Update About Memberships and Business Model

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
1Al
Hunter

Re: Update About Memberships and Business Model

Post by 1Al »

I've been away for a while, please explain the new situation with the game and the ammo. I've read now you have to buy that, I checked in my account and for every weapon I use, I have 30 ammo as usual, so when I'll use these ammo, that will no longer reload automatically in the inventory, right?
"If you have the Taxidermy prompt turned off, this will happen automatically. If you have the prompt turned on, you will see the option to sell the animal, as well as the option to taxidermy the animal."
Since is there this option, I don't use to taxidermize animal, but I always got the prompt every time I harvested one.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

1Al wrote:I've been away for a while, please explain the new situation with the game and the ammo. I've read now you have to buy that, I checked in my account and for every weapon I use, I have 30 ammo as usual, so when I'll use these ammo, that will no longer reload automatically in the inventory, right?
Right.
1Al wrote:"If you have the Taxidermy prompt turned off, this will happen automatically. If you have the prompt turned on, you will see the option to sell the animal, as well as the option to taxidermy the animal."
Since is there this option, I don't use to taxidermize animal, but I always got the prompt every time I harvested one.
You can turn the prompt on and off in your Gameplay settings in the game.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

HooCairs wrote:
1Al wrote:I've been away for a while, please explain the new situation with the game and the ammo. I've read now you have to buy that, I checked in my account and for every weapon I use, I have 30 ammo as usual, so when I'll use these ammo, that will no longer reload automatically in the inventory, right?
Right.
1Al wrote:"If you have the Taxidermy prompt turned off, this will happen automatically. If you have the prompt turned on, you will see the option to sell the animal, as well as the option to taxidermy the animal."
You can turn the prompt on and off in your Gameplay settings in the game.
Thanks Hoo.
Muglug
Scout

Post by Muglug »

Did I read some where someone wrote DLCs for the Hunter... giggle giggle
Ghosts don't die they just fade away, like players do every day.
pokie206
Hunter

Post by pokie206 »

How do you renew membership on steam.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

pokie206 wrote:How do you renew membership on steam.
What membership?
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

Not necessary just play game it is free now
VRMuzZ
Tracker

Post by VRMuzZ »

I did post in the new user thread but it's waiting for approval, hi again from the UK.

I'd just like to say that i think that this new business model is great. I'm usually against buying map packs, DLC and Vbucks for the kids :) but then I discovered Classic 3 weeks ago and well 150 pound down so far and i haven't regretted a thing. I bought cotw 4 or 5 weeks ago and it feels second class in comparison.

I'll be supporting this development team for a long time to come. Thank you so much for making such an amazing sim.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

VRMuzZ wrote:I did post in the new user thread but it's waiting for approval, hi again from the UK.

I'd just like to say that i think that this new business model is great. I'm usually against buying map packs, DLC and Vbucks for the kids :) but then I discovered Classic 3 weeks ago and well 150 pound down so far and i haven't regretted a thing. I bought cotw 4 or 5 weeks ago and it feels second class in comparison.

I'll be supporting this development team for a long time to come. Thank you so much for making such an amazing sim.
That seems to be the consensus, yep. theHunter Classic, is a very good hunting game, the best there is in my opinion. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
acrobat
Hunter

Post by acrobat »

i started playing the game 2012 and have spent some money for equipment and a membership .

with pim,s take over and his new strategy i have stopped to pay any cent for an obvious pay to win / pay to play strategy , hunted occasionally mule deer with the .243 and stopped playing at all for years .

it was not a question what i would be able to pay but a question if i,m feel fair treated and the price asked has a relevance to the product delivered.

now i reinstalled thehunter and enjoy it and i think i will buy some new equipment , first time since years .

we have here and now the best variety of animals and equipment this game ever saw , i believe we have with the model change the most new and returning players the game ever saw , the shop is full of items to buy for new players if they wish , any nightmare of shutting down is pure speculation .

so beyond the fanboys who spent thousands to realize they were just fooled for years we all should really welcome the most fair and smart decision makers this game ever saw and just enjoy the hunt .

best regards

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”