Update About Memberships and Business Model

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TheHound

Re: Update About Memberships and Business Model

Post by TheHound »

JimboCrow wrote:
Zycho wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:
ALL animals on ALL reserves are FREE for members ALL of the time, and always have been. Animal licenses are only required if you are a guest.
Free for 37€ per year. BUT you need to buy weapons for some animals. The shotgun and the .234 don't allow to hunt every animal. So make it + 10 € -20 €. That's a pretty high price for a limited play-time if you ask me. Especially when the game engine and the bug fixes are pretty low.
He said licences were extra with membership. They're not, they're included. You said play-time is limited. It's not, play-time is unlimited.

Unlimited play-time. Unlimited animals. Unlimited ammo. Multiple competitions, events, and missions. Win free stuff.

46 animals. 12 incredible reserves. $3 per month. $0.10 per day. That's nothing, a great value. Or play for free with the limitations. Or don't. Your choice. Great game.
If EW delete licenses, members still have a good reason to pay, free ammo. Licenses are a non-sense and the gameplay wouldnt be affected if they were eliminated, for that reason i call them "extra". When new players come to this game, they see the license tab in the store, say "this is not real life, this is a rip-off" and they leave.

Maybe most of you veteran old pro's are happy with casual peasant noobs leaving, but a bigger playerbase means more money for the game, more devs, etc.. and i think we have to discuss that.

Unlimited play-time -> You mean, unlimited walking time? Except if you pay, then you can shot everything. Edit: Adding a unnecesary problem, and spamming annoying pop-ups behind a paywall is the worst possible presentation for a new player.

Unlimited animals -> You mean, unlimited watch animals? Except if you pay.

Unlimited ammo -> You mean, buy to shoot or 3 free packs if you pay?

Multiple competitions, events, and missions. Win free stuff. -> Yes, thats cool, if you pay for the weapons/equipment.

46 animals. 12 incredible reserves. -> Yes, if you pay.

$3 per month. $0.10 per day. -> 0.10$ if you play every day

That's nothing, a great value. -> Thats relative.

Or play for free with the limitations. -> The current "play free" is boring and make new players unistall the game, because they have no chance until they spend money.

Or don't. -> Oh yeah, thats how we got to this situation.

Your choice. -> Keep that spirit, the game doesnt need new players. /s

Great game. -> Yes

I think my opinion is pretty obvious, delete licenses, make all animal free for guests, let guests-members spend money in weapons and equipment, free ammo only with membership.

If the future of this game looks more like today than this requisites, it doesnt have future, in my opinion.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

If a person does not want to pay to play I agree ............. leave this fantastic game and go play tetris
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

fantamichele wrote:If a person does not want to pay to play I agree ............. leave this fantastic game and go play tetris
;)

Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

fantamichele wrote:...leave this fantastic game and go play tetris
I'we already started throwing everything I don't need (irl) right out the window (garbage), after I watched the documentary "Minimalist" on Netflix.
If I at any point get a feeling that EW threat me or this game as garbage, I'll throw the game and everything connected to it right in the garbage as well.
If you are too connected to something, not knowing when to get loose, you'll sooner or later end up with it in the garbage as well.
Don't know if tetris is a good thing, but getting rid of things and addictions is a good start. :)

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Pretty_Boy wrote:Don't know if tetris is a good thing
They're releasing a Battle Royale version of Tetris and I've heard it's going to be a big competition for Fortnite and PUBG. :lol:

Image Image Image
strontsiy

Post by strontsiy »

This game have a lot of monetisation possibilities and also a lot of ways to take realy big amount of players. In my opinion game buisnes model needs next changes:
1) Increase role of gm$ (add gm price to every old, simpe(without custom look) items) and allow to get a little amount of gm$ in every hunt (Members get more).
2) Make animal rotation for guest longer and with more animals for hunt to (Seasoning).
3) Change ammo role. (Make shop ammo packs refillable (Mempers must have 3 packs for free like now.))
4) Random daily gift for members (Some stuff like medical kit or dog food e.t.c)
5) Change role of missions (Harder missions rewarded by items)
6) Provide guests to make small sessions (Less than 4 players)
This changes make game realy "free to play with premium and micropayments" but not "freemium" or "pay to play with trial account" and help to get back peoples who was scared with high amount of payments.

Simple words: Player must not pay, player must want to pay.
Skybird
Hunter

Post by Skybird »

I can live without all that statistics management and competition and online stuff. All that always was and still is just secondary to me. The Hunter is about getting immersed in a sandbox world of beauty and atmosphere. All I want and hope for is that I can continue to play an occasional session for myself and get lost in the beauty of this game. The new game is good, but I still love the old one as well. We all knew from beginning on that it was not paying for ownerhsip of a game but paying for time-limited subscription - still I hope that the love people feel for the game gets some reward in allowing people to continue to play, even if it means that servers managing statistics and such things get switched off. I can also understand that maybe ongoing development may slow down or comes to a stop. After all, its ten years.

But do not let the game die regarding playability, accessability. Keep at least single player playability. My journey with this jewel lasts for six years now. I hate the idea of not being able to play it occasionally.
hours: >960 / Hunter Score: >8400
Stealthhunter
Tracker

Post by Stealthhunter »

I don't care what they do to the business model, but if they stop supporting the game and adding things to it, i want to see it become free to play. I mean, any reserve, any animal, unlimited ammo for every weapon for free. The only thing you should have to pay for is em, if you wanted to get another weapon, tent, clothing, equipment (tree-stand), etc.
I know, me personally won't be buying memberships for unlimited ammo if i know they are no going to add anything new to the game anymore. I love this game, and if they aren't going to add anything new make they whole game free to play with unlimited ammo for every weapon. Just make us pay for em, if we want something in the store we don't have.
I am not trying to start any arguments this i just my opinion on the matter. :)
Please click this link if you are interested in joining up to the UHCapps site. You can win prizes and earn points to get em on the UHCapps
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Pretty_Boy wrote:Don't know if tetris is a good thing
They're releasing a Battle Royale version of Tetris and I've heard it's going to be a big competition for Fortnite and PUBG. :lol:

That's just messed up :lol:
8-) :? 8-)

1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Stealthhunter wrote:I don't care what they do to the business model, but if they stop supporting the game and adding things to it, i want to see it become free to play. I mean, any reserve, any animal, unlimited ammo for every weapon for free. The only thing you should have to pay for is em, if you wanted to get another weapon, tent, clothing, equipment (tree-stand), etc.
I know, me personally won't be buying memberships for unlimited ammo if i know they are no going to add anything new to the game anymore. I love this game, and if they aren't going to add anything new make they whole game free to play with unlimited ammo for every weapon. Just make us pay for em, if we want something in the store we don't have.
I am not trying to start any arguments this i just my opinion on the matter. :)
Certainly keep to offer new variants of the same weapons and similar item, is not the way.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”