't for the life of me see any meaningful reason for it whatever.

So it ends up looking sort of petty, or obnoxious, or obtuse, or oblivious... I'm not sure what to think of it. I mean, this is season 24, and they're still doing it. Why would anyone consciously do something that deceitful or spiteful? It would have to be a blind deaf mute, with no human capacity for empathy whatsoever, in charge of changing the seasons, wouldn't it? Maybe it's preprogrammed? and not even the staff know when it will happen? At this point that seems unlikely. It's simply appalling. :? :roll:
User avatar
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter
Posts: 6994
Joined: September 10th, 2013, 8:30 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Status Update - 12th of February 2019

Postby Fletchette » February 15th, 2019, 1:26 pm

JimboCrow wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:I agree Hoo, especially those of us who keep our own records. However, some (me included) would like an opportunity..say...for 48 hours to get screen grabs of the leader boards when we have a particular once-in-a-lifetime harvest.

It seems like such a small thing they could do, a simple kind gesture, especially since Personal Bests has been completely disabled. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth because I can't for the life of me see any meaningful reason for it whatever.

So it ends up looking sort of petty, or obnoxious, or obtuse, or oblivious... I'm not sure what to think of it. I mean, this is season 24, and they're still doing it. Why would anyone consciously do something that deceitful or spiteful? It would have to be a blind deaf mute, with no human capacity for empathy whatsoever, in charge of changing the seasons, wouldn't it? Maybe it's preprogrammed? and not even the staff know when it will happen? At this point that seems unlikely. It's simply appalling. :? :roll:

Holy Crap, Jimbo, why don't you tell us how you really feel about it !!! :lol:
Personal Bests...
Image
Image
User avatar
L3M182
Outfitter
Posts: 3324
Joined: April 23rd, 2012, 10:23 am
Location: Great Britain

Re: Status Update - 12th of February 2019

Postby L3M182 » February 15th, 2019, 2:00 pm

Lor45 wrote:
DanthemanBoone wrote:
Toledo wrote:With all respect, but why is that melanistic coyote the rare of the week? I recently shot 3 of them in 8 days and no, I'm not kidding. :)

This is my rare of the week, a SUPER RARE melanistic Rocky Mountain Elk (something that most of us won't shoot in a life time) shot by Lor45 6 days ago and scoring 359.172:

Image


Send a P.M to Hoocairs. He may wish to include it in the wiki super rares if its big enough.
But whatever the outcome.. great trophy for the lodge.

Thanks, Toledo :) . I am fairly proud of this one, thought it might win. Oh well :?



mate thats a great trophy. i wouldnt worry about the "rare of the week" thing. its less, score + species+rarity+trophy shot angle and lighting and more eeny meeny miny mo for who is called winner. ive seen some great shots loose to a smashed in pheasent for no ther reason than the pheasent wasnt as far down the list it would seem haha

Image
User avatar
Lor45
Spotter
Posts: 90
Joined: May 20th, 2017, 12:54 am
Location: Oliver, B.C., Canada

Re: Status Update - 12th of February 2019

Postby Lor45 » February 16th, 2019, 4:03 am

L3M182 wrote:
Lor45 wrote:
DanthemanBoone wrote:
Send a P.M to Hoocairs. He may wish to include it in the wiki super rares if its big enough.
But whatever the outcome.. great trophy for the lodge.

Thanks, Toledo :) . I am fairly proud of this one, thought it might win. Oh well :?



mate thats a great trophy. i wouldnt worry about the "rare of the week" thing. its less, score + species+rarity+trophy shot angle and lighting and more eeny meeny miny mo for who is called winner. ive seen some great shots loose to a smashed in pheasent for no ther reason than the pheasent wasnt as far down the list it would seem haha

Thanks, man, it looks great in the lodge! :D
User avatar
Der_Jo
Newbie
Posts: 25
Joined: January 5th, 2018, 12:18 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Status Update - 12th of February 2019

Postby Der_Jo » February 17th, 2019, 6:18 am

Does anyone know when season 23 will be imported to UHC Apps?
User avatar
caledonianblues
Master Hunter
Posts: 9797
Joined: September 27th, 2012, 11:01 pm
Location: Scotland & United States

Re: Status Update - 12th of February 2019

Postby caledonianblues » February 17th, 2019, 8:27 am

Der_Jo wrote:Does anyone know when season 23 will be imported to UHC Apps?

I will take a look today. It should happen automatically so I'm not sure whether it's something on our end, or Expansive Worlds'.
UHC Apps | UHC Stats | My PC Specs
Host your own competition, or get your geek on with stats.
User avatar
1Al
Scout
Posts: 457
Joined: February 19th, 2017, 8:18 am
Location: Italy

Re: Status Update - 12th of February 2019

Postby 1Al » February 17th, 2019, 9:12 am

Does anyone know how I can get the red rose of Valentine mission? Is there particular place or area where it can be found. I need just it to complete the mission. I need a tower. Actually, in the first two days of Velentine event I found five red roses, but I forgot to activate the mission :lol: and after I activated the mission, in four days I have not found one yet.
Last edited by 1Al on February 17th, 2019, 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:


Image

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest