Update About Memberships and Business Model

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Re: Update About Memberships and Business Model

Post by DanthemanBoone »

@ DHRifleman.
I knew you wouldnt let that pass.LOL.
Funny how someone can see up front and honest as being underhanded.
Last edited by DanthemanBoone on May 8th, 2019, 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

I not really happy with the ammo on this new model for us that PAY MEMBERSHIP FOR UNLIMITED AMMO, that's what the membership says! that's what I pay for not for refund on em$ that I NOW HAVE TO SPEND IN BUYING AMMO for the weapons I bought in the past.

So at least another rifle should have unlimited ammo for us that support the game for more than 5 years and spend more than US$1000.00 in the game, so I think the 30-06 or .300 should have unlimited ammo for all the players that had membership for more than 5 years

Whad do you think? Also I wonder if WARDENS membership had to pay now for ammo?
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

It is easy to get gm$ because they want people to be happy not needing to really grind or spend money. It is strictly PR and nothing to do with the games preservation.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

DanthemanBoone wrote:@ DHRifleman.
I knew you wouldnt let that pass LOL.
Funny how someone can see up front and honest as being underhanded.
Yes and it was actually in response to what you said, not to you personally. I know you know the score, and have seen as many game go away as I. The difference was those other games still exist and can still be played, where when this one is done, it is done.

It is only counter productive if there is actually a productive aspect to be counter too. ;)
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

mapache01 wrote: Whad do you think?
I think it is very easy and quick to gain gm$ by selling animals . No real need to spend any amount of money , ever .
You can go for couple hunts , on the best CSS species , with different weapons , ethical for each of course , and gain big time compare to what you will spend , in getting them .

I see no big problem there and even think it is made too easy , too rewarding .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

mapache01 wrote:I not really happy with the ammo on this new model for us that PAY MEMBERSHIP FOR UNLIMITED AMMO, that's what the membership says! that's what I pay for not for refund on em$ that I NOW HAVE TO SPEND IN BUYING AMMO for the weapons I bought in the past.

So at least another rifle should have unlimited ammo for us that support the game for more than 5 years and spend more than US$1000.00 in the game, so I think the 30-06 or .300 should have unlimited ammo for all the players that had membership for more than 5 years

Whad do you think? Also I wonder if WARDENS membership had to pay now for ammo?
I think you got your money back and you can spend it on ammo.
The way the gms are set up you only need to kill two male deer, on average, with reasonable ccs to afford a box of ammo.
And was it not said by Matt , that ew was considering making another weapon for free ammo. Hope its a bow.
Last edited by DanthemanBoone on May 8th, 2019, 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

So the REAL TRUE behind this is EW will shut down the game in near future when this new FREE TO PLAY FOR ALL go to toilet and no more revenue for them, so no money to maintain the server on the game and, like some wrote before avoid the "EW just took your money and then shut down the games"

People will not invest in more em$ now, the ONLY way the game will survive is IF 3 MONTHS MEMBERSHIP -(unlimited ammo) BACK, if not! this game will be finished in some 1 year or less, and COTW will be a FANSY PRIMAL game, that also I think will not survive more than 3 years, unless the features of Classic implemented including Membership or way to buy in game money like em$.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

@ Matt and Martin. Hope you guys bought sandwiches today. By the time you get to here you will be needing them.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

DYEUZ wrote:
mapache01 wrote: Whad do you think?
I think it is very easy and quick to gain gm$ by selling animals . No real need to spend any amount of money , ever .
You can go for couple hunts , on the best CSS species , with different weapons , ethical for each of course , and gain big time compare to what you will spend , in getting them .

I see no big problem there and even think it is made too easy , too rewarding .
Yes, that will be the easy part, that's FREE PLAY, kill kill kill, harvest and still you have ammo, but how much will this be good for the game when EW notice that's there no more income on em$ and no money to maintain servers??? that will be, bye, bye theHunter Classic, THAT'S WHY I'M FAVOR OF AT LEAST 3 MONTHS MEMBERSHIP with the AMMO that previous business model had, you have drops of money, but you have still will have an income every 3 months, with just gm$ for every animal you bag you will never again buy em$, for example now nobody will shot DOES or Cows, cus there's no income on gm$ and that will be very boring, more when since new update you have PLENTY of mule does on Loggers, but why bore to shot 'em??? if you only will spend ammo, the only gain is SKILL ON the weapon, if you still not top to level 20 the weapon to shot.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

mapache01 wrote:So the REAL TRUE behind this is EW will shut down the game in near future when this new FREE TO PLAY FOR ALL go to toilet and no more revenue for them, so no money to maintain the server on the game and, like some wrote before avoid the "EW just took your money and then shut down the games".
They might not shut down the game in the near future, but this is an arse-covering exercise. They have removed memberships, which means at any point they can shut the servers down and there's not a thing anyone can say or do. They will owe nothing to the players. So, in essence, they have prepared themselves legally for the future, should they ever have to take drastic action. I suspect they will see how the F2P model pans out. If people continue to open their wallets and the game covers the infrastructure costs, chances are it will stay online. The second that changes, it will be curtains for the game.

Unless you ask Skybird of course. Then everything is perfect ;)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”