Update About Memberships and Business Model

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
BigGameHunter_21
Scout

Re: Update About Memberships and Business Model

Post by BigGameHunter_21 »

DanthemanBoone wrote:Glad someone mentioned Primal. For a couple of days work it could still be selling in ten years time as well. As small but steady income for a minimal amount of work.
It always ran great for my on my original "day one" download. With just a few small tweaks I was able to get it to run properly again after downloading it on my new computer.
All they have to do is fix the reset glitch on primal and add a new dino every 1-2 months. People who bought primal should get refunds since they just abandoned it after like 3 years.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Yesterday I spent the whole day playing Primal, I had 2 abnormal stops but everything else worked fine.
I tried it with settings 3440 X 1440 (100 Hz), 34-inch screen in 21: 9, the details were very good, fps always at 100.
It is not a good thing to add a dinosaur every 2 months, it means that after 2 years we are in a dinosaur zoo.
If they solve the small problems the game has it would be fantastic.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

BigGameHunter_21 wrote: All they have to do is fix the reset glitch on primal and add a new dino every 1-2 months. People who bought primal should get refunds since they just abandoned it after like 3 years.
There are so many abandoned games in the store. That's a normal thing. But the thing is, if devs decide to abandon the game, they have to let the game be playable even if there are no more updates.

tbh, I was thinking to buy Primal a few months ago and I didn't have any problem with new updates. But when I see the game is almost unplayable, I didn't buy it...
So, if the game be playable, players still buy it...
If EW fix server issues and other glitches in Primal, I'll buy it...!
Season Stats
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Pupic wrote:but for sure didn`t need to come this soon.
Soon? What's the date?
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

HD_Artworks wrote:
BigGameHunter_21 wrote: All they have to do is fix the reset glitch on primal and add a new dino every 1-2 months. People who bought primal should get refunds since they just abandoned it after like 3 years.
There are so many abandoned games in the store. That's a normal thing. But the thing is, if devs decide to abandon the game, they have to let the game be playable even if there are no more updates.
I totally agree. When TH will be abandoned by the devs, they have to let it still playable, this is a game totally different from any other game or simulator, it as neither of these things like other ephemeral games, but it's something different and special.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

1Al wrote:When TH will be abandoned by the devs, they have to let it still playable
That won't work. This is not a standalone game like CotW or Primal. Classic heavily depends on the servers. Unless they made an offline version which is totally cut loose from all the server functions, this game will cease to exist on the day they shut it down. I doubt they will invest the work to make it a standalone given its current structure. Game content is loaded from the server (reserve, your inventory, even your map), the spawning is done on the server, the stats are constantly submitted to the server, missions and competitions depend on the server, etc., etc.

And let's face it, a big part of Classic is exactly the server part where you can compare with others and play with or against others. If this went away, a big part would go missing.
Spoiler:
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

HooCairs wrote:
1Al wrote:When TH will be abandoned by the devs, they have to let it still playable
That won't work. This is not a standalone game like CotW or Primal. Classic heavily depends on the servers. Unless they made an offline version which is totally cut loose from all the server functions, this game will cease to exist on the day they shut it down. I doubt they will invest the work to make it a standalone given its current structure. Game content is loaded from the server (reserve, your inventory, even your map), the spawning is done on the server, the stats are constantly submitted to the server, missions and competitions depend on the server, etc., etc.

And let's face it, a big part of Classic is exactly the server part where you can compare with others and play with or against others. If this went away, a big part would go missing.
That's partly true. but you can see some (or many) users want to play it anyway. The real problem is to make TH standalone, but I think it's technically possible.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i think they will at the time of closure just release the server files so people can host it on a server. its not deer these days to rent servers. the player numbers are not massive so i think that is what will probably happen. also worth mentioning one of the key avalanche people is retiring leaving in april. Christofer Sundberg . that probably doesnt have anything in relation to anything but that is a big thing for avalanche.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

1Al wrote:The real problem is to make TH standalone, but I think it's technically possible.
Yes it is technically certainly possible, but EW would only do it if they made a benefit from it, i.e. if they would expect to sell enough copies afterwards that would not only cover the cost but exceed them.
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

classic is ten years old today. happy birthday :D

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”