Update About Memberships and Business Model

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
L3M182
Outfitter

Re: Update About Memberships and Business Model

Post by L3M182 »

outrider1944 wrote:if they (the dev's) are waiting for theHunter Classic to die :( ,.........they may be in for a long, long, long wait :roll: ... although there are not to many players in the forum, there are a lot of players still active in the game ;) ...i am just one of them :P ... unless they just "pull the plug" :o , i think they will be paying the electric bill for a long, long time... :roll:
with a FTP game player numbers dont necessarily have a correlation with income, before the switch the game was averaging about 300 players online but we cant see the figures for web based launcher. it spiked after the switch but has now settled to about 600 online and the web based launcher has gone so more people may or may not be playing true, but as has been discussed before a massive number of these will be long time players who have already bought everything and players who have now started playing because you dont have to pay anything to enjoy all the content. i find it hard to believe its making more than before and i strongly belive the change was made as a staging point to make the shutdown easier by not having to refund players.

regardless classic has been utterly ruined for me by the condition its been left in and the fashion in which the development team left. as with most of the other forum long timers my play time fell of a cliff and ive probably put in 3 hours in as many months. its really really lost its charm for me its lost that progressive feeling. the 3 hours i did play were probably half hour hunts and they just seemed pointless. didnt enjoy it at all
Last edited by L3M182 on October 18th, 2019, 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Moved "Comparing THC with COTW" posts to the appropriate topic.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
ehr_Icaar
Scout

Post by ehr_Icaar »

Good that it's free to play. :)
I quit playing years ago now but might try it again sometime.

I spent a lot of money on the game and I enjoyed the last updates and maps in my time.
I just hope to see The hunter 2 or a huge overhaul in the future that are as realistic and hardcore as classic but 2020+ game quality.

CoTW is too casual and arcade for me.
Skybird
Hunter

Post by Skybird »

The problem with CotW that drives me away is that the animal AI, once the first shot was fired, is horrible and spoils immersion in no time. Terrible mess-up. Either running in cycles, and if bear collides head-on with deer - no problem, or the return after 20 seocnds like turkey on a shooting gallery, one by one, and you can mowe them comfortably down, one by one. Terrible, terrible, terrible. I tried very hard to like the game, and there is a lot to be liked - but I got p!$$ed by this ^ one time too often, and now the game is dead for me. So much is wasted for not adding just so little bit more. Tragic.

I like to see that my hopes and predictions form last year for Classic, have come true. It lives, is stays, and I do not have immediate fears for it going away any time soon. Last year in summer or so I invested a bit of money into it, and I have done that again just two days ago, as replacement for the gone membership fee, so to speak. Its so good to have this game around, still.
hours: >960 / Hunter Score: >8400

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”