Update About Memberships and Business Model

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Pittie
Hunter

Re: Update About Memberships and Business Model

Post by Pittie »

I'm just curious how many things will happen wrong while and after the update. :roll: ;)
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Pittie wrote:I'm just curious how many things will happen wrong while and after the update. :roll: ;)
:lol:

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

forester
Tracker

Post by forester »

DYEUZ keep it up 1 of the best parts of the whole post :-)
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

abslayer wrote:Please just tell me are not going to end up like long ago with partial ammo boxes all over ???
:o
Oh God, I remember that mess. I actually cringed when I read your post. :?
Thanks for the update Mat.
So many people are excited for this & I just don't understand why. I can see that there might be players that abandoned the game coming back, & probably a lot of the people who constantly complained about the F2P confusion, but I can also imagine everyone being sour on having to buy all the ammo. If I have to shoot 4 does with a bow, (with zero CSS) because they will spook the buck behind them, and his score is only enough to enable me to get 3 rounds of ammo, I'm thinking that the 2K I've invested will be considered enough.
That money is gone. And not a single regret, because I have loved this game from the very 1st time I played. 10 years ago, if someone would have told me that I will eventually pay $2000 for a game I would have laughed, but now that the money is gone,... it's gone & I had a great time spending it. Right now it looks like I am close to 38 cents per hour.
I'm guessing that the webpage will also dissolve, which means the leaderboards are gone. All the stats are gone. What a bummer. Sure the game will be F2P, but I think this quote says it very well;
DHRifleman wrote:[
Funny how even the proposed F2P isn't F2P enough now that it is happening.
The stats.... losing the stats is huge for me. I guess I am going to have to record my screen while scrolling my stats so I can pick up when the website drops out. "Hunt history".... gone. Many times I have tracked back into my hunt history to find a certain animal or some other data from a hunt and now it will be gone........
I'm glad for those of you who are excited & looking forward to this upcoming change, but I'm going to need some time to absorb the experience before being giddy because I see that is says "F2P" now.
I hope there will be someplace that we, those of us here (in the forums), can gather again because I don't expect the forums to survive. Maybe someone on here has a different forum where there could be a section devoted to the poor lost souls that put up with each other for many years.
No webpage means no "Gallery" but the trophy shots should still be saved to our PC's though.
Just take a look at the webpage & see all of the stuff there that will be gone. How many hundreds of times have we read complaints that the "personal best" does not work?... that will be trivial now. Tracking your PB is easy, tracking all of the rest of it is monumental. Yes, I'm aware that I don't HAVE to track any of it, but that was one of the things I liked about this game - the easy access to all of that data. Then the "UHC Apps" came along & what a GREAT surprise it has been, but if there isn't a webpage to keep the stats there won't be anyplace for them to gather the data from, right?
Well, I sure hope that I end up as happy as a lot of you seem to be right now, but I fear I won't be..... :cry:
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

https://youtu.be/Kz0PSSreCuE?t=61
That is how i imagine the next week in The Hunter, but i hope im wrong and all will go smoothly. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Hosenfuhrer
Spotter

Post by Hosenfuhrer »

I'd suggest a couple of things, first being the free ammo:

If .243 is going to be free ammo, and it's use is quite limited, maybe 20 gauge birdshot would be the other free ammo type. Maybe arrows as well.

The other thing is, we should be able to gift items. Some of the stuff we have are duplicates and being able to gift them to new players would be good for them.
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

12 ga definitly like now... cant imagine to hunt birds with limited ammo
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

When they released COTW I thought it would be similar to the Classic, but now it's the Classic that looks like COTW.
The money to buy ammunition will not be a problem, if they maintain the COTW style, you can fill in the reserves of all the necessary material without spending real money.
Obviously if they also put the big curtains and equipment among the things you can buy with GM $.
SHROUDissoCOLD

Post by SHROUDissoCOLD »

It is a bit out of topic but will we have some editing tool for the game, released for public use? I guess there could be some people with modelling skills who could make a new reserve map. Looking on all the floating rocks that were never have been fixed on even the oldest maps, the acceptable level of design mastery don't look so demanding. Naturally there will be needed a pool, overseeing from mods, and a serious betatesting to prevent someone from making exploits, like a special spawnpoint that will make grinding five times easier...
Skybird
Hunter

Post by Skybird »

I dont want to discourage modding in principle, but adding a complete mod like a whole reserve to the game is an invitation for implementing issues, problems and bugs that need to be squashed, and if it is not certain that EW still is engaged with actively developing the game and so having the staff to take care of such things, I would strictly oppose the idea to accept the risk of making this game mod-open. It could potentially spell disaster. Sometimes it is a good idea to not have mods in a game or gaming model, and I think Classic is such a case.
hours: >960 / Hunter Score: >8400

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”