Status Update - 12th of February 2019

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Toledo
Spotter

Re: Status Update - 12th of February 2019

Post by Toledo »

stancomputerhunter wrote:2. You couldn't tell us that a new season was starting?
Radamus wrote:And btw - NEW SEASON! .... How coool would it be if they told us the day before so we could like, Oh, I don't know, take a screenshot of our season? Just for old times sake? .... a little heads up doesn't seem like so much to ask.
I have to agree with you guys. I had a lot of animals on the leaderboard this season, but I would like to have known how many of them were still on the leaderboard just before the season ended and I agree, it requires such little effort to inform the community.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Toledo wrote:I had a lot of animals on the leaderboard this season, but I would like to have known how many of them were still on the leaderboard just before the season ended and I agree, it requires such little effort to inform the community.
They never told us in advance that a season was going to end, and very few times afterwards. But worry not, all of your animals were still on the leaderboard. Not one was lost. ;)

If you want to check your best scores from former seasons, sign up to UHC Apps. Season 23 is not imported yet though.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I agree Hoo, especially those of us who keep our own records. However, some (me included) would like an opportunity..say...for 48 hours to get screen grabs of the leader boards when we have a particular once-in-a-lifetime harvest.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

stancomputerhunter wrote:I agree Hoo, especially those of us who keep our own records. However, some (me included) would like an opportunity..say...for 48 hours to get screen grabs of the leader boards when we have a particular once-in-a-lifetime harvest.
It seems like such a small thing they could do, a simple kind gesture, especially since Personal Bests has been completely disabled. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth because I can't for the life of me see any meaningful reason for it whatever.

So it ends up looking sort of petty, or obnoxious, or obtuse, or oblivious... I'm not sure what to think of it. I mean, this is season 24, and they're still doing it. Why would anyone consciously do something that deceitful or spiteful? It would have to be a blind deaf mute, with no human capacity for empathy whatsoever, in charge of changing the seasons, wouldn't it? Maybe it's preprogrammed? and not even the staff know when it will happen? At this point that seems unlikely. It's simply appalling. :? :roll:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

JimboCrow wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:I agree Hoo, especially those of us who keep our own records. However, some (me included) would like an opportunity..say...for 48 hours to get screen grabs of the leader boards when we have a particular once-in-a-lifetime harvest.
It seems like such a small thing they could do, a simple kind gesture, especially since Personal Bests has been completely disabled. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth because I can't for the life of me see any meaningful reason for it whatever.

So it ends up looking sort of petty, or obnoxious, or obtuse, or oblivious... I'm not sure what to think of it. I mean, this is season 24, and they're still doing it. Why would anyone consciously do something that deceitful or spiteful? It would have to be a blind deaf mute, with no human capacity for empathy whatsoever, in charge of changing the seasons, wouldn't it? Maybe it's preprogrammed? and not even the staff know when it will happen? At this point that seems unlikely. It's simply appalling. :? :roll:
Holy Crap, Jimbo, why don't you tell us how you really feel about it !!! :lol:
Personal Bests...
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Lor45 wrote:
DanthemanBoone wrote:
Toledo wrote:With all respect, but why is that melanistic coyote the rare of the week? I recently shot 3 of them in 8 days and no, I'm not kidding. :)

This is my rare of the week, a SUPER RARE melanistic Rocky Mountain Elk (something that most of us won't shoot in a life time) shot by Lor45 6 days ago and scoring 359.172:

Send a P.M to Hoocairs. He may wish to include it in the wiki super rares if its big enough.
But whatever the outcome.. great trophy for the lodge.
Thanks, Toledo :) . I am fairly proud of this one, thought it might win. Oh well :?

mate thats a great trophy. i wouldnt worry about the "rare of the week" thing. its less, score + species+rarity+trophy shot angle and lighting and more eeny meeny miny mo for who is called winner. ive seen some great shots loose to a smashed in pheasent for no ther reason than the pheasent wasnt as far down the list it would seem haha
Lor45
Tracker

Post by Lor45 »

L3M182 wrote:
Lor45 wrote:
DanthemanBoone wrote:
Send a P.M to Hoocairs. He may wish to include it in the wiki super rares if its big enough.
But whatever the outcome.. great trophy for the lodge.
Thanks, Toledo :) . I am fairly proud of this one, thought it might win. Oh well :?

mate thats a great trophy. i wouldnt worry about the "rare of the week" thing. its less, score + species+rarity+trophy shot angle and lighting and more eeny meeny miny mo for who is called winner. ive seen some great shots loose to a smashed in pheasent for no ther reason than the pheasent wasnt as far down the list it would seem haha
Thanks, man, it looks great in the lodge! :D
Der_Jo

Post by Der_Jo »

Does anyone know when season 23 will be imported to UHC Apps?
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Der_Jo wrote:Does anyone know when season 23 will be imported to UHC Apps?
I will take a look today. It should happen automatically so I'm not sure whether it's something on our end, or Expansive Worlds'.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Does anyone know how I can get the red rose of Valentine mission? Is there particular place or area where it can be found. I need just it to complete the mission. I need a tower. Actually, in the first two days of Velentine event I found five red roses, but I forgot to activate the mission :lol: and after I activated the mission, in four days I have not found one yet.
Last edited by 1Al on February 17th, 2019, 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”