Update About Memberships and Business Model

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Skybird
Hunter

Re: Update About Memberships and Business Model

Post by Skybird »

The spawning algorithm and the map content can be moved from server to hard drives of people. The statistics part - most likely is not the interesting part of the game for most players. The audience visiting the forums, is not representative, but just a small fraction of the player base. Thats the truth with almost any game. So while most forum visitors may be interested in statistics and missions and chatting (why else would they visit the forum and actively post there), this doe snot mean that the many players never showing up in forums are as interested as well in these things.

They should just reduce the membership fee down to what is needed to keep their servers running, maybe. No development, no big profit raising anymore, just the costs for the server maintenance, and then everybody can decide. Will not work, probably if they think they can use the opportunity to milk more coins than needed for server operation. Could work well if they indeed understand that it is just about keeping a legacy game alive, cost-neutral.

I do not get to play a lot these days, quite rarely, still I buy yearly memberships. If it is worth it for me, I cannot imagine that I am so unique or so exotic that I am the only one ticking this way.

Key is a transparent price model, and understanding that it is just about cost-neutrality to keep servers alive. Nothing more than that is needed in case of case X. I said it before, the game is not so much about scoring and competing, but I think for many, maybe for most players is an immersive sandbox world experience. I am with the game since 2012 - and never did a single challenge or competition. It just distracts.
hours: >960 / Hunter Score: >8400
Rugged_Randy
Tracker

Post by Rugged_Randy »

Been playing many games over the years and seen games die away. THC does not have those signs that dying games usually have, there's still development going on and ppl play it in fairly large numbers. Of course not as many as in the past but plenty enough to keep THC going. And probably would even get more new members if only they are not spooked about this forum where every other thread is about how this game is going to end at any second now. What comes about memberships, option to buy membership with EM$ and maybe couple bucks cheaper price would be fine. EM$ option would give chance to get membership for free if one has won enough EM$ from comps etc.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

ronMctube wrote:classic is ten years old today. happy birthday :D
Happy birthday! :D
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

ronMctube wrote:classic is ten years old today. happy birthday :D
Happy Birthday Classic! Here's to 10 more years!

Been here since then end of 2009, so lots of good memories. :)

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Happy Classic Day!
To many more years and fun to come.

I'll drink a beer on it tonight while sitting in my treestand waiting for some Roosevelts and Whitetails :)
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

Happy Birthday to the Classic that rules! :) It's been a long haul and a lot farther to go I'm sure.
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

10 Years old but NOOOOO Party today???
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i think the problem is there is a few dates to consider. ive just been looking after someone today said to me no one is going to mention classic is 10 years old today. while ive been checking for the exact date which even on wiki it states april it was open in march as thats when i joined. i shot my first deer on the 10th of march and after reading a status report it says March the 1st in that. :D April the store opened up. i will leave this from the status report

Tuesday, 14th April 2009

After a surge of activity over the holiday weekend, players have now clocked-up over 6 million minutes of expedition time since March 1st!

That's over 11 years of hunting in less than 6 weeks.

This is the total duration of actual expeditions, and DOESN'T include all of the time spent in the social space, discussing missions with NPCs, messaging, uploading and viewing gallery images, checking the new stats pages, and all the rest!

Latest Fixes
Some issues were spotted over the weekend with the new 30-06 rifle, and a patch is in test for that now. Expect a small new download tomorrow, 15 April.

Also, some people are experiencing graphical issues with the new version, and an update of your graphics drivers is highly recommended to all players to fix this.

Happy Hunting
theHunter Team
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Rugged_Randy wrote:Been playing many games over the years and seen games die away. THC does not have those signs that dying games usually have, there's still development going on and ppl play it in fairly large numbers. Of course not as many as in the past but plenty enough to keep THC going. And probably would even get more new members if only they are not spooked about this forum where every other thread is about how this game is going to end at any second now. What comes about memberships, option to buy membership with EM$ and maybe couple bucks cheaper price would be fine. EM$ option would give chance to get membership for free if one has won enough EM$ from comps etc.
Yep, it would seem that folks are drawing their knives across their own throats. That a side. Happy 10 year B-Day tHc! I'm looking forward (tHc) to you having many more. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Happy Birthday THC! To commemorate 10 years, here is the earliest post I could find indicating that the game is coming to an end....dated September 7th, 2009, at another time when the business model was being changed & lifetime memberships were being introduced: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... =30#p73808

Here's to hoping for another 10 years!

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”