Update About Memberships and Business Model

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Re: Update About Memberships and Business Model

Post by DHRifleman »

Novalc wrote:Hello everyone. I am sorry in advance because I am shocked several people. But I found that releasing all the weapons was a good idea. Do not forget that these weapons are more expensive than many of my games if you choose to buy it with em $.
If the person decides to pay with gm $, it will take a lot of time to get there.
For what reason to prevent people who could not participate in this game the opportunity to have it now, for privileges won. But during all those years do you enjoy the game?
On one side you read, you have to support the game, and you have to pay. I agree, as for all we can financially support a game we love.
On the other side we hear, it's been x year that I support this game and I would like free privileges because I deserve it. So the support for all these years was to have privileges in the end, or to see the game continue?
Yes at the time when the promise was made the situation was different. Currently, it tends to open to other people and can serve as a showcase for cotw who has a more current engine. If he manages to provide a first experience for a new player and he wants to treat himself by paying a prestige weapon, because yes people are often impatient. There is a better possibility to support the game and also the developers.

But of course, it is only my opinion that does not matter. I only knew the game in 2016, and this is the year I started playing it. I won the 270 special version because I bought call of the wild. And it does not bother me that a newcomer has it. But by cons as I almost bought all the weapons I really want this game to continue. :lol: And this in the best possible conditions with a good community.
As I recall if you wanted to get the royal weapon it was $20 and it was yours, or you got lucky and picked the winning team for less. Since it was said the only way to get the weapon was during the event it should be unbuyable as it has been all along, I don't expect it to change since it wasn't addressed as it being a mistake, and just adds to the credibility or lack there of.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

caledonianblues wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
DHRifleman wrote: It stands to reason they are cutting every cost they can, and I would be surprised if they paid to store a bunch of trophy shots accumulated over the years. A simple monthly purge would be the way to go.
So, you're speculating.
Sadly, as a result of the incomplete information, that's all we can do. However, I would say it's an educated guess. Someone else mentioned that Josh (one of the devs) said the trophy shots will be reduced in quality. That also implies a desire to save on storage and bandwidth. If that is indeed true (should be if a dev said so) then auto-deletion of trophy shots would be logical too. Otherwise why give us the option to download them in bulk?

I suspect they will announce a date in the near future, and people will have until then do download their trophy shots. After that we will probably only be able to store so many then they'll rotate. Speculation, yes, but the evidence suggests this is likely.
It's speculation, and might one day be true. But if somebody is going to speculate, at least present the post as such, instead of stating it as fact, so people reading the thread don't get misled. After reading DH's posts, I assumed he had some inside information about a decision that was made.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Didn't you read my signature
it has been there for years now
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

caledonianblues wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
DHRifleman wrote: It stands to reason they are cutting every cost they can, and I would be surprised if they paid to store a bunch of trophy shots accumulated over the years. A simple monthly purge would be the way to go.
So, you're speculating.
Sadly, as a result of the incomplete information, that's all we can do. However, I would say it's an educated guess. Someone else mentioned that Josh (one of the devs) said the trophy shots will be reduced in quality. That also implies a desire to save on storage and bandwidth. If that is indeed true (should be if a dev said so) then auto-deletion of trophy shots would be logical too. Otherwise why give us the option to download them in bulk?

I suspect they will announce a date in the near future, and people will have until then do download their trophy shots. After that we will probably only be able to store so many then they'll rotate. Speculation, yes, but the evidence suggests this is likely.

In all fairness, speculating is the forum coin of trade, but i dont like the idea of trophy shots being reduced in quality, much less being erased after sometime, however even as speculation i have to admit is a credible scenery, another player pointed wisely that since now we are all members, and we all can take trophy shots, there will be more server usage, so reducing the quality may help with that, and making some clearance time on time may be needed too, whatever happens we well see, but that would go in line with the new "download images" button in the gallery, maybe is there to help players to keep their pictures in the event they have to be removed, again this is mere speculation and time will tell if is on the right track or not.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

VonStratos wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
So, you're speculating.

In all fairness, speculating is the forum coin of trade.
Of course it is, but stating something as fact and speculating are not the same thing. The below statement is a not a speculative statement.
DHRifleman wrote:you will need to take a new one each month when the gallery is emptied
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Hawkeye wrote:
Of course it is, but stating something as fact and speculating are not the same thing. The below statement is a not a speculative statement.
DHRifleman wrote:you will need to take a new one each month when the gallery is emptied
Taking just a part of a quote is pretty sleazy and wrong man ! What are you trying to accomplish here ? :evil:

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

DYEUZ wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
Taking just a part of a text is pretty sleazy and wrong man ! What are you trying to accomplish here ? :evil:
The context isn't changed, DYEUZ. Don't make something out of nothing.
Novalc

Post by Novalc »

DHRifleman wrote: As I recall if you wanted to get the royal weapon it was $20 and it was yours, or you got lucky and picked the winning team for less. Since it was said the only way to get the weapon was during the event it should be unbuyable as it has been all along, I don't expect it to change since it wasn't addressed as it being a mistake, and just adds to the credibility or lack there of.
And now, to buy it, it would cost double. But as I said it is my opinion on it. Of course, it is possible to have it for free, but spending a lot of time, with the bugs of the current game.
The only thing that worries me right now is the lack of information. For some, there will be no more type of devellopement. And if it's real, I do not think the current game manages to attract a lot of new players. The only asset he can have is his free to play ... but there are bugs!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Novalc wrote:The only thing that worries me right now is the lack of information. For some, there will be no more type of devellopement. And if it's real, I do not think the current game manages to attract a lot of new players. The only asset he can have is his free to play ... but there are bugs!
There always has and always will be bugs in theHunter. But at least when there was a development team there were often periods when good amounts of bug fixing took place. Without a team, forget it.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

caledonianblues wrote: Without a team, forget it.
They did not fix the big major bugs back then , don't even think they will fix them now !!!

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”