Update About Memberships and Business Model

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
mapache01
Outfitter

Re: Update About Memberships and Business Model

Post by mapache01 »

caledonianblues wrote:....
..... but this is an arse-covering exercise. They have removed memberships, which means at any point they can shut the servers down and there's not a thing anyone can say or do. They will owe nothing to the players. So, in essence, they have prepared themselves legally for the future, should they ever have to take drastic action. I suspect they will see how the F2P model pans out. If people continue to open their wallets and the game covers the infrastructure costs, chances are it will stay online. The second that changes, it will be curtains for the game.

Unless you ask Skybird of course. Then everything is perfect ;)

That's my point!! you nail it, how much they will sustain the game when there's no more income now that you can gain gm$ for everything you bag and has a CSS, Why I should open my wallet if I own almost every weapon, now I will not use ALL the weapons I own, just the one better for instant shot and gain gm$, no more fun to shot Does/cows/chickens with Bows/cbow if you only waste ammo; The moment they notice no more revenue to sustain the game like you wrote, GAME OVER for theHunter Classic.

That's why I think at least the 3 months membership will maintain alive the game, is a constant income, like my Grandma use to said "coins make the bills!"
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

DHRifleman wrote:Hopefully those Avatar pictures are not saved in the gallery or you will need to take a new one each month when the gallery is emptied
Where did you see that the gallery was going to be emptied every month? I've seen you post that a couple of times, but didn't find the information elsewhere.
caledonianblues wrote:Well, not that it'll surprise anyone, but I'm also very much opposed to the decision to make the limited edition weapons available for purchase. It was written in black and white that they would never be available to purchase. Not that they would never be available to purchase unless someone else one day calls the shots, or the business model changes. Two statements rendered completely false by someone that couldn't give two hoots about the integrity of the company and game, or about the loyal players that went to great lengths to obtain those limited edition items, under the false pretence that it would never be possible to get them any other way in the future. It's an appalling decision, and there will be so little to be gained from it anyway. Such a shame.

Golden Shotgun - Thread
Golden Bullpup - Thread

OK looks like I was beaten to it with the links.
I'm not happy about that decision either. For some of us (who struggle at picking soccer teams) those Royal weapons cost quite a bit, and we only paid that cost with the foreknowledge that this was a 1-time shot at getting it right and earning the weapons. But, I suppose now that EW has made them available to everybody, then it's time to add achievements for them and treat them the same as every other weapon.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

DYEUZ wrote:
BCKidd wrote:I'm also not so sure I like the way we can get GM$- I think you should only get those if you make heart shots, or one-shot kills only and if you taxi an animal you don't get 'em at all,
I would have gone for that also . Would make it more difficult and would make for more cautious hunting methods / techniques .
Seems a bit too easy right now to get gm$ .
I honestly thought that is how it was. I was surprised to learn, that it wasn't like that at all. Yeah, way to easy to buy things with the way they made us able to get GM$. Who is gonna want to spend EM$ (real cash), if all they have to do is thump on a few critters and get those GM$. I don't like the way it is at all. It makes no sense to me. :? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Muglug
Scout

Post by Muglug »

The Hunter has now gone F2P, so the pulling of the plug will happen within about 8 month, that will make it about the 2 years.

The F2P is just a stepping stone idea, hoping it will pull more over to Call of the Wild when theHunter ends,
if so thay need to do a lot more work on the Call of the Wild in that time, if thats what thay are hoping for.

Just my opinion.
Ghosts don't die they just fade away, like players do every day.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

BCKidd wrote:
DYEUZ wrote:
BCKidd wrote:I'm also not so sure I like the way we can get GM$- I think you should only get those if you make heart shots, or one-shot kills only and if you taxi an animal you don't get 'em at all,
I would have gone for that also . Would make it more difficult and would make for more cautious hunting methods / techniques .
Seems a bit too easy right now to get gm$ .
I honestly thought that is how it was. I was surprised to learn, that it wasn't like that at all. Yeah, way to easy to buy things with the way they made us able to get GM$. Who is gonna want to spend EM$ (real cash), if all they have to do is thump on a few critters and get those GM$. I don't like the way it is at all. It makes no sense to me. :? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
It might be easy for veterans of the game with plenty of experience, but if you read the reviews written since the business model update, the negatives are now focused on the difficulty, instead of the economy. They're saying it takes too long to find and kill animals and view this as a huge grind. Still "mixed" on Steam since the update.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Hawkeye wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:Hopefully those Avatar pictures are not saved in the gallery or you will need to take a new one each month when the gallery is emptied
Where did you see that the gallery was going to be emptied every month? I've seen you post that a couple of times, but didn't find the information elsewhere.
It stands to reason they are cutting every cost they can, and I would be surprised if they paid to store a bunch of trophy shots accumulated over the years. A simple monthly purge would be the way to go.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

DHRifleman wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
It stands to reason they are cutting every cost they can, and I would be surprised if they paid to store a bunch of trophy shots accumulated over the years. A simple monthly purge would be the way to go.
So, you're speculating.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

We will see won't we. Maybe I am predicting again
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Novalc

Post by Novalc »

Hello everyone. I am sorry in advance because I am shocked several people. But I found that releasing all the weapons was a good idea. Do not forget that these weapons are more expensive than many of my games if you choose to buy it with em $.
If the person decides to pay with gm $, it will take a lot of time to get there.
For what reason to prevent people who could not participate in this game the opportunity to have it now, for privileges won. But during all those years do you enjoy the game?
On one side you read, you have to support the game, and you have to pay. I agree, as for all we can financially support a game we love.
On the other side we hear, it's been x year that I support this game and I would like free privileges because I deserve it. So the support for all these years was to have privileges in the end, or to see the game continue?
Yes at the time when the promise was made the situation was different. Currently, it tends to open to other people and can serve as a showcase for cotw who has a more current engine. If he manages to provide a first experience for a new player and he wants to treat himself by paying a prestige weapon, because yes people are often impatient. There is a better possibility to support the game and also the developers.

But of course, it is only my opinion that does not matter. I only knew the game in 2016, and this is the year I started playing it. I won the 270 special version because I bought call of the wild. And it does not bother me that a newcomer has it. But by cons as I almost bought all the weapons I really want this game to continue. :lol: And this in the best possible conditions with a good community.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Hawkeye wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
So, you're speculating.
Sadly, as a result of the incomplete information, that's all we can do. However, I would say it's an educated guess. Someone else mentioned that Josh (one of the devs) said the trophy shots will be reduced in quality. That also implies a desire to save on storage and bandwidth. If that is indeed true (should be if a dev said so) then auto-deletion of trophy shots would be logical too. Otherwise why give us the option to download them in bulk?

I suspect they will announce a date in the near future, and people will have until then do download their trophy shots. After that we will probably only be able to store so many then they'll rotate. Speculation, yes, but the evidence suggests this is likely.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”